Game Thread: UConn-Marquette | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UConn-Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
man, you are worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrried...

Im only saying this cause this isnt normal of you. Did you make a bet with someone on the ND game?
Just want to see Bria, KML, and Tiff playing well simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, UConn looks like the best team int he country. When it doesn't, UConn can look like a team very capable of being upset in Kingston.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Bria:

Eight points on 3-11 shooting with five TOs. Yikes!

She and Skylar are friends, and she gets up for playing her. Hope she finds her shooting touch again back in the friendly confines of the XL Center
The last person you need to worry about is Bria...she's got the memory of a cornerback. :cool:

Reaction Score
Very impressed with KML today! Very impressed. I hope this continues. 5 3's.... I hope she can get 5 3's a game for the next 10 games ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just want to see Bria, KML, and Tiff playing well simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, UConn looks like the best team int he country. When it doesn't, UConn can look like a team very capable of being upset in Kingston.
happened with Renee Tina and Maya as well...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Very impressed with KML today! Very impressed. I hope this continues. 5 3's.... I hope she can get 5 3's a game for the next 10 games ;)
And she continues to post up strong in the middle.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
happened with Renee Tina and Maya as well...
If you had two of three balling, though, that was really, really good. Tiff, KML, and Bria aren't at that level yet.

Reaction Score
I have always compared KML to Maya. While I understand she is a different player and she should not be expected to be like Maya was in freshman season... she is an amazing player. I want to know who that announcer spoke to who supposedly yelled at her for saying that.

Think of this team next season... with KML and Stokes improved.... and Stewart, Jefferson, and Tuck... oh my. And we only lose Hayes.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you had two of three balling, though, that was really, really good. Tiff, KML, and Bria aren't at that level yet.
Tiff & KML were on... Bria not so much! They won by 40 without a post player.

do you think UConn will win Monday night... yes or no?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lady year, Geno said that he had 5 good freshmen coming in. If he could get 3 more, that would offset the loss of Maya. Here come Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
confession... I didnt watch the game I only "heard", I was cooking dinner (tilapia fish, w/spinach and rice) :oops:

soooooooo I was really punished by the announcers

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I couldn't believe I heard that.

Had to be the most annoying pair of announcers I've ever heard in WCBB! Half the time they were oblivious to what was happening on the court (one example: it must have taken them 3-4 minutes before they mentioned that Heather Buck had come in--the male announcer continued to say that UConn didn't have a post player while Heather was standing right in the picture). And homies to the nth degree!

Reaction Score
Bria:

Eight points on 3-11 shooting with five TOs. Yikes!

She and Skylar are friends, and she gets up for playing her. Hope she finds her shooting touch again back in the friendly confines of the XL Center

Bria usually has a pretty bad game before a big game. I get the feeling she looks ahead.

My concern is that her shot has been ice cold for weeks now. And you can't tell anything by it because sometimes it's short, sometimes it's long, sometimes it's off right, sometimes it's off left. (Like, if it was short all the time, I'd say maybe she was playing too much..) Still, I'm not worried about Bria against ND. And she's the only one I'm not worried about.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
In baseball, I grew up listening to a great announcer named Red Barber (who did Brooklyn games and later announced for the Yankees). Barber was the consummate professional. He believed that an announcer should be completely objective and he was. And the great Dodger announcer, Vin Scully, learned from him. In all their years of announcing I doubt anyone ever heard Barber or Scully refer to the team they worked for as "we." But we live in a very different era today. Lots of old rules don't apply. So-called journalists put their opinions into news articles and we get announcers like the two we heard today. Anyone who has ever listened to an Atlanta Braves broadcast will have felt right at home listening to tonight's game.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Brianna Banks 27 minutes, Stefanie Dolson 6 minutes, Kiah Stokes 2 minutes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Roy, Red Barber is one of my all time favorite announcers. He called the game as poetry. He was a master of the language of imagery.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Roy, Red Barber is one of my all time favorite announcers. He called the game as poetry. He was a master of the language of imagery.

I can just see him up there sitting in the catbird seat!

Reaction Score
Had to log in to note the announcer's "Marquette's got them right where they want them", lol. Marquette had cut UConn's lead to 10.

I just have to say the announcers do not represent all Marquette fans :). I liked the 6-6 tie at the first media timeout :) but I knew UCONN was too good and this game would end in a blowout.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan! I am shocked, shocked to see you refer to a fellow blond in such unladylike tones!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom