Game Day! Against Providence at Noon at Mohegan Sun on FS1. The Second Season Begins. Will We See anything Different? | The Boneyard

Game Day! Against Providence at Noon at Mohegan Sun on FS1. The Second Season Begins. Will We See anything Different?

Reaction Score
I don't think we will because our options are so limited. I think there will be a tightening of the defense however and maybe an effort to eliminate some repeated mistakes. We all want Nika to have a good "dime" day and for Paige to get involved offensively early. We will not be able to avoid physicality in this tourney so let's get out early and establish a big lead. Do you think there will be anything new?

Reaction Score
Let’s keep Ayleah out of foul trouble.
The Friars can’t match up with UCONN’s talent, they have to slow down the game and try to beat them up as much as possible
Look for a real goon game
We know Geno’s style: don’t use his admittedly meager bench, but subbing a bit more might be a good idea.

Reaction Score
The time for different has come and gone. Now is the time to be the best team you prepared to be and make someone come out and beat you. So many teams have already lost in conference tournaments to teams they have no business losing to and I would bet my last dollar that UConn takes care of every team easily this weekend.

Reaction Score
We should be okay as long as we don't come out playing slow and don't get caught up in the physical play of Providence.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have a feeling from here on out we will play conservative and aggressive. By that I mean I believe Geno knows he has to lean on Paige and Aaliyah to do much of the scoring. We will run when we can but against teams with 4-5 scorers Paige and Aaliyah cant score 80 pts alone so therefore those games I feel Geno may try to keep the score in the 50-60 range.

We have known for quite sometime that teams have caught on to KK Shade and Ice. They now know they need to guard them and what they like to do. They are not scoring like they did earlier in the season. Therefore in an effort to win big games I believe we will slow it down. Looking at some of Fridays Conference games thats exactly what many other teams did.

One more point. We have had the injury bug for appox 3 years. If we didnt you wouldnt be hearing so much about some other teams. With UConn injured for the past 3 years it has given more exposure to other teams. Those teams are really good and thats where UConn would be but once again we wait for next season. A healthy UConn team next season playing close to 100% will be a very tuff team to beat. Bringing back a healthy Paige Azzi Caroline and Jana all performing at their potential will be very tuff to handle.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Geno, Amari not cleared to play as of yet.

Reaction Score
At Mohegan, the lines are beyond explanation! Lines for tickets, lines to get in, only one entrance open, uggghhhh

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn gets lucky and have some competent refs who actually know what a foul is. In both Providence games the refs didn't do a good job when it came to calling fouls. They allowed Providence to push, shove and even toss someone to the floor without getting whistled.

Reaction Score
At Mohegan, the lines are beyond explanation! Lines for tickets, lines to get in, only one entrance open, uggghhhh
Unbelievable with the lines today! Have never seen Mohegan like that before. Can’t understand why the other entrance was not open (short staffed?).
Also went to Mohegan to get tickets at the box office Wednesday and guess what? The box office is closed Monday-Wednesday! Opens at noon on Thursday! Beyond crazy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom