Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 4

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It came out that Lysa (per Littlefinger's doing) is the one who poisoned her own husband when he was Hand to King Robert. Then she wrote a letter to Cat to blame it on the Lannisters. While I am jealous of your herb/girl Sunday night combo platter, you should probably go back and rewatch that scene!
Oh I am tonight! Mainly for that scene actually. I love the Arya/Hound scenes as well. Also, Hodor breaking necks.

edit it was more like a three course meal: first something to get me ready for the main course, which was Game, then her for desert. But I have to say, between Lysa literally howling with Baelish inside, her confrontation with Sansa, and Jon's raid, this definitely wasn't an episode to put a girl in the mood

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh I am tonight! Mainly for that scene actually. I love the Arya/Hound scenes as well. Also, Hodor breaking necks.

edit it was more like a three course meal: first something to get me ready for the main course, which was Game, then her for desert. But I have to say, between Lysa literally howling with Baelish inside, her confrontation with Sansa, and Jon's raid, this definitely wasn't an episode to put a girl in the mood

I'm missing your point somehow. It is important to you whether your girl was in the mood?

Reaction Score
You should read The Expanse series. It's written by two GRRM protégés. They publish a book a year and novella in between. It's the best space sci fi/opera done in years. I am purposefully a book behind so that I can read 3 and 4 together.
I agree. It's a fun series.

Reaction Score
Loved the episode, as always. I like that they are making minor changes from the books, but I thought the Locke storyline was kind of weak. What exactly was Locke's plan? He should have killed all the kids and Hodor as soon as he had the chance. Instead he grabs Bran and leaves the rest alive. What was he going to do? Race 60 miles back to the wall with Bran with Jon in hot pursuit?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I'm missing your point somehow. It is important to you whether your girl was in the mood?
hahahaha well, she is very..... I'll say "small," at least for me, so yes, some warm-up is necessary!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I watched a replay of Oathkeeper last night. The scene with Margaery and Tommen is rising in the ranks of more disturbing scenes in the entire series. I am surprised that the Producers seemed to have drawn the line at having Tommen engage in self-abuse after Margaery visited his bedchamber. It is particularly surprising since if someone as hot as Margaery entered the bedroom of any 14 year old boy and flirted with him like that, self abuse would be a near certainty afterward.

Reaction Score
I watched a replay of Oathkeeper last night. The scene with Margaery and Tommen is rising in the ranks of more disturbing scenes in the entire series. I am surprised that the Producers seemed to have drawn the line at having Tommen engage in self-abuse after Margaery visited his bedchamber. It is particularly surprising since if someone as hot as Margaery entered the bedroom of any 14 year old boy and flirted with him like that, self abuse would be a near certainty afterward.

Do we know how old Margaery is supposed to be in the books? When I read the first book, I was a little taken that Khaleesi was only like 14 when she married Khal Drogo. There were some pretty graphic scenes there considering she was that young in the book.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Deepster said:
Do we know how old Margaery is supposed to be in the books? When I read the first book, I was a little taken that Khaleesi was only like 14 when she married Khal Drogo. There were some pretty graphic scenes there considering she was that young in the book.

The book kids are much younger. Robb stark is only 16-17. Tommen is 8-10. Margaery is older than Joffrey who I think was 14.

Reaction Score

Afterwards? Why wouldn't you assume he was done before she left?

Reaction Score
Do we know how old Margaery is supposed to be in the books?

I think she is supposed to be 16. For whatever it is worth, I also think she is a virgin in the books. I am pretty sure the television series has diverted from that aspect of the books as an excuse to get her naked, though that is an open question and subject to dispute.

Reaction Score
I think she is supposed to be 16. For whatever it is worth, I also think she is a virgin in the books. I am pretty sure the television series has diverted from that aspect of the books as an excuse to get her naked, though that is an open question and subject to dispute.

Virgin! She drinks moon tea like water in the books.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Other than Sansa, I think every major female character in the book above the age of 14 gets her freak on.

Reaction Score
Virgin! She drinks moon tea like water in the books.

She procures moon tea like water in the books, according to Cersei Lannister's favorite Maester. We never actually see her personally drinking the moon tea or hear from others who have seen her take a single sip. I tend to believe that she's procured it, nowithstanding the source of the testimony, but I don't think she's been drinking it. I won't go into my reasons why (this isn't a spoiler thread after all).

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
heh..

UYtuS2l.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You should read The Expanse series. It's written by two GRRM protégés. They publish a book a year and novella in between. It's the best space sci fi/opera done in years. I am purposefully a book behind so that I can read 3 and 4 together.
Hm, I'll have to check that out. Have you read Vernor Vinge? I haven't read much sci fi / fantasy of any genre since college, but Vinge's Fire Upon the Deep & A Deepness in the Sky were excellent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Jaime fighting for Tyrion in the trial by combat?

I would call that a spoiler if answered. But, it appears the TV has diverged from the books on a the manner and reasons the various characters interact. Timing and motives has also been altered, but the major events still appear to be on course.

It is interesting and a bit frustrating at the same time, but I think non-readers will be happy and surprised at this seasons payoffs.

Reaction Score
Had relatives visiting from out of state last night over to watch GoT. There was a collective NOOOOO! shouted out as last night's episode ended & rolled the credits. Everyone wanted the episode to continue. Next week's edition is eagerly anticipated. (which, of course, is what the production staff intended).

Reaction Score
Hm, I'll have to check that out. Have you read Vernor Vinge? I haven't read much sci fi / fantasy of any genre since college, but Vinge's Fire Upon the Deep & A Deepness in the Sky were excellent.

I will check it out.

Reaction Score
Had relatives visiting from out of state last night over to watch GoT. There was a collective NOOOOO! shouted out as last night's episode ended & rolled the credits. Everyone wanted the episode to continue. Next week's edition is eagerly anticipated. (which, of course, is what the production staff intended).

Yup, the show is finally hitting it's stride this season.

Reaction Score
coachcapway post: 963671 said:

I feel the same way each week.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Thoughts on last night:

Yara Greyjoy has to feel like a schmuck. She took her best crew from the Iron Islands to the Dreadfort for that mess? If you have ever seen the maps of Westeros in the books, or just watch the distance relationships in the opening credits, you will see that the Iron Islands are really far away from the Dreadfort. And in the process, she also told off her dad, who is looking pretty smart right now.

Good one on one between Danearys and Hizdahr zo Loraq. It is much easier to follow the Dany plotline in the show than it is in the books. Cool scene with the dragon's lunch. They are becoming a problem for her.

Shae was an atom bomb at the end of the show. Shocking that Tyrion's long-term relationship with a prostitute ended badly. He should have listened to his sister and father and stayed away from the pros. That said, there is no turning back for any of the Lannisters. Tyrion saw to that.

Mace is much more of a tool in the show than he was in the books. The Queen of Thorns would never have left the jackass portrayed in the show alone in King's Landing with Tywin and Cersei.

I was hoping that Oberyn would have been more of a wiseass in the trial. His arrogance about being smarter than everyone is core to his character, and his biggest weakness.

Davos is a great character, and the storyline with Stannis is really well done. As with the books, you wonder at times what Davos is doing with someone that is as big a jerk as Stannis, but then you get glimpses of their complicated relationship.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yup, the show is finally hitting it's stride this season.

I don't think the show ever missed its stride, but I will agree that this season seems to be the strongest so far.

I think it is time for Charles Dance and Maisie Williams to both get Emmys. They were amazing in Season 2 when they had a 3 episode arc together, and they have both gotten stronger since. Peter Dinklage is putting up a very strong performance this season too, but he already has a Golden Globe. I don't get why Emilia Clarke got an Emmy nomination last season, and she certainly doesn't deserve another. She isn't one of the 5 strongest actresses in her own show, much less all of television.

The Tywin character is much more vulnerable this season, and you feel the desperation as he tries to hold his fraying victory coalition together. The balance between being credible as the most powerful man on the continent while also showing vulnerability is not easy to pull off as an actor. Every plotline with Maisie Williams is the most interesting plotline in the show. The actress does a great job of dropping figurative breadcrumbs about the direction that Arya is heading.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom