Game Replay: UConn vs. Tampa | The Boneyard

Game Replay: UConn vs. Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Awesome! Can't wait to watch this afternoon. Thanks @tcf15 !!!

Reaction Score
"I had a parakeet once."
So did Lloyd and Harry

screen%20shot%202013-09-30%20at%2011.52.14%20am.png

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lots to be optimistic about - with the most obvious being that we'll be a much better rebounding team this year.

Gonna take some time to get the defensive rotations right, though. Hopefully Miller quickly assumes the vocal leadership role on that end of the court and we can do a better job of protecting the paint.

Also... I wouldn't mind if Bacon transferred here! John Gwynn-esque.

Reaction Score
Watched the first half, I'll reserve judgment until they get matched up with real live D1 athletes but I was impressed with the ball movement, nobody was giving the rock a migraine with overdribbling.

Reaction Score
Gibbs was blatantly not trying to score. Made a deep 3 in rhythm which is all I needed to see from him. He was more worried about getting others involved.

Hamilton looked good in terms of offensive creation, but played pretty poorly on defense. As someone who isn't long/overly athletic, he's going to need to sharpen his defensive IQ.

Brimah still just doesn't have a nose for the ball. He is what he is. Still an impact defender and someone who occasionally finds a good touch on the ball for stretches.

Adams' shooting looks better than I expected, I hope that continues. If he can really shoot it well from deep, he's going to be very special. Loved the quick give and go pass to Brimah who was fouled on the shot.

I love Enoch's size. He's going to find minutes between Brimah's hand check foul trouble and Nolan/Facey not really earning a large role.

Miller was a sight for sore eyes. I don't see the NBA potential really unless he improves his dribble a great deal and keeps expanding his effective range, but he's a very fluid athlete for someone who is 6'7.5. A quick reminder that Cassell was our best player in exhibitions last year, so we shouldn't hype up on game too much. Still came away impressed and relieved that we have a player of his type.

Good showing from Omar. If his jumper wasn't so arm-heavy, his career would have looked a lot better. I expect him to be streaky once again this year, but hope I'm pleasantly surprised because nobody deserves success more.

Sam Cassell will need to hit his threes if he wants to see the court this year. This game wasn't enough of a look to make a judgment on that just yet. I just want to see him improve over time so he's a solid guard off the bench for 2016-17.

Purvis looked good in terms of movement both with an without the ball. His first 3PA and FTA weren't too pretty, but obviously this was a very small sample size. He looked very solid on defense too, but obviously this was D2 talent.

As a whole, I loved what I saw. Our ball movement on offense is going to be better by leaps and bounds, and I don't see many teams being able to score inside on us unless they have a dominant big man. This team has an insane amount of potential, lets see what they can do.

Reaction Score
Agree on most things but I still see a decent sized role for Facey who can still rebound.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Loved seeing Hamilton attacking the rim more in limited time. The pump fake he got two defenders to bite on from the corner and subsequent drive to the rim was smooth.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting TCF! Gotta love Joe D on the call. Thought it was funny when Joe's mic was out...then every once in awhile Wayne would finally get a word in edge-wise.

This is going to be a DEEP team. They'll have a ton of flexibility with the lineup. Excited about this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom