Game Highlights: UConn vs. Kentucky | The Boneyard

Game Highlights: UConn vs. Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just want to give you a sincere thank you for all these videos and images you've created this year. I watched every game, but I'd always look forward to your game recap videos.

This board wouldn't be nearly as good as it is if you weren't around.

Reaction Score
wish you included Giffeys 2nd 3 pointer which was huge! Great vid nonetheless. thanks

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Watch James Young on our last possession, where he leaves Kromah all alone under the basket for some flailing-arms double-team on Napier. Of course Napier finds Kromah, he gets fouled, he hits them, we win.
We'll just assume Young was freelancing there, I guess. In a big spot, it's one of the worst low-basketball-IQ moves you'll ever see.
Lottery pick!

Reaction Score
Thanks. Guess I picked a good year to start doing this huh? Lol.

You make the experience of perusing this board fun and informative. "Good year to start..." lol GREAT year! :)

Reaction Score
Watch James Young on our last possession, where he leaves Kromah all alone under the basket for some flailing-arms double-team on Napier. Of course Napier finds Kromah, he gets fouled, he hits them, we win.
We'll just assume Young was freelancing there, I guess. In a big spot, it's one of the worst low-basketball-IQ moves you'll ever see.
Lottery pick!
Its well known Young is terrible defensively. Not sure if he can ever shore that up, but he has very nice athleticism and shooting. best prospect on the team IMO. Harrison twins are just some tall dudes who claim they are pg's but in actuality they are 2guards who cant shoot.

Reaction Score
TCF love your videos man. I'm pretty sure you keep the videos private and viewable only for people who have the link. Can you make a YouTube playlist of all the game highlights either throughout the tournament or throughout the year? Just so they're all in one place and I don't have to search the Boneyard for each video. I have a feeling I'll want to take a walk down memory lane during the DOG days of summer.

Reaction Score
Also just want to say thanks @tcf15 for the videos. They cut off the game here as Boatright was dribbling out the clock and I didn't get to see any of the post game celebration. Really appreciated the highlights all year. I hope you have a job at the UConn marketing department, if not they should hire you.

Reaction Score
If you want to skip the pre game and introductions, the actual game highlights start around the 10 minute mark:

Thank you for that, and for all your work over the year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Its well known Young is terrible defensively. Not sure if he can ever shore that up, but he has very nice athleticism and shooting. best prospect on the team IMO. Harrison twins are just some tall dudes who claim they are pg's but in actuality they are 2guards who cant shoot.
It just seems like there's a difference between "bad on defense" which I knew he was and "what in god's name is he doing" like he did there. Only so much of that an NBA team would put up with, I'd think

Reaction Score
I didn't notice how Kromah obliterated Poythress' s groin area on that pump fake while watching the game live, lol, I'm surprised dude was able to stand after that.

Reaction Score
TCF, what happened to your Florida, MSU, and Iowa State highlight videos? It says you only have 2 videos. Are they private?

Reaction Score
Thanks, everyone. I just wanted to start keeping the games this year and figured it would be best to put them on Youtube for everyone, especially the Boneyard, to enjoy. I've updated the video above to include Giffey's 2nd three. Don't know how I missed that before.

Reaction Score
It just seems like there's a difference between "bad on defense" which I knew he was and "what in god's name is he doing" like he did there. Only so much of that an NBA team would put up with, I'd think

That was just an awful play by Young, but you wonder what Cal told them during the last timeout. It sure looked like he told them to trap, but that wasnt exactly a good place to trap. Between letting the clock run from 1:09 to :25 seconds and that blown trap, there was some really poor end game coaching right there. And the Lakers want this guy?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That was just an awful play by Young, but you wonder what Cal told them during the last timeout. It sure looked like he told them to trap, but that wasnt exactly a good place to trap. Between letting the clock run from 1:09 to :25 seconds and that blown trap, there was some really poor end game coaching right there. And the Lakers want this guy?
how about that foul too? when they fouled around a minute to bring it up to 6 fouls but reset the shot clock from 20 seconds or so back up to 35... he did that when we played them in the final four in 11 i believe... it seems like he gets these kids who are good to cover the fact that either he doesnt care or is just bad at coaching

Last edited:

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
If you want to skip the pre game and introductions, the actual game highlights start around the 10 minute mark:

OK, if we're requesting three pointers to be included, I have to ask for the Shabazz 3 from right in front of the Final Four logo. Pretty sure it was in the latter part of the first half and was in the middle of the Kentucky run.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks. Guess I picked a good year to start doing this huh? Lol.

Between the videos, Senhor photoshops, and the gifs, you are my off-court hero. Thank you thank you thank you.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I hope senhor is in any more videos you make... he was an extremely important part of this team

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
To me, my favorite part of the game was from 13:30 to 13:10 or so of game time. Kromah's throwing it in and Bazz streaks into the paint, and Kromah hits him in stride of the layin, KY (the state named after a jelly) misses, we get the board, start the break, and Boat does that total misdirection, like he's pulling it back out, then reverses and puts in an uncontested reverse layup with KY players flat footed within 10 feet of him. I could watch that sequence for an hour straight.

Reaction Score
TCF, what happened to your Florida, MSU, and Iowa State highlight videos? It says you only have 2 videos. Are they private?

I was wondering this too. When I go to your page, it only has 2 videos (and the NC game isn't even one of them). I wanted to go back and DL all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom