Game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Reaction Score
IDK. UConn dropped 30 in the first against the zone. UConn is not going to turn over the ball and shoot 3's poorly every game. Things will even out.
I would think: You'll never see this many turnover again. It is going to be a very difficult trip to UCLA for the team standing up all the way there.\A
Probably embarrassing as they run onto the court with the back of their Uniforms missing.
After game interview--Geno said everyone wanted to shoot--inferring not as many assists as he would like.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m very pleased with both MW & AEH’s play today. If Lou is out for and extended period of time, and who knows when Batouly might be ready, it’s essential that other players step up, and it does not look like Molly or Kyla are ready.

Reaction Score
I think the zone defense gave us trouble. Gabby and NaPheesa were not confident in their outside shot- they passed up a lot of open looks. Dangerfield/Azura were not hitting their outside shots either. Kia was the only player relatively dangerous from deep.

I wonder if UCLA will play zone. I wonder if we should try to out run UCLA or play more of a half court style offense. I haven't seen UCLA play this year so it will be interesting.

Canada will put Dangerfield to the test defensively. I don't think Nurse is quick enough to contain her (I hope that she proves me wrong). Gabby and Azura will have their hands full defending the post.

I would think: You'll never see this many turnover again. It is going to be a very difficult trip to UCLA for the team standing up all the way there.\A
Probably embarrassing as they run onto the court with the back of their Uniforms missing.
After game interview--Geno said everyone wanted to shoot--inferring not as many assists as he would like.
\

The fourth quarter mostly 3 frosh Molly and A zura--held their own in scoring, blew it with turnovers==but Walker and AEH showed they belonged.
I'm not sure of the quality of MD players in the 4th, but Brenda rarely IMO clears her bench early.
I'm sure after the game in the locker room and on the trip to Calif; Geno shall have words of encouragement for the team and ask them politely to please , if it's with in you, please limit the turnovers and assist.

Reaction Score
UCLA is, at this point in the season, the only team that looks close to the Husky's. I like the way Geno played the bench the entire 4th.

Sorry, but I'm a big Andy fan. Although when Rebecca is next to him he can get a bit condescending.
Louisville looks pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
I’m very pleased with both MW & AEH’s play today. If Lou is out for and extended period of time, and who knows when Batouly might be ready, it’s essential that other players step up, and it does not look like Molly or Kyla are ready.
Me too---Walker and AEH, kudo's. They will NOT replace KLS but if they play at or above today's level they can make the loss to not hurt as much.

Reaction Score
Uconn by 20 or more on Tuesday. Baylor played without Mulkey and Cox. Baylor guards kept going under screens leaving UCLA open 3s. Canada did what she wanted to do. Uconn beat them by 15 last year and they didnt play that well!

Reaction Score
C'mon guys! UConn is up big at the end of the 3rd and Geno sits the regulars. They still win by 25. What do people want? Yeah the offense lacked a little flow. This is to be expected with Z starting and UConn only 3 games into the season. Does everyone expect them to hit 3's at a 60% rate every game? Last I looked these young ladies are still human. I mean, UCLA to me is the #2 team in the nation so far and UConn still looks 25 points better. What do you guys want? I love being a part of the BY, but some here have unrealistic aspirations for this team.
How dare you? What is UNREALISTIC about wanting to win the NC is november and coast to April to put the award in it's cabinet in April. By this time in the season AEH, Walker, Coombs, Gordon Molly, Irwin should be beating every team without help from the Fab 5 plus Z. This is Uconn perfection from day one --or fold up the tent.

Reaction Score
Noble & Greenough freshman Caroline Ducharme (2021) was behind the UConn bench today. She's ranked #4 in her class by Blue Star.

well she sure got to see the good the bad and the ugly today.............

Reaction Score
AEH played 14 minutes today - more than Molly (6), Mikayla (4) and Lexi (2) together.
Chances are she has made it.

Reaction Score
Noticed Maryland kept Kaila Charles in the game in garbage time. I know they have a thin bench, but it was noticeable how much she played at the end. She was able to pad her stats but it seemed kind of dangerous to risk an injury to your best player in a game long since decided. But maybe I am just skittish that way after Lou's injury.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
AEH played 14 minutes today - more than Molly (6), Mikayla (4) and Lexi (2) together.
Chances are she has made it.
I’m not sure she’s made it, but she certainly looks like she’s the front runner at this point.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
C'mon guys! UConn is up big at the end of the 3rd and Geno sits the regulars. They still win by 25. What do people want? Yeah the offense lacked a little flow. This is to be expected with Z starting and UConn only 3 games into the season. Does everyone expect them to hit 3's at a 60% rate every game? Last I looked these young ladies are still human. I mean, UCLA to me is the #2 team in the nation so far and UConn still looks 25 points better. What do you guys want? I love being a part of the BY, but some here have unrealistic aspirations for this team.
This.

Three ranked teams defeated by an average of almost 30 points and people are complaining. Geno said years ago he needs three players to have a good game every night, he didn't care who, but fans seem to want everyone to play perfectly every night. I have news for these people, the players are human beings who have ups and downs, good nights and bad. For fans to expect them to be perfect at all times is just unbelievable.

Please tell me it's not going to be like this all season. If it will be this way, I'll run out and get a Xanax prescription tomorrow.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the better I like the work of the frosh today
They're going to be terrific...soon.
Live up to their moniker by the end of January

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This.

Three ranked teams defeated by an average of almost 30 points and people are complaining. Geno said years ago he needs three players to have a good game every night, he didn't care who, but fans seem to want everyone to play perfectly every night. I have news for these people, the players are human beings who have ups and downs, good nights and bad. For fans to expect them to be perfect at all times is just unbelievable.

Please tell me it's not going to be like this all season. If it will be this way, I'll run out and get a Xanax prescription tomorrow.
While I certainly don’t disagree with your comments, the Xanax prescription does sound like a worthwhile idea.

Reaction Score
Gabby right now is clearly the best player on this team. What a joy to watch. Add justine and milford's player- Danger - absolutely amazing instincts for the game. And Az is rounding out nicely.

********* I fear the game vs UCLA without Lou. That's okay to fear. Just sayin' they got the style and they are playing at home to beat UCONN. Their two all-american candidates could be the best two players on the court on that given day. If so, that could be a problem.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NOOOOOO, not Andy Landers

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss, it's your favorite uncle, Andy Landers!!! Landers is a "favorite Son" in Bristol. You may not like him, but the suits at ESPN do. Heh heh heh. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Kiah Gillespie?

Upon her arrival, she immediately went into the witness protection program...........if you get my drift. :cool:

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
It is really sad that they can't find any better officials than this. There have been at least half a dozen blatantly missed calls already.

VERY Sad that this level of incomtectence permeates WBB

Carnac

Reaction Score
What's with Gabby and the turnovers?

Today is just not her day. I hope she get whatever she has out of her system TODAY!!! They cannot afford to turnover the ball Tuesday at this rate and expect to win.
They got away with it today. They may not be so lucky Tuesday if this trend continues. :oops: Remember Geno said all he needs is for 3 of his starters to be ON, and he didn't care which 3. Today he had the 3 he needed.
Everybody is going to get their turn at having a great game throughout the season. It's Biorhythms. Some days you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gabby right now is clearly the best player on this team. What a joy to watch. Add justine and milford's player- Danger - absolutely amazing instincts for the game. And Az is rounding out nicely.

********* I fear the game vs UCLA without Lou. That's okay to fear. Just sayin' they got the style and they are playing at home to beat UCONN. Their two all-american candidates could be the best two players on the court on that given day. If so, that could be a problem.
No one in the country can play "lock down" defense like UConn. One significant advantage of starting Z over Lou is that it moves Gabby to the perimeter on defense, where she, Kia and Danger are smothering opposing teams ability to run their offense. It also gets another big rebounder on the court, which clearly made a difference today. Canada & Billings are talented, and UConn's offense still isn't firing on all cylinders, but the UConn defense is playing incredibly well when it matters. I see UConn +20 at Pauley against the Bruins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom