Game Thread: UCONN/Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Putting Kiah in was the difference. Expect major minutes for her in 2nd half

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kiah and UCONN's conditioning turn the game late in the half. We need to keep taking the ball inside and to make our FTs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Defense has been terrific. Offense needs to pick up, i.e., make some shots.

Reaction Score
I think UConn came out a little tight results in a bad shooting. Hopefully, second half will be different.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand how you let players as good as Stewart the last game and KML tonight get completely shut out in a half. Talk about worst case scenarios.
But we're still ahead - it's true what they say: we just have too many weapons

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great end of the half to take the lead. KML has to get into the game. No Points so far, she needs to help Bria and Stewie. UConn got to the line and Stanford didn't. That was the Stat of the 1st half. UConn 7 points on Free Throws, Stanford Zero. Stanford did make some amazing Fluke shots as the time clock expired. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Lobo said it was taking MoJeff OUT that made the difference:confused:
It was in the sense that it meant UCONN went big. It is not a good match up for MoJett. That size with Kiah, Stef, Stewie and KML is helpful against Stanford with their size up front. It helped our rebounding. We, also went to zone. Officials were good and stayed out of the way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Our lack of a guard off the bench is a problem, not because the starters get tired, but because it denies us any semblance of flexibility or options if someone plays poorly.

Playing only 6 players is kind of an issue sometimes.

Reaction Score
Hello, Nebraska? Could you send the good KML back? The triple-double one? She got body-snatched by aliens out in your cornfields and we want her back, k? Thx!
She hasn't had that many touches, though, has she? Not that she's made shots when she has, but. . .

Typical UConn-Stanford game, so much time playing beyond the arc.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, at least we don't have to worry about fouls. Just make some shots!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Greetings from Music City!

Let's make some shots and play lock-down defense. We can beat these guys decisively.

Reaction Score
I've been getting a 2011 vibe from this team. Only 6 players, sluggish early NCAA games. Lead at the half of a semi final. Hope the out come is different.

Reaction Score
Defense has been terrific. Offense needs to pick up, i.e., make some shots.
I am stunned that UConn continues to shoot so terribly bad. It's been going on throughout the tournament and thankfully our defense has generated some inside scoring but any shot from ten feet out seems to do nothing but clank iron. Stef Dolson has really looked like so slow and stiff. I would almost think she's got back issues or something. I would surely like UConn to make some open shots. It's not like they haven't been open on a good portion of their shots, it's just that they aren't making them.

Reaction Score
Guys, Muffett hasn't seen UConn play that much this year. ND is concerned with ND. She needs to watch film--maybe the creeper film the red-headed player Madison Cable(?) was making with her phone cam during the first half. *shudders*

Reaction Score
I am stunned that UConn continues to shoot so terribly bad. It's been going on throughout the tournament and thankfully our defense has generated some inside scoring but any shot from ten feet out seems to do nothing but clank iron. Stef Dolson has really looked like so slow and stiff. I would almost think she's got back issues or something. I would surely like UConn to make some open shots. It's not like they haven't been open on a good portion of their shots, it's just that they aren't making them.

They had some incredibly off shooting games in conference play too but the competition was so weak it didn't hurt.

Too streaky from outside. When they are on they are on. When they are off they are off.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We held Chiney to 4 points and when the guards started to miss for Stanford we, also, starting pulling down more boards with the big line up.

Shooting is shooting and it usually evens out. What hurt were the TOs from horrid passes. You need to stop those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak