Game thoughts - Oregon | The Boneyard

Game thoughts - Oregon

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. By 5 minutes in, I hated the announcers. We should never complain about Doris Burke again. These twits have even worse diarrhea of the mouth than her.
  2. Adams and Gilbert both had their way with the Ducks' defense driving it to the hoop. Once by the perimeter defender, they were rarely challenged by the bigs, and when they were, it was almost always a foul (not always called, of course.)
  3. Carlton's defensive rebound and hustle getting down the floor into scoring position was something we really need to see a lot more of.
  4. By far, Alterique's best game as a Husky. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning, it will be his 2nd best game as a Husky!
  5. I could be delusional, but to me, something about Gilbert's brace looked different. Seems to be much more one sided or something. Before, it looked like he was wearing shoulder pads. Last night, it looked like he was wearing one smaller shoulder pad, and just some wrapping on the other side.
  6. Mid 1st quarter, we let them get a few tips of their own shot (IE, the player who attempted the shot tipped his own rebound in.) That needs to be addressed going forward.
  7. The last game these refs did may have been in a CYO league somewhere.
  8. Shawn Farnham. WTF are you wearing? Looked like my wife trying to stay warm with a 4th or 5th sweater half way on. But she's a woman in her 70s, and not on television. She gets a pass. You don't.
  9. 17:53 2nd. Adams somehow gets his own miss and puts it back in, kinda reminiscent of Rip vs. Washington.
  10. Blocking foul on DO at 10:24 was a horrible call. He clearly established position outside the line.
  11. Vital throwing the ball off the Oregon player out of bounds was as heady a play as I've seen from one of our guys in a long time.
  12. We left way too many points at the FT line, and way, way too many of them were left by Gilbert and Adams. Comparisons to the Boat and Bazz backcourt have to stop until they start knocking in FTs like clockwork.
  13. One of the keys to the victory was our three point defense, which had heretofore been uhm... would we say porous? Nah. It's been non-existent. Until last night. In particular, Prichard was forced to attempt his threes from 3 to 4 feet farther away than normal, AND to rush them. Sure, we shot threes even worse than Oregon, but it's not a big part of our offense, while it's been their primary offensive strategy. Taking it away was huge. They came in averaging 95 points per game, and scored 63.
  14. I don't think it's possible to overstate the importance of Anderson in this win. He did a lot (including making his FTs). His steals were pivotal. But it seemed to me that his flush off the Vital feed was the backbreaking play.
  15. We shot 17% from 3 and only had 4 dimes, but managed to win based in large part, on turning them over 17 times, including 10 steals. We also held our own on the boards, with a slim margin in our favor at both ends.

Reaction Score
  1. By 5 minutes in, I hated the announcers. We should never complain about Doris Burke again. These twits have even worse diarrhea of the mouth than her.
  2. Adams and Gilbert both had their way with the Ducks' defense driving it to the hoop. Once by the perimeter defender, they were rarely challenged by the bigs, and when they were, it was almost always a foul (not always called, of course.)
  3. Carlton's defensive rebound and hustle getting down the floor into scoring position was something we really need to see a lot more of.
  4. By far, Alterique's best game as a Husky. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning, it will be his 2nd best game as a Husky!
  5. I could be delusional, but to me, something about Gilbert's brace looked different. Seems to be much more one sided or something. Before, it looked like he was wearing shoulder pads. Last night, it looked like he was wearing one smaller shoulder pad, and just some wrapping on the other side.
  6. Mid 1st quarter, we let them get a few tips of their own shot (IE, the player who attempted the shot tipped his own rebound in.) That needs to be addressed going forward.
  7. The last game these refs did may have been in a CYO league somewhere.
  8. Shawn Farnham. WTF are you wearing? Looked like my wife trying to stay warm with a 4th or 5th sweater half way on. But she's a woman in her 70s, and not on television. She gets a pass. You don't.
  9. 17:53 2nd. Adams somehow gets his own miss and puts it back in, kinda reminiscent of Rip vs. Washington.
  10. Blocking foul on DO at 10:24 was a horrible call. He clearly established position outside the line.
  11. Vital throwing the ball off the Oregon player out of bounds was as heady a play as I've seen from one of our guys in a long time.
  12. We left way too many points at the FT line, and way, way too many of them were left by Gilbert and Adams. Comparisons to the Boat and Bazz backcourt have to stop until they start knocking in FTs like clockwork.
  13. One of the keys to the victory was our three point defense, which had heretofore been uhm... would we say porous? Nah. It's been non-existent. Until last night. In particular, Prichard was forced to attempt his threes from 3 to 4 feet farther away than normal, AND to rush them. Sure, we shot threes even worse than Oregon, but it's not a big part of our offense, while it's been their primary offensive strategy. Taking it away was huge. They came in averaging 95 points per game, and scored 63.
  14. I don't think it's possible to overstate the importance of Anderson in this win. He did a lot (including making his FTs). His steals were pivotal. But it seemed to me that his flush off the Vital feed was the backbreaking play.
  15. We shot 17% from 3 and only had 4 dimes, but managed to win based in large part, on turning them over 17 times, including 10 steals. We also held our own on the boards, with a slim margin in our favor at both ends.

Good thread, per usual.

I feel more comfortable with AA at the line than anyone else.

Watching the game, I felt that AG was the most important player but after watching the highlights, Adams really was the guy with the most buckets at critical times.

Jalen and AG are going to make a lot of opponents livid by getting as close to a travel as possible without actually traveling on their respective jump stops and euro steps. Not sure I've ever seen someone with Jalen's exact style of splitting multiple defenders at a time with leaping, sideways jump stops.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever seen someone with Jalen's exact style of splitting multiple defenders at a time with leaping, sideways jump stops.

He covers more ground on the jump stop than anyone I've ever seen, augmented by his ability to shoot it just before his feet touch the ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom