Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
Another thought:
Cersei was only being true to her own persona with her "Queen of Hearts" butchering of Missandei. At least she gave condemned Miss M. the opportunity to say her piece before sentence was carried out.
But Missandi: The reason that Dany loved her so much was because of M. being the voice of reason & her speaking for the masses. As a "freed slave" she gave Dany great counsel. So I was semi-surprised that, knowing the inevitability of her situation, she voiced the code word meaning "Burn them all to HELL!" Goes totally against her character.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief, but that dragon scene was bad. The first 25 minutes was cringe worthy as well. At this point, I think Cersei winning is the only acceptable ending.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief, but that dragon scene was bad. The first 25 minutes was cringe worthy as well. At this point, I think Cersei winning is the only acceptable ending.

She just has better tech/ weapons at her disposal. Giant cross bows on ships and the walls, etc. She probably rigged several areas on the battle field with that green explosive.
She’ll win on the battlefield but will be done in by an assassin, Qyburn or Greyjoy

Reaction Score
This episode takes suspending one's disbelief to a new plane.
Dany not seeing Euron's fleet from above, not circling behind & lighting said fleet up like so many match sticks, Arya turning down the proposal after years of going doe-eyed over Gendry.
There was some predictability: Varys showing his true colors-his allegiance has always been as predictable as the wind blowing. He is, however, correct about the secret of Jon's true identity not staying secret for long.
The key message of last night's episode was Dany's realization that Jon is the charismatic leader that the general public will rally around. She now has deep trust issues with the Starks & other leaders of her alliance. The question to be answered in the last 2 episodes is will she be able to mend fences to keep said alliance intact, or will she travel down the road of her Mad King Father to her eventual undoing.
Regarding Dany, if she drives dragons like my wife drives a car I could totally see her not noticing anything up ahead

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You think that's a sign of stupidity. More likely she's playing the game (and that she'll ultimately come out in pretty good shape).

more likely she broke a promise to her brother and will get yet another family member killed.

Arya didnt break her promises.

Only fat mouth spoiled Sansa

Reaction Score
more likely she broke a promise to her brother and will get yet another family member killed.

You know they're not working together? You know that Sansa didn't send Arya to kill Cersei and put the North in charge of the whole Kingdom? You give little credence to Arya telling Jon that Sansa is the smartest person she knows?

We'll see what happens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It was still the right move. Jon is blinded at the moment. He's not thinking clearly. Tyrion needed to know. He can't even advise Dany properly otherwise. And he felt Varys needed to know. The "queen" is acting like an entitled child being denied an ice cream cone she was promised. The best interest of Westeros is not what she thinks is the best interest of Westeros now that the Night King is dead. Sansa sees it.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine what the actors felt when they read through this season's scripts.

I am pretty sure I read that the actors want to be done with GOT

August_West

Reaction Score
It was still the right move. Jon is blinded at the moment. He's not thinking clearly. Tyrion needed to know. He can't even advise Dany properly otherwise. And he felt Varys needed to know. The "queen" is acting like an entitled child being denied an ice cream cone she was promised. The best interest of Westeros is not what she thinks is the best interest of Westeros now that the Night King is dead. Sansa sees it.

So she is just an oath breaking, family traitor liar and thats cool as long as Dany isnt queen thats what we are saying here?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So she is just an oath breaking, family traitor liar and thats cool as long as Dany isnt queen thats what we are saying here?

She's doing what's best for her people and the people of Westeros. She's acting like a leader, and not a child. Which is the opposite of what she did before.

Reaction Score

I can't wait to change my avatar to a pic of Sansa sitting on the Iron Throne.

Reaction Score

I saw several interviews with various leads (Maisie Williams, peter Dinklage, etc.) One of them said that the first thing that they did when they received the scripts was to turn to the last scene to see who was still standing.

August_West

Reaction Score
I can't wait to change my avatar to a pic of Sansa sitting on the Iron Throne.

That will probably happen because this show has turned into a hot mess disaster. This is quite frankly the worst season of TV Ive ever had to endure and I watched the 2 episodes of Viva Laughlin before it was cancelled

Reaction Score

Yeah, until their main source of income is comic con appearances and $75 spots on cameo.com. Cause that’s where 90% of the cast is headed. Most of these actors should wish this show would never end.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I have enjoyed a far greater portion of this series than any other drama. I can forgive a lot of the mistakes as they rush to an ending. But more than ever I am hoping that a wild card gets to sit on what is left of the throne.

Totally rooting for Gendry.

Btw- I read that he was referred to as Gendry Rivers. But Rivers is a bastard name for someone from the riverlands. He should have been called Gendry Waters as someone from Fleabottom. Details.

Reaction Score
Yeah, until their main source of income is comic con appearances and $75 spots on cameo.com. Cause that’s where 90% of the cast is headed. Most of these actors should wish this show would never end.

Ok

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

:rolleyes: The older people are all respected and accomplished actors. Maise may struggle to find roles that fit. Kit will do just fine. Sophie will be quite successful.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I expect Greyworm to go full Bruce Lee next episode

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: The older people are all respected and accomplished actors. Maise may struggle to find roles that fit. Kit will do just fine. Sophie will be quite successful.

My post was a bit over the top. I do think game of thrones is likely to be the pinnacle of most of these actors careers. The show has been on since 2011, and it hasn’t really led to a lot of success outside of the show for people like Kit, Sophie, Clarke. They’ll get work but not sure they’ll turn this into an A list career.

Reaction Score
I expect Greyworm to go full Bruce Lee next episode
He’ll probably try to, get somewhat far and then get cut down by the Mountain. Probably letting his emotions finally getting the best of him. I’m sure they’ll try and reduce Dany to as much of a Mad Queen against the world situation as possible until John has to intervene whereupon she will then kill him. This after Jaime has dispatched with Cersei and thrown himself off the Red Keep. From there I’m not sure what might happen. I could be down for a completely unhinged, Mad Queen situation. Just as long as it’s not upstaged by an 11th hour Sansa throne grab.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom