Game Day!!! | The Boneyard

Game Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It's 4:40am CT. Apparently, sleep is over for me this game day. Adrenaline and anticipation are already too strong. Guess I'll check out of my roadside motel, restock the cooler with fresh ice, grab a couple of breakfast burritos and a large cup of java from the nearby truck stop McD's, and drive the remaining 50 miles to Faurot Field. Lots open at 7am so I'll be parked and ready to tailgate pretty darn early! Game on!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
It's 4:40am CT. Apparently, sleep is over for me this game day. Adrenaline and anticipation are already too strong. Guess I'll check out of my roadside motel, restock the cooler with fresh ice, grab a couple of breakfast burritos and a large cup of java from the nearby truck stop McD's, and drive the remaining 50 miles to Faurot Field. Lots open at 7am so I'll be parked and ready to tailgate pretty darn early! Game on!
Hoping you have a Great day.

Reaction Score
cttxus said:

I'm with you. Although not 4:40, I'm pumped. Also taking this time to start smoking a nice brisket on the grill. I've got to have a nice feast after one of the biggest wins in program history.

Reaction Score
So the alarm goes off at 6 A.M. I crank up the coffeemaker, & as I take the dogs outside for a walk I'm greeted with pea soup thick fog. All that I can think is that there's a squall on the horizon. Storm's a brewin' in Columbia, Mizzou. All hands on deck-The Huskies are coming!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
So the alarm goes off at 6 A.M. I crank up the coffeemaker, & as I take the dogs outside for a walk I'm greeted with pea soup thick fog. All that I can think is that there's a squall on the horizon. Storm's a brewin' in Columbia, Mizzou. All hands on deck-The Huskies are coming!
Out flippin standing

Reaction Score
Mizzou game day! It's about 60 degrees, cloudy but no rain in the forecast. Watching Mizzou game day show on the SEC Network, taped in the Tiger Cage in their football complex. Rehashing their win over Arkansas State. UConn game preview should be on soon.

Off to breakfast, then at the stadium by 8:45 or so. Hope to see the Husky Walk here, let the team know we have their back. We'll check in with CTTXUS and hopefully more UConn fans (still haven't seen a single UConn tee shirt).

I like those storm clouds brewin'...we'll whip up the storm here!

Will send as many pix as the stadium Internet allows.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Very jealous of you all! Cheer loud and proud!

Hope they talk about us a bit on College Gameday today because we're playing a SEC school. Usually, if you aren't in the B1G, SEC, and sometimes Big12/Pac12, you get nothing on Gameday. Don't usually watch it anymore but will try and catch some of it this morning

Reaction Score
Very jealous of you all! Cheer loud and proud!

Hope they talk about us a bit on College Gameday today because we're playing a SEC school. Usually, if you aren't in the B1G, SEC, and sometimes Big12/Pac12, you get nothing on Gameday. Don't usually watch it anymore but will try and catch some of it this morning

I'm jealous too. I'm going to watch football, but it'll be my old high school team (and they are laughably bad), so I'm hoping for a better turnout by our huskies!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
CTTX - I may swing through to see where you all are at.. have a few stops already on the schedule.

Lets go Huskies!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

cttxus

Reaction Score
Parked and ready to tailgate. Can't miss me in A Lot. Is this a good parking spot or what?! Come on down! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

getPart

Reaction Score
Wish I could be with the husky pack in Columbia but I'm representing here in Disney. Last time I got stuck at Disney for a big uconn game we kicked our way into the fiesta bowl!!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
they just did a very quick preview of all SEC games on Gameday. Said they will be getting ready for the UConn/Mizzou game coming up. Not sure what that means, but whatever.

Reaction Score

You are the designated super-fan for today! Represent and have a great time!

cttxus

Reaction Score
So, I'm standing behind my car and the Mizzou cheerleaders are walking by and one of them is looking at me asking if I want a donut. I said, do I look like I need a donut? I guess I still have some charm cause they laughed, stepped out of formation and let me take a picture. Making some friends with long time Mizzou ticket holders nearby, too, and got invited to their tailgates. More pictures of that coming.

getPart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32