Game Thread: UCONN/Rutgers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It seems like the past five or ten minutes of this half have gotten quite ugly. I'm only reading the ESPN Gamecast but it appears like a bunch of turnovers by both sides, fouls, missed shots have been happening. I have no doubt that the kids are playing with some intensity but I gather it hasn't been too pretty to watch.
It isn't looking bad, they just taken the pressure off.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Rutgers averages 68.4 per
They underachieved a bit today…by almost half.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers averages 68.4 per
They underachieved a bit today…by almost half.

Helps if you can make shots....which against everyone else we can. Good defense, and game by UConn.

I'm more focused on Monday's game....and hopefully Kahleah will be alright, and able to play.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Helps if you can make shots....which against everyone else we can. Good defense, and game by UConn.

I'm more focused on Monday's game....and hopefully Kahleah will be alright, and able to play.
Absolutely key.

I've always said that UConn's defense - always statistically among the best - doesn't always get the credit it deserves from the average fan. This should remove any questions from any RU fans.

As to Rutgers, we are a solid and decent team this year, something we haven't been in a while. We are much more offensively coherent this year than in the past. If we were not in the AAC, with our record we would be a lock for the tourney. We are probably in the tourney but we have to beat USF to be more certain. And Copper will be key to doing that.

Wait till next year, and we "should" be something really special.

Reaction Score
Great to see KML back. Surprised she played as many minutes as she did. Chance to shake off the rust. Kiah was very active. Great game for her. Rebounding, shot blocking, moving to the basket, taking a jumper of two. She will be big come tournament time.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I believe it was Emil Faber who said, "Making shots is good."

:D

Reaction Score
Absolutely key.

I've always said that UConn's defense - always statistically among the best - doesn't always get the credit it deserves from the average fan. This should remove any questions from any RU fans.

As to Rutgers, we are a solid and decent team this year, something we haven't been in a while. We are much more offensively coherent this year than in the past. If we were not in the AAC, with our record we would be a lock for the tourney. We are probably in the tourney but we have to beat USF to be more certain. And Copper will be key to doing that.

If you were not in the AAC then you would not have the record you have now.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If you were not in the AAC then you would not have the record you have now.
Probably - this year - but, the poor strength of schedule (not good in or out of conference) is a real issue this year for a team that probably is tournament quality, although a mediocre seed.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Absolutely key.

Well, I for one will expect you to win your new conference.

Reaction Score
According to a RU fan " running the pickel roll is the only chance they have against Uconn"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
They tried running the jelly roll, but, they kept getting stuck on it....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom