Game on in Mount Snow area? | The Boneyard

Game on in Mount Snow area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This week my tailgate crew is attending a wedding on Saturday at Mount Snow. Does the cable system in the area carry SNY? I'm DVRing the game at home for a Sunday watch, but the wedding is in the evening, so there's time to watch it live if available.

Reaction Score
WOW....WOW....WOW....!

What couple had the nerve to schedule a Sat. wedding during football season?

Be careful with ESPN3 which looked to be blacked out in southern VT for the Terp game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is the game even on SNY? I thought it was ESPN3 only.

Reaction Score
ya i would bring a laptop and an hdmi cord with you to hook up to a television.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
This is a bad week for game watching. I am back in Atlanta for work and chose to stay the weekend to visit the friends/family where I grew up. I have a tee time at 11 on Saturday (Very thankful for the 2pm start time). Is it kosher to watch ESPN mobile on the golf course if there is some slow play?

Reaction Score
I have U-Verse and noticed that they no longer carry ESPN3? Don't know how I'm gonna watch this game. Any suggestions would be welcome.

It's gotta a lot better over the years.....but every game, every one....should be televised here in the state.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This blows. I put this one on SNY. They could purchase the game I'm sure... Unless ESPN is being heavy handed about only picking up one conference game, or just pushing ESPN3.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
My friends and I go up to Mount Snow at least once each year and sometimes twice. Unless the game (usually bball season when we are up there) is on ESPN or ESPN2 it is basically impossible to watch. The house we stay at does not have internet and the cell reception is not good enough to watch on a phone. There used to be a sports bar up there that had satallite but that closed a couple years ago. If there is another one we have not found it.

The cable system up there is basically owned by the town - West Dover Cable System. It is not very good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have U-Verse and noticed that they no longer carry ESPN3? Don't know how I'm gonna watch this game. Any suggestions would be welcome.

It's gotta a lot better over the years.....but every game, every one....should be televised here in the state.

Time Warner put the NCSU ESPN3 feed on cable this week. There is no reason Comcast can't do the same thing here this week.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
My friends and I go up to Mount Snow at least once each year and sometimes twice. Unless the game (usually bball season when we are up there) is on ESPN or ESPN2 it is basically impossible to watch. The house we stay at does not have internet and the cell reception is not good enough to watch on a phone. There used to be a sports bar up there that had satallite but that closed a couple years ago. If there is another one we have not found it.

The cable system up there is basically owned by the town - West Dover Cable System. It is not very good.

was up there last winter for mardi gras(great time but anyway). the buddys house has not internet and the game(forget which game exactly) was not on espn. we brought a laptop to the mountain. after jitting the snow for a bit we came in and went to the bar right in the main building(forget name) and had a few with the mardi gras party and we sat at a table with the laptop and had the game on. the lodge had wifi free so we connected to that and it worked out well. think we used firstrowsports. that would be the way to go i think. the bar in there closed at like 4 and then ppl went out to silo and snowbarn or w/e up there, all fun places. but the game was still going and they let us stay a extra hour almost having a few more and watching the game. worked out real well. i would recomend doing something like this, at least give it a try.

Reaction Score
was up there last winter for mardi gras(great time but anyway). the buddys house has not internet and the game(forget which game exactly) was not on espn. we brought a laptop to the mountain. after jitting the snow for a bit we came in and went to the bar right in the main building(forget name) and had a few with the mardi gras party and we sat at a table with the laptop and had the game on. the lodge had wifi free so we connected to that and it worked out well. think we used firstrowsports. that would be the way to go i think. the bar in there closed at like 4 and then ppl went out to silo and snowbarn or w/e up there, all fun places. but the game was still going and they let us stay a extra hour almost having a few more and watching the game. worked out real well. i would recomend doing something like this, at least give it a try.

Not sure if TC's has wifi ... but while you're there you can check out Kelly Clark's snowboarding gold medals in the entryway on the way to the bar.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not sure if TC's has wifi ... but while you're there you can check out Kelly Clark's snowboarding gold medals in the entryway on the way to the bar.

nah i didn't. next time i will! is tc's the name of the bar? sounds right as i forgot. it wasn't the bars wifi it was mount snows and it worked which was a day saver!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Thanks Dan - I will have to give that a try this year.

Reaction Score
nah i didn't. next time i will! is tc's the name of the bar? sounds right as i forgot. it wasn't the bars wifi it was mount snows and it worked which was a day saver!

TC's is a small restaurant/bar just south of MT Snow on the main drag on the right side of the road. It has an old ski lift chair outside the building. It is owned and operated by Kelly's family. Last time I was there about 2 years ago in the summertime she was out weeding the flower beds around the parking lot. But just like anything up there ... the local crowd can be pretty interesting ... I was offered hash brownies there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom