Game thread: BE Final [merged] | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Game thread: BE Final [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, you are right. I see your point. Let's all get together and support this team, coach and players. We will only be better next time and there were a number of bright spots in the game, like the smile from Stewart and the tenacious steal by Bria. I am with you, let's go after the Big One.

Amen...

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
UConnCat said:
CD said on her post-game show that the play was designed to go to Stewie. They've worked on this play and thought they had a mis-match. CD said she thought Stewie could have shot the ball. CD didn't say this, but I suspect that the play was called because ND put so much pressure on UConn's guards that they probably thought it was a better option.

BTW, CD and Geno said that they fouled Diggins 3 times down the court (with a foul to give) but they weren't called.​
No big surprise...
You got that right OTP. Dee or Dennis make a big call that might have benefited UCONN in crunch time ???????????? LOL

Reaction Score
CD and Geno said that they fouled Diggins 3 times down the court (with a foul to give) but they weren't called.
I watched the replay off the last 15 seconds about 20 times. There was no clear foul on Diggins. Perhaps, right at the end, when the defender dove at the ball and fell down, but even that was marginal. If they intended to foul, then they should have fouled clearly. It seemed as if they did not intend to foul.

Although the play did not work, the real issue I saw was that Dolson and ML did not run back on D, and then the defender on Diggins dove for the dribble steal and another defender took herself out of the play going behind Diggins rather than getting between the ball and basket and picking up a ND player.
ML started from out of bounds, so it's understandable that she didn't get back.
But Dolson didn't move until all the ND players had blown by her. Not good at all considering it was a tie game with 9 seconds to play.

Reaction Score
Cheddie: I'm sorry. Don't take it that way. Just trying to address the general negativity around the board tonight. Posters who have a positive outlook 99% of the time are allowed to vent. I was more thinking of the posters who (If you look at their history of messages) never have a good word to say about our girls or coaching staff. I didn't even refer to who or what Kait was responding to, just her comment alone.
We're cool. It was a tough night for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom