Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a double dribble before the pass to griner

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yeah fouls to give which is a croc in itself.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but this team just ain't national championship caliber.

They turn it over at the worst times, they can't get a stop when they need it, they shoot all jumpers and they're not nearly as good a rebounding team as they should be.

Teams that don't do the little things well generally don't go all the way.

Reaction Score
Whoever is in charge of this production...all time bush league award, it's yours to lose...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

They turn it over at the worst times, they can't get a stop when they need it, they shoot all jumpers and they're not nearly as good a rebounding team as they should be.

Sorry but there is absolutely no reason this team can't win the championship. It will take some luck but it often does.

Reaction Score
It's over...if we can get Breanna untracked...I feel really good...Morgan and Moriah stepped up and Kaleena and Stef are Spartans!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rebecca with a chance to look up to someone.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

First all we didn't get blown out and secondly we aren't to tournament time yet. I still think if Stewie gets her confidence back and toughens up things can be very different in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Sorry but there is absolutely no reason this team can't win the championship. It will take some luck but it often does.
They just gave up 50 points in the 2nd half. At home.

For whatever reason, Bria is a shell of herself. It's February. I hope that changes - and with Bria, there's always a chance she turns it around - but it's panic time now. Oh, and Stewart doesn't look like she's ready to produce in big games yet.

This team has the talent, but if you haven't put it together by mid-February, it probably won't happen. They look a year away.

Reaction Score
Again, Brittany pretty unstoppable at the end...Breanna, you need to give Stef a hand in New Orleans...go girl!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck - good minutes out there - some freshman freakouts, but all in all I was happy to see her game tonight
Stefanie - took the worse thrown at her...and down as it were - what a warrior
Kaleena - simply the best.

I know we didn't win, but we didn't give up either, fighting all the way. Yes there were mistakes, but there was also some good ball, too. I am proud of this team!

Reaction Score
First all we didn't get blown out and secondly we aren't to tournament time yet. I still think if Stewie gets her confidence back and toughens up things can be very different in a few weeks.

Amen, brother...Geno got the freshman valuable experience and didn't sell the ranch for a meaningless win...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Exactly, that and a couple breaks as Geno says and can all happen. There are plenty of good things to take away from this game, too.

Reaction Score
KML= First Team All American, no question. She just went out and scored 26 with 15 plus rebounds and high FG%.

For this team to win a NC, Bria needs to emerge as the second go to scorer. If Bria could play AA level as she did last season in Waco, you have a duo of guards that are near impossible to stop (pick your poison).

Dolson had a solid game but looked worn down in the second half. Uconn needed a different defensive scheme for Griner. The double team lead to way too many open layups, especially for Pope. Pope killed us with 18 points off the bench.

The Freshman are just not ready. For some reason, Stewart looks like she is a chicken with her head cut off. She is not picking up the defense, or the offense. She looked pretty bad tonight. She had so much raw talent that needs to be used. If she can step up, this team can get that other scoring option they need. What happened to the girl who was the leading scorer through 10 games in her career, more than maya? Jefferson was solid, and Tuck may have emerged as the number one option off the bench. She was really impressive tonight.

Faris- played good defense, was somewhat gone on offense.

Essentially, uconn needs to have multiple scorers come to play every night. I know they had Tuck, Hartley, Dolson, and KML in double digits, but down the stretch, it was all on KML. Gutsy performance by her. I think she is ready to take over. She showed that she can easily score 20 plus a night.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They just gave up 50 points in the 2nd half. At home.

For whatever reason, Bria is a shell of herself. It's February. I hope that changes - and with Bria, there's always a chance she turns it around - but it's panic time now. Oh, and Stewart doesn't look like she's ready to produce in big games yet.

This team has the talent, but if you haven't put it together by mid-February, it probably won't happen. They look a year away.

You mean like the time we lost to Nova in the Big east Tourney? Oh yeah we won the NC that year. Do you realize we just lost to the number one team?

Reaction Score
You mean like the time we lost to Nova in the Big east Tourney? Oh yeah we won the NC that year. Do you realize we just lost to the number one team?
What does that have to do with anything?

I'm not saying they can't win the NC because they lost to the #1 team - I'm saying that can't win because they do all the fundamentals (turnovers, rebounding, poor shot selection, bad defense in crunch time, etc.) poorly. On top of that, two of their key players (Hartley and Stewart) have been abysmal in big games.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I'm not going to stop watching. But if it isn't coming together by mid-February, you're running out of time.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What does that have to do with anything?

I'm not saying they can't win the NC because they lost to the #1 team - I'm saying that can't win because they do all the fundamentals (turnovers, rebounding, poor shot selection, bad defense in crunch time, etc.) poorly. On top of that, two of their key players (Hartley and Stewart) have been abysmal in big games.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I'm not going to stop watching. But if it isn't coming together by mid-February, you're running out of time.

What does it have to with anything? If you watched how pathetic they looked against Nova in that BE Tourney game you would have thought they would never get to the sweet 16 , let alone win it all. The point is, a team CAN lose a game in March (Let alone Feb.) and still win it all. What actually bothers me more than the turnovers and lack or rebounding is the fact that in our 2 losses the other team has gotten to the free throw line a lot more than we have. That is concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom