Game Thread; UConn-ND | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Thread; UConn-ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We got to up ten and then took off the pressure. We do that frequently. We need to keep pushing through to 15, then 20, then 25. Never take off the pressure on either end.
Let's get it to 5, then 8 first.

Reaction Score
Geno messed up when he gave KML and Bria a break at the same time. We had a lineup of Faris, Hayes, Doty, Stokes and Dolson. Who is going to score? That is when the game turned around. I have never, all season long, seen that line-up, and that is the time he picks to experiment with it?!?!?!?

GAM

Reaction Score
I hate that nd goes in to the locker room on a roll. Kelly, I love you, but you are gun shy and nd knows it. You can do it, show them you can, girl!

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk
Don't understand what is the deal with Kelly these days. She used to score 5 - 7 pts but lately nothing goes in. Did she forget to practice shooting?

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
The change happened when they took KML out for the breather. We never regained the rhythm we were in.
KLM should be starting and playing. She is the leader and needs to start the second half...enough of the entitlement starts. Hopefully KLM and Kiah see a lot more action in the second half.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno messed up when he gave KML and Bria a break at the same time. We had a lineup of Faris, Hayes, Doty, Stokes and Dolson. Who is going to score? That is when the game turned around. I have never, all season long, seen that line-up, and that is the time he picks to experiment with it?!?!?!?
Yup, that was the change.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
KLM should be starting and playing. She is the leader and needs to start the second half...enough of the entitlement starts. Hopefully KLM and Kiah see a lot more action in the second half.
She doesn't need to start. There is no major advantage to her starting, her minutes are more important and starting is physically helpful to Caroline.

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
She doesn't need to start. There is no major advantage to her starting, her minutes are more important and starting is physically helpful to Caroline.
Respectfully disagree. We need as many KLM and Kiah Minutes that we can get, which means starting them. We can't continue plaing 3-5 on offense.....i.e. the last eight minutes...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's get it to 5, then 8 first.
I was referring to where we were in the first half when we took off the pressure. We were up 10, now we need to completely rebuild the lead.

Reaction Score
One possession at a time. Good defense, execute on offense. Playing confident put nd on their heels for much of the first half. They come out like that to start the second half I like our chances of denying nd a BE title.

Reaction Score
My gut tells me we will know tonight's outcome in the first 5 minutes when we see which team comes out.

I'll be looking for the honey badger gleam in their eyes.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Pattern of the game seems dangerously familiar... C'mon UCONN! DO THIS!!
They gotta grab the initiative back in the 2nd Half.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. We need as many KLM and Kiah Minutes that we can get, which means starting them. We can't continue plaing 3-5 on offense.....i.e. the last eight minutes...
No it doesn't mean starting them it means using them on the court for 30-35 minutes whenever they come. Kiah was not good when she was in tonight.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Having to bring KML in early off the bench because we can't get any offense from our starters isn't the way to establish your will in a game like this either. Next season, Caroline and Kelly can't both start. Love 'em both to pieces, but just can't do it. Makes no sense to have someone like Breanna Stewart sitting on the bench while we struggle to score points to start the game.

Really hope we try to post up more this half as well. Stef isn't feeling it from outside, and we're playing one-dimensional on offense.

Reaction Score
DING DING DING! Round two is about to start!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Pretty tough to ask a player to go 40 minutes in a game of this intensity. The same players were in involved in the first 12 minutes when we played great. You're not going to bury a team as good as ND. They are going to make runs.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Having to bring KML in early off the bench because we can't get any offense from our starters isn't the way to establish your will in a game like this either. Next season, Caroline and Kelly can't both start. Love 'em both to pieces, but just can't do it. Makes no sense to have someone like Breanna Stewart sitting on the bench while we struggle to score points to start the game.

Really hope we try to post up more this half as well. Stef isn't feeling it from outside, and we're playing one-dimensional on offense.
I expect that by Christmas we will see some of those changes, alex. I will be surprised if we see them immediately in November. I have followed Geno too long to expect him to change certain habits.

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
Pretty tough to ask a player to go 40 minutes in a game of this intensity. The same players were in involved in the first 12 minutes when we played great. You're not going to bury a team as good as ND. They are going to make runs.
Agree, that is why you need to start this half off with your best players, get the momentum and then bring in Banks!!!! Chuckle..

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
We squandered the perfect opportunity to take this game over, from a 10pt to 20pt lead before the half! Had our foot on their neck when Geno went twin towers (loved the move) w/Stef and Kiah, but took out Bria and Kaleena (threw my shoe at the screen, but missed) and our offense ground to a dead stop! :mad: Instead of building, they cut the lead and we never regained our intensity.

Kaleena is on fire, yet we still don't run everything through, around, over and under her??? And when did Caroline decide she would never attempt another shot???

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef was just wide open on a pick and roll.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We squandered the perfect opportunity to take this game over, from a 10pt to 20pt lead before the half! Had our foot on their neck when Geno went twin towers (loved the move) w/Stef and Kiah, but took out Bria and Kaleena (threw my shoe at the screen, but missed) and our offense ground to a dead stop! :mad: Instead of building, they cut the lead and we never regained our intensity.

Kaleena is on fire, yet we still don't run everything through, around, over and under her??? And when did Caroline decide she would never attempt another shot???
I didn't see her have any real good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom