Game thoughts - Columbia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thoughts - Columbia

Reaction Score
13001155.jpeg

Sheesh, check out the reach.
Crap, that's a long arm.

Reaction Score
A thrilling home win vs 1-4 Ivy league school..
Pretty clear where UCONN is heading, NEC, MAAC, etc...at least their we will get an Auto Bid to the big dance if we win the tourney

Reaction Score
Everyone should read this post.

Maybe, but worth noting that in its next game that team lost by 22 in the BET to a .500 St. Johns squad. Nothing about the 2010 team ranks high on the list of JC's coaching achievements.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This was great. My favorite was this from the comments:
bruw52
8 years ago

Bottom line these kids stink and does not even deserve a NIT bid. They could win the Big East Tourney as all the top teams are much overrated.
This is got to be the worst bunch of clowns that ever has played for Calhoun. You notice i didn't describe them as the "Team" they don't deserve such a distinction. They haven't been all year and they won't in any tourney they play in. Bench them all and don't even let them play in the Big East Tourney they didn't earn it and shouldn't be given the chance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Or the next Donny Marshall or Jeff Adrian.

Highlight of this game is that I think we did find that.

Reaction Score
Agonizing game to watch. That being said, if we want to sniff the tournament, you can't have a loss to Columbia on your resume. I'll gladly take the W and move on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Maybe, but worth noting that in its next game that team lost by 22 in the BET to a .500 St. Johns squad. Nothing about the 2010 team ranks high on the list of JC's coaching achievements.
That may be true but if that was the same year ( I think it was; others may remember) Calhoun said he would never let a recruiter (at that time Tom Moore) have that much control over recruit selection ever again. I guess what he was saying was athleticism wasn't the be all and end all. You can go back and look at the players and decide for yourself. (Outside of Kemba perhaps, who eventually really blossomed), he was saying they had attitude problems and weren't manageable. Not sure if it was the kids themselves or the way times have changed and how kids look at college hoop. I do remember people saying that JC's way was not the way to motivate kids anymore at that time. Perhaps some truth on both sides. Not trying to argue here, just reflecting on motivation and responsibility. So his rant may not have had the effect he desired but he was saying that it was on them.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Diarra is very raw, but the potential there is pretty exciting to think about. It's been a while since we've had a physically imposing playing in the paint who wasn't just a shot blocker.
I remember seeing those big hands going way above the others for rebounds! And holding on to the ball.

Reaction Score
And fouled out. Not trying to take anything away from him, but if he is our best big, which I guess he is by default, then we need him to not get a foul every 4 minutes on the floor.
In fairness to MD he was trying to emulate his predecessors

Reaction Score
After what Lukas Meisner just did to us I can't imagine what Gary Clark will do!

Yep, that's kind of my take. We should be able to dominate a team like Columbia on the glass. It's great Diarra had strong numbers, but consider the competition. Who knows, it's early. However, rebounding is something any post player can do. It's a lost art.

Reaction Score
Highlight of this game is that I think we did find that.
Jeff Adrien was amazing at avoiding fouls consider how tenacious he was on D. Diarra is a far cry from being good in that respect. A lot to like, though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien was amazing at avoiding fouls consider how tenacious he was on D. Diarra is a far cry from being good in that respect. A lot to like, though.

Also, I know people are talking about effort and motor, but Freshman JA was pretty damn good. Remember that 17pt performance vs George Mason. Yeah I went there. Hilty/Boone and crew were uninspiring.

Reaction Score

Adrian only had to play 10 minutes or so a game his first year. Frankly, we have no idea how he would have done if the team was actually relying on him.

Diarra looked very good last night, albeit against smaller competition. On the other hand, I'm sure there was a reason he fought for minutes the first five games. We'll have to see what comes next.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom