Game Day! | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
Paige's homecoming and some simple reflections. National Player of the Year as a freshman, first ever, a traumatic in season injury as a sophomore, then heroically returning and leading her team to the Finals, including an epic performance in the Elite 8 against N.C. State. Next, an entire year without being able to play a single game due to another serious injury. She has had so very much to overcome but she has grown and matured and learned because of it and every time she plays we see once again why she is such a special player and person and why we are so fortunate to have her in Storrs. We hope she enjoys her day and receives the well deserved adulation of her friends, family, and the thousands of Minnesotans who will be there.

As for the team, we just want the same formula as against Maryland- Paige taking command and ownership of her team, knowing that is the path to the Promised Land, with her starting us up offensively, and with the team joining in and playing March type defense and, of course, with our freshmen bringing joy and unbridled energy when they are called upon to join the fray.

Reaction Score
It guts me having UConn being about an hour away from me playing and I can't be there in person. Everyone going, have a great time (just like i wish for everyone going to every one of their games). It's going to be a very special day for Paige her family and friends. Not to mention a treat for us Minnesotans that watched her play in high school. Starting early U-C-O-N-N UConn UConn UConn. I'm sporting my Muhl shirt today. Safe travels to and from the game.

Reaction Score
So do we know if Azzi or Patterson are available?

Reaction Score
We’re seeing the emergence of strong and tough Paige this season, edgy Paige, and even Paige the enforcer. Against MD she was a stronger tougher version of the Paige who single-handedly defeated ND two seasons ago. I wonder what new side of herself she’ll show us today.

Reaction Score
1000006653.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So do we know if Azzi or Patterson are available?

I would expect neither. There's little to no info on Azzi. Ayanna is close, but my guess is next month.

Reaction Score
Beemer, had them both done along with both knees. You’re gonna love it.

Reaction Score

I posted before that when the HEALTHY Paige comes back, we will see the Paige we have been missing the last 2 years.. AND boy has she come back with a vengeance. The Paige on the floor now is what we always thought would be the Paige of her Freshman year. Paige will not need the WNBA, as she has NIL money. I pray with all my heart that she will stay and guide Uconn and the Newbies for 2 more years or I would settle for 1 more year.Paige has the opportunity to cement her name in Uconn history to the likes of Breanna, Maya,Sue, Diana,Rebecca and a few more. You get what I mean. GO PAIGE!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!! Let's see the real Huskies tonight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom