game thread - southern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

game thread - southern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the replay now, one thing that really stands out to me from last year is how much better Larrier's lateral foot speed on defense is when compared to Hamilton. They will likely be guarding similar players but Larrier just moves his feet so much better on the defensive end than our 3 spot last year.
I agree and Hamilton got burned a lot because of it. Larrier may be an upgrade to Hamilton. Nothing against DHam and I wish him well but he also turned the ball over like crazy at times. That shows up big time in the box score. Yes he would triple double or close but he disappeared often too. Time will tell.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some of these Larrier dunks look eerily similar to Rudy. Quick off the feet, high apex, a bit of a glide and then the hammer.

upload_2016-11-5_17-45-26.png

Reaction Score
Was at the game - and Larrier looked just as good in person, if not better. Few things to note:

Ollie was just messing around with personnel groups. Substitutions were frequent and it seemed from the stands that we didn't have anything even remotely resembling a set rotation - which is to be expected given it is exhibition. There was little to say about the players individually given that their talents are going to come together more once their individual responsibilities are laid out as part of the actual rotation come game time. BUT there are a few things that stood out to me.

First - Larrier is an absolute freak of nature. We're going to be extremely lucky to have him more then one year.

Second - alterique looked shaky - but I think that was more because of how often the lineup was changing around him and he didn't really have a defined role today. Give it time.

Third - Brimah looked a bit lost in the first half - and then racked up like 14 points in the first two minutes in the beginning of the second. Will be really happy for him if he ends his career strong, definitely in his corner.

What I thought was funny was (From what i could tell our actual 5 man lineup) was in the game together for about 3 whole minutes, when we starting pulling away at the end of the first half. Our transition game is going to be incredible. Very excited for what is to come. Some unbelievable talent.

Reaction Score
Larrier is real. Stud real. Crowd-roaring real.
The Alterer is a joy to watch. Mostly D this year but he will score. Love his leapin'.
No Diarra?
Maturing Adams is poised for the next great leap in his career.
We'll have some fouls to give underneath and we will use a lot of them.
Several 3 pt options is nice, very nice.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree and Hamilton got burned a lot because of it. Larrier may be an upgrade to Hamilton. Nothing against DHam and I wish him well but he also turned the ball over like crazy at times. That shows up big time in the box score. Yes he would triple double or close but he disappeared often too. Time will tell.
First, DHam handled the ball much more than Larrier will ever - if DHam was on this team his role would be different from last year.
I think Larrier is a better athlete BUT he needs to come up with some of the bounds that the team will miss with DHam
I understand you are not dissing DHam and I also wish him nothing but the best
Looking forward to watching Larrier this season and him grow as a complete player

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alterique can definitely become a better version of John Linehan.

Mark it down he will be a pest on the ball and a thief in the passing lanes.

Reaction Score
Alterique can definitely become a better version of John Linehan.

Mark it down he will be a pest on the ball and a thief in the passing lanes.
That is saying a lot, I remember him embarrassing a freshman Taliek.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That is saying a lot, I remember him embarrassing a freshman Taliek.

Yes it is saying a lot. Alterique has the same low gravity, quick feet and stocky build.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Some of these Larrier dunks look eerily similar to Rudy. Quick off the feet, high apex, a bit of a glide and then the hammer.

View attachment 16628
Same physical build too, but Rudy had once-in-a-generation hops, athleticism and NBA dunking ability as an 18 year old.

Reaction Score
Was there some mention of why Diarra didn't get any minutes?

Reaction Score
Seems to me Mr Durham can pass the ball too, along with our guards. Need to stay away from the mustard and just make plays, because Lord knows they can move the ball. I haven't seen a game yet but yesterdays was actually very noticeable just by listening to Joe D (imagine that). He is talking faster because there's a lot less bouncing the ball and more moving it as it seems. Good news there and a reason they can be batter without DHam.

Reaction Score
Was there some mention of why Diarra didn't get any minutes?
From the Courant (affirming the post above):

Freshman Mamadou Diarra did not play. He has a sore knee and the Huskies want to get the swelling down.

Ollie talked about it in the post game press conference I posted in one of the threads on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom