Game thread: UConn @ Tulsa | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game thread: UConn @ Tulsa

Reaction Score
Was there a good replay of the out of bounds call? Or Jalen being fouled at the end of regulation?

Reaction Score
Gimme a break....they are fighting hard....we've played basically 5 guys the 2nd half & OT.
This excuse needs to stop. The five on the court are not good.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
2 wide open looks. Clank...clank...

Reaction Score
This excuse needs to stop. The five on the court are not good.
STFU.....Adams was very good, Vital is a frosh forced to play 40 minutes a game, the seniors were what they are...enough bashing a team that's missing 2 critical guys!

Reaction Score
Thank god all 11 teams qualify for the AAC tournament. Might as well go winless and just wait for March.

Reaction Score
They burried the whistle on the previous play.
I didn't see the foul on the other end, our shotblockers went straight up and any contact was initiated by the offensive player. Adams was raked across the arm, it doesn't get more blatant than that.

Reaction Score

I'm not in Connecticut.

In the past, in the BE, this would have been on a local channel.

Same with the ACC. I get no ACC games where I live. Which is why I like the national games. My cable company has NBCSN, CBSSN, SEC, BTN--we don't get anything by Raycom or anything like it.

Reaction Score
Team is allergic to winning especially in close games at the end just absolutely horrific,

Reaction Score
Adams and Purvis could not make a big shot if their lives depended on it. (Outside of 1 lucky heave last year)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Season from hell no doubt...

Trying to find silver linings, because that was a clinic on how to lose a game late...but honestly, most of that is on players who either (a) are young and hopefully will learn from this or (b) players like Purv or Facey: seniors who are who they are.

Coaching couldn't have done much, and Jalen made some bad mistakes, Vital as well, but also made some big plays and hopefully will learn from this loss.

The goal from here on should be to never rely on these seniors for anything other than their small roles; we need to bombard the youngsters with game experience where their play decides the game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's the same problem. Nobody is clutch. They mis FTs. They miss open looks. I've never seen a team so unable to make a shot when they need one.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the foul on the other end, our shotblockers went straight up and any contact was initiated by the offensive player. Adams was raked across the arm, it doesn't get more blatant than that.
Yup. The ref was scared to give the home team an L via a foul call. Simple as that.

Still, there's something to be said about even being in that situation to begin with. Even with our injuries we should be able to handle Tulsa.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Adams and Purvis could not make a big shot if their lives depended on it. (Outside of 1 lucky heave last year)

Adams made like 3-4 big shots in this game.

He barely missed 2 big shots, and nailed 3, perhaps more depending on your definition of "big."

Unfair to pin a "can't hit a big shot" description on him after today especially, case of recency bias BIG TIME.

Purv...no argument.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys it was only close to a foul, truth be told Jalen should have made the lay up. This is not on the refs at all, make a shot, don't throw stupid passes, make a FT. Really much more simple than the refs.

Reaction Score
There are just so many growing pains with the young guys. We just have to fight through these types of moments, silly turnovers and all...
Growing pains w young guys?? Our seniors, who represent 60% of the guys on the court 2nd half and OT, are responsible for this loss. All of them made plays that would make you THINK they are freshmen, but no, they are seniors.

Reaction Score
.....Adams was very good, Vital is a frosh forced to play 40 minutes a game, the seniors were what they are...enough bashing a team that's missing 2 critical guys!
Just stop. We get it. They are under manned. And who is bashing them? The simple fact is of the seven scholarship players, 6 aren't very good. Regardless of health, this is a game they should have won. Instead, they again found a way to lose. The reality is this team is non-competitive. The reality is I never expected to applaud effort and ignore results. This is simply brutal. Ditto for those on this board who are making excuses.

Reaction Score
Adams keep them in the game with his run and if people made FT's it wouldn't have gone to OT what the hell are you talking about?
He missed two 3s in the final min of OT and a layup at the buzzer and a jumper with 15 secs left in regulation to take the lead.

0-4 with chances to win the game, so with the game on the line he and Purvis cannot hit a shot, been that way for a while. Try to keep up big guy.

Reaction Score
Just stop. We get it. They are under manned. And who is bashing them? The simple fact is of the seven scholarship players, 6 aren't very good. Regardless of health, this is a game they should have won. Instead, they again found a way to lose. The reality is this team is non-competitive. The reality is I never expected to applaud effort and ignore results. This is simply brutal. As is those on this board who are making excuses.

Agree no excuses in this one just won, Tulsa's not very good need to have these in the W column. Having said that while you love to chase those with "excuses" you simply can't wait to run roughshod all over them either. Pretty glaringly obvious who you are in compared to those who try to discuss the obvious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom