Game Replay: UConn vs. IUP [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Game Replay: UConn vs. IUP [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I watched a little bit of this exhibition.. it's amazing how much "smaller" this team seems to be without Tuck and Stewart, even with Butler, Collier and Samuelson being on roster still. I think Baylor is going to be a HUGE problem for this team, especially with the game being so early on. Geno is clearly still working with this team, but the Lady Bears will be in Storrs before you know it. UCONN's advantage is their speed.. this is a very fast team and they will need to lean on that A LOT this year.

On a positive note.. Yes, it was IUP but Williams looked great. In my opinion, Butler looks MUCH improved this year and I think she will contribute a lot. It will be interesting to see her go up against bigs on her level and beyond. I think Gabby is going to have a great year... would love to see her show off her range.

Reaction Score
I watched a little bit of this exhibition.. it's amazing how much "smaller" this team seems to be without Tuck and Stewart, even with Butler, Collier and Samuelson being on roster still. I think Baylor is going to be a HUGE problem for this team, especially with the game being so early on. Geno is clearly still working with this team, but the Lady Bears will be in Storrs before you know it. UCONN's advantage is their speed.. this is a very fast team and they will need to lean on that A LOT this year.

On a positive note.. Yes, it was IUP but Williams looked great. In my opinion, Butler looks MUCH improved this year and I think she will contribute a lot. It will be interesting to see her go up against bigs on her level and beyond. I think Gabby is going to have a great year... would love to see her show off her range.
One good thing about scheduling tough opponents early, is they too will still be shaking off the rust and have lots to work on while integrating new players. By late November/early December teams start to shake out a bit. We were spoiled last year because we essentially had a starting line up with three pros in it, so things looked easy from day 1 of the season.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

I watched the Baylor game yesterday and today. All I can say, I hope Kim dress in layers, and wear some comfortable shoes. To the fans sitting behind the Lady Bears, watch out for flying objects.

Reaction Score
I thought UCONN did very well for it's 1st game with new people playing important roles!
I love the team speed, even Butler & Irwin were quick down court! Butler has lost a lot of weight and looks and moves much better!
A little shaky on defensive rotation, but that will come with practice.
Eventually I think their quickness can make up for a lack of height on defense.
If UCONN can stay healthy they're going to be very good come March & April!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks to whoever this typically thoughtful By-er posted this. I'd hate to be greedy but if anyone has access to the Pace game PLEASE feel free to post. Here in NYC I can't see anywhere where a live video stream is available.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I watched the Baylor game yesterday and today. All I can say, I hope Kim dress in layers, and wear some comfortable shoes. To the fans sitting behind the Lady Bears, watch out for flying objects.
Indeed. Cox looks like their best player already. I've only watch this game once. Baylor is a big team with last years problems. They're slow afoot, their outside shooting is only fair, they can be beaten off the dribble, they're slow to cover the arc, and they're predictable and not particularly versatile on offense. And this team's bigs were huffing and puffing by the middle of the 3rd. Aside from fans watching for UFO's, her assistants had better be ready to physically defend themselves from assaults. Working refs should also be prepared to have flaps on their ears.

Reaction Score
One more thank you from a fan stranded in Minimal TV Land.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Say it with me everyone: KY-la Irwin. Not KAY-la. Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people can't be bothered to get the names of the players right.
Early days and a tricky name, but I agree with your sentiment. Always try to get all the players names right even on teams other than Uconn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Everyone will get to spelling Kyla right. Trust me. But the jumping all over people about spelling: Not a good thing IMO.

Reaction Score
Everyone will get to spelling Kyla right. Trust me. But the jumping all over people about spelling: Not a good thing IMO.
Still waiting for people to get Steph and KLM's name right. I'm sure it'll be any day now. My comment was more directed at the broadcast of the game where she was repeatedly called Kayla. I do not work for the Huskies, nor am I a broadcaster, nor am I related to Kyla. I get her name right. I expect those who do this sort of thing for money to be able to as well.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Say it with me everyone: KY-la Irwin. Not KAY-la. Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people can't be bothered to get the names of the players right.
Are you talking about Bob Joyce? I would expect him to know.

And I thought it was Ca-MAHR-a, not CAM-era. I could very well be wrong, so I don't want to come across as dredging up negatives.

Reaction Score
Crystal exhibits great court sense for a Freshman. She's going to be very, very good!!
Yeah she did some nice things out there. I'm not too concerned that she had two points in an exhibition game. She came in and one of the first things she does is a no look pass to Collier. She seems to have very good awareness as to where everyone is or is going to be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks to whoever this typically thoughtful By-er posted this. I'd hate to be greedy but if anyone has access to the Pace game PLEASE feel free to post. Here in NYC I can't see anywhere where a live video stream is available.

Mon Dieu!!! JordyG ... gotta move!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Indeed. Cox looks like their best player already. I've only watch this game once. Baylor is a big team with last years problems. They're slow afoot, their outside shooting is only fair, they can be beaten off the dribble, they're slow to cover the arc, and they're predictable and not particularly versatile on offense. And this team's bigs were huffing and puffing by the middle of the 3rd. Aside from fans watching for UFO's, her assistants had better be ready to physically defend themselves from assaults. Working refs should also be prepared to have flaps on their ears.

I have not seen any of it, but I respect your opinion. I do not understand elite team coaches who do not understand how to balance the talents on their team. I agree with Geno: It ain't brain surgery.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Mon Dieu!!! JordyG ... gotta move!
And leave the only city where in order to get to your destination you can take the subway for and hour or drive for 10 mins and look for a parking space for and hour and a half? Then of course come out and find your car towed to some undefined place, or stolen? You are officially on my "You ain't no good" list. Besides, I'd have to change my mail order bride address (yeah, I stole that one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom