Game Plan for Nova | The Boneyard

Game Plan for Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In addition to the wise in depth analysis of what needs to occur for a UCONN victory Saturday I feel a few more things are necessary.

1) Defend the man with the basketball. Don't touch him, but move your body in a way as to deny his movement towards the hoop.

2) Utilize the time out effectively when trapped. Nova will trap and when they do be prepared to yell timeout at least twice, if not three times.

3) At halftime, gently jog to the tunnel. No sense in running since that energy can be used in the second half.

By setting ball screens, penetration and kicking the ball out, proper time out usage, and moderate cardio activity when entering and exiting, I feel that UCONN had a recipe for success against the WildPunani.

Ef Dook! Cry Coach K, cry! Hugs for everyone.

Reaction Score
WestCoastHusky said:
We just need to score more points at end of the game :)

I think you might be on to something.

Reaction Score
Can we nominate some one as the john madden of college basketball?

"So what they are going to want to do is get the ball past the first down line"

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Close out with discipline against their shooters. Stop Archidiacono from penetrating. Double down on Pinkston but quickly recover to shooters. Take care of the basketball/ excel at transition defense. Box out, box out. Execute on offense, drive the ball, shoot and make open shots. Let's GOOOO!
But of course we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We just need to score more points at end of the game :)
No, we just need to have scored more points at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Dd will be huge ....
Run 2 man game .. Nova will switch and we can get mismatches all day

Reaction Score
Keep it simple (KISS) Survive and advance. Get the ball to open man and rebound. Execute Execute

Reaction Score
I can give two $hits what they do on offense. All I hope is when one of our guys shoots, how about at least 2 UCONN bigs are there to even contest a rebound for a change.

This game will be won on defense.
  1. STICK to their three point shooters around the arc. For Christ sakes please realise that when you assignment already made two three point shots. ....YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!
  2. Concentrate more on boxing out than jumping for the ball when rebounding.
  3. Bigs should have a wider stance when facing their defenders. Cut off the baseline drive.
  4. If you foul, go for the ball and foul hard. No And 1s
  5. When you get the ball TAKE CARE OF IT. No sloppy passes.
Now beat the crap out of those as!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Guard, hands in the face, don't block shots stay on the ground, rebound the ball like mad - all hands in and make shots………Get the first offensive set into Brimah for a jump hook and off and running!

They're going to have to play real good because I doubt Nova misses as many 3's as the other day……….resiliency!

Reaction Score
Brimah picks up 2 stupid fouls a game. Keep him out of foul trouble and I like our chances. Oh and since the game won't tip off til 10 no drinking before the game (our team not us. For us plenty of drinking before). Another big game for DD

Reaction Score
Honestly if we shoot threes at a better clip than Nova and hit more of them, as well as grab more rebounds, I think we win.

Reaction Score
Honestly if we shoot threes at a better clip than Nova and hit more of them, as well as grab more rebounds, I think we win.
Last year they won; their pg shot the lights out, and tyler olander played 35 minutes. Oh and RJ evans played 10+ minutes. Its all about competing, just need to play hard for 40 minutes. Daniels length should even out the girth of pinkston to a degree, we saw how he adjusted late to kanecevic, although pinkston is a more polished offensive force. daniels should also have his way on the other end , being able to shoot over their front line. If daniels gets 20+ we win.

Reaction Score
I have to add 2 very key elements in this game…….Niels and Kromah will be huge as they need to guard the perimeter……..

Also if we don't get back on transition D we could be in huge trouble………..

Just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer