Game thoughts -- cheaper by the dozen. | The Boneyard

Game thoughts -- cheaper by the dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. 20 assists on 32 buckets. That's a ratio we haven't seen in a couple years. And our actual point guards only had 7 of that total. Purvis and Hamilton had 11 between them.
  2. 100% from the line. Only had 8 attempts, but 100% is still 100%.
  3. Purvis! Just an incredible growth in his game this year. He's gone from predictably attacking the rim with abandon to a high percentage shooter from deep with a penchant for using the drive to open someone else up and getting them the ball. His long ball form is totally different this year. No rushing, and a whole lot more arc on his shot. And he's quietly become our best perimeter defender.
  4. Jalen was the superior point guard today. I'm perfectly fine with he and Gibbs alternating big performances.
  5. Am I supposed to stop getting worried every time Sam gets in the game now? He's actually shot well the last couple games, and has even played some D.
  6. Was nice to see Omar stroke a couple today.
  7. One of the bigs on Furman -- I think it was Acox -- seems intent on setting the science of the hook shot back 50 years. He leans toward the hoop on it, and his straight-arm shooting motion seems to come from his shoulders instead of his wrist and fingers. Ugliest hook shot I've ever seen.
  8. Three games, three wins, and we looked like 3 totally different teams. Ollie's been doing a whole lot of experimenting -- carrying the preseason stuff through the cup-cakey part of the schedule. I guess we start to see what he's learned about his team soon!
  9. Enoch. We never did reach a consensus on what KO's reason for gluing him to the bench last game was. But it apparently had the effect he wanted to see. 4 boards and 2 for 2 from the field in 6 minutes today.
  10. Facey. Another quality effort. 3 of his 4 boards were on the offensive end, and he showed some athletic moves again with the ball in his hand. I've always liked this kid more than most of the yard seems to, so I'm feeling good about his performance so far.
  11. 5 Turnovers. That's a number I think we all can live with.
  12. DHam and Miller might be our best two players, but right now, Purvis is my favorite. His game is on, but mix in his enthusiasm and his love of everything about UConn basketball, and he just has an air of 'special' about him.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of decent playmakers. I've seen dham, purvis, gibbs and adams throw good lob passes to brimah and miller

Reaction Score
Regarding point 15. I have absolutely no idea who the best player on the team is. I like it.

Reaction Score
Regarding point 15. I have absolutely no idea who the best player on the team is. I like it.

Point 15? Well, I've heard 13 is a baker's dozen, but I think 15 is known as an NBA dozen.

Reaction Score
Yeah, right now Jalen is heading into honorable mention category. Damn I can't wait for the competition to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom