Game Thread UCONN/ND | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Thread UCONN/ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At the risk of repeating (I just got on line) IMHO UConn has played terribly, for the most part. Breanna seems not to be able to shoot, for one major thing, and Plan B when she goes south has not really been working.

What is up with the "hard practice" the announcers are talking about? Punishment? Is that really a good idea? Does it seem to have worked out?

Does it seem that, at least up to now, Geno has been outcoached? Cannot wait to see what changes he makes for the second half.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For the last 5 minutes UConn fouled plenty and got away with plenty, its evening out, but the game is much too rough.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This was my concern. If nothing else ND always gets to the line a lot. At least against us.
Do many of you still think we win by 20+?
Glad to see the nice fight back at the end. Only able to do it because the zebras swallowed the whistles. No whistles is better than all the whistles one way. One thing about WCBB refs they are consistently incosistent.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing, turn off the announcers if you want to have have a chance of staying sane in this game.

Reaction Score
Don Criqui = Bob Picozzi with dementia. Time to retire. Wrong players id's. Miscalls. Sheesh.
Criqui doesn't follow WBB, although he says he's a fan. Maybe he'll hit his stride in the second half, like UConn will. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blah blah blah.
We played terribly for stretches.
Sorry, but allowing flow and not obstructing of interfering with flow is a specific point of emphasis this year. And these officials need to call fouls when cutters are grabbed on their arms and prevented from moving and losing their defender. You said it isn't a reason for bad shooting when in fact it does affect it. It affects it by cutting down quality high percentage shots.

Reaction Score
UConn needs BStew to wake up. She has done nothing this game.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly with 10 shots already. I am not so worried about the threes, but I would like to see her finish all of those at the rim. I'd like to see 4-5 shots next half.

OMG...someone please stop allowing CBS to cover women's bball (watching the halftime show).

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
thought Diggins was fouled twice but no call. I have no horse in this race, but it is physical on both ends.
Right...Diggins was fouled twelve times but no call and you're still not bitter about last Saturday. :rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Nd's big advantage over UConn is they can get to the line more frequently then UConn does. ND knows how to draw fouls when playing UConn. Don't know what the coaching staff can do, except to copy what ND does.

When UConn drives to the basket or draws contact in the post they can't don't get the calls.

I don't believe the refs going into the game favor ND, but they must be doing something right.

Reaction Score
well, if you believe in tendencies, you would think that UConn cannot continue to have the bad shooting day that they've had. 33%? Really? Just not likely. But the tendency of ND is to do the foul thing, and they may be able to keep that up, too, which leaves a real problem for UConn. The UConn players on the floor toward the end of the half seemed to have some fire in them, bringing the score much closer. Let's hope that's the trend.

Reaction Score
I think you guys will be fine in 2nd half with KML comes back in. Haven't seen box score, but it appears you are out rebounding them, which will continue. And your outside shots will start to fall.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
thought Diggins was fouled twice but no call. I have no horse in this race, but it is physical on both ends.

True, She was, especially in the last few minutes BUT in the first 10 she was allowed to foul UCONN a number of times with no fouls called.
As I said in previous post I'd rather they did let them play than blow all the whistles on one team. Problem with that is - eventually someone gets hurt.

Reaction Score
I think you guys will be fine in 2nd half with KML comes back in. Haven't seen box score, but it appears you are out rebounding them, which will continue. And your outside shots will start to fall.
From your mouth to God's ears!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tom, I'm sure some of the reason for the chaos is:
1. No Caroline
2. The absurd travel schedule and the implications thereafter. It's not just jet lag, its three plane changes + 2 buses.
They had a well publicized charter to St Thomas (which they didn't need) and couldn't arrange one for this crucial moment?

Of course they can still win, but what a tough first-half scramble.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nd's big advantage over UConn is they can get to the line more frequently then UConn does. ND knows how to draw fouls when playing UConn. Don't know what the coaching staff can do, except to copy what ND does.

When UConn drives to the basket or draws contact in the post they can't don't get the calls.

I don't believe the refs going into the game favor ND, but they must be doing something right.

Not sure they don't when you see the number of foul shots ND has shot on the year and some of the open space fouls we've seen called today. At least twice Diggins has gotten calls with 18" between her and the defender. Refs anticipate too much.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Too any three point shots by UCONN. Get the ball to Dolson on the low block. She is spending too much time at the high post.

Reaction Score
Second half coming up. Huskies only have to outscore the leprechauns by 3 points this half. I suspect/hope it will be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom