Game Thread! | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Juts incredible. I can't believe how incredible they looked. I can't even describe it. I couldn't believe what they were doing in the 1st half. Just incredible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
West Virginia men's team is stealing some of UConn's thunder

upload_2017-1-10_21-26-28.png

Reaction Score
Gabby double-double, almost triple .
Remarkable!
6 Players in double figures!
Each UCONN player (except Molly & Tlaw) had at least 2 rebounds & 1 assist & 2 made FG.
Stat of the game II: Chong's point production was a surprise but perhaps no more so than 10 points off the bench from Natalie Butler. UConn isn't a deep team (it hasn't much mattered, clearly) but this was the first time all season six players reached double digits.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I am absolutely blow away by this team!!!!!!!

This was a total destruction of the #20 team in the nation.

We were in our community's sports bar watching the game, in our UConn garb of course. Those around us who are not that familiar with UConn were asking us questions. They were in amazement of our team.

I still find it hard to beleive that this is the second time the program has won 90 in a row. Man life is good if you are a UConn fan!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Memo to anyone who complains about large margins of victories for some other schools:

I will note that UConn's starting 5 is in midway thru Q3 in a 50+ pt game.
Hmmm - see anything in these numbers 30, 35, 19, 18 - they are quarter scores and by the beginning of the second half Uconn had called off the dogs. Slow walk up off boards and made shots, work on half court offense. The 5 starters averaged 24 minutes and the 5 bench players including the former walk-on average 16 minutes each - a little over a 1.5 quarters. Yeah, I'll still complain about teams that continue to press and run and gun on offense in blow-outs.

Reaction Score
Finally home from the game and I must say... I'm amazed. Absolutely amazed and blown away. I chatted briefly with the folks around me before the game and we all seemed to wonder how hard USF would play us - would we see something similar to the meetings in the past where it looked close for a bit but ultimately the Huskies pulled ahead? By the end 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter, we all knew that wouldn't be the case. This was different. This was... special.

How lucky we are as a fanbase to support this program. Geno said he wouldn't trade this team for anything, and you know what? I wouldn't either.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what was on the special shirts?
The backs said:
11 National Titles. 17 Final Fours. 6 Undefeated Seasons.
2 of the longest winning streaks in college basketball.

(The 'longest winning streaks' bit might not be word for word, but it's as close as I can remember.)

Reaction Score
Just got back from the local sports bar, so I haven't had a chance to catch up with posts. It is entirely possible that someone else has reached the same conclusion as I, and it is this:

At various points in various games over the last, say 15 years, the UConn women have played stretches of 5 to 20 minutes of what I would call perfect basketball. I would define it as exciting basketball that overwhelms the opponent, does not include any mistakes, and creates offense (regardless of which UConn players are on the court) that is essentially unstoppable. I submit that we saw a bunch of that today in the first quarter. It was breathtaking, IMHO. Hope we see more of that level of play again this season, but if we don't, I'd say we were damn lucky to witness it in this gme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom