Game 7 Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray's shot single-handedly swung LeBron and Tony Parker's legacies. Parker had an epic close to Game 6 that would have been legendary (especially when paired with his miracle shot in Game 1), while LeBron had just had two crucial turnovers that would have been an albatross around his neck (especially when paired with the Mavs series and the 75 cents joke about not getting four quarters from him).

Game 7, LeBron was epic, and Parker wilted.

It's never just the superstar.. guys like Paxson, Kerr, Horry, Mario Elie, and Ray Allen (even though he's a better player than any of those other guys) inevitably make plays that swing championship series

Reaction Score
Whan an series. Best of my lifetime. I truly hope we never have to hear "LeBron's not clutch!" ever again. I don't think there was ever a doubt among reasonable men that LBJ was the best player in the world, but I didn't realize how large that gap was until this series. BTW, the fact that Tim Duncan is still playing at this level at age 37 should cement his legacy as the best player of his generation.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a gifted athlete and an amazing player; but he doesn't play or conduct himself like a champion. Whiner, flopper, glory hog.

Reaction Score
Once again, when the chips are down, Miami comes through. They have simply become the most resilient, mentally tough team in the league. Very different from when they first put this team together and were still trying to figure it out.

Reaction Score
These last two games and really whole series were phenomenal. I was fortunate in one regard to be on a business trip so I went to bars for each game. Atmosphere was great, young-old, male-female, etc., everyone had a rooting interest and watched every possession.

Wanted Spurs, so game 6 was tough and I guess good that Ray makes one of the most clutch shots in NBA history, despite my fan interest.

I think the 2 things that are most memorable right now are just the way Duncan willed his team and Bron making the big shots all night in game 7.

And a 3rd would be the effect of the one dimensional role player like Battier or Green on games. I think at one point I liked Battier somewhat, I was wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
These last two games and really whole series were phenomenal. I was fortunate in one regard to be on a business trip so I went to bars for each game. Atmosphere was great, young-old, male-female, etc., everyone had a rooting interest and watched every possession.

Wanted Spurs, so game 6 was tough and I guess good that Ray makes one of the most clutch shots in NBA history, despite my fan interest.

I think the 2 things that are most memorable right now are just the way Duncan willed his team and Bron making the big shots all night in game 7.

And a 3rd would be the effect of the one dimensional role player like Battier or Green on games. I think at one point I liked Battier somewhat, I was wrong.
Agree with all of that, but the big takeaway for me, in terms of surprise, is discovering how good Leonard is.

Reaction Score
Once again, when the chips are down, Miami comes through. They have simply become the most resilient, mentally tough team in the league. Very different from when they first put this team together and were still trying to figure it out.

yep they definetly dont get enough credit for their toughness and togetherness as a team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's like I have always said, all you need to win the NBA championship is the best player in the universe.

Some NBA team needs to hire me as GM - I have the winning formula.
now waiting to see who starts calling that idiot coach eric a genius like they have done with Phil J
Give me those Bull teams and those Lakers teams along with current Heat and I'll hire D Perno and make him a legend
Give me a break - what happened to Phil J when MJ decided to play baseball?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Give me a break - what happened to Phil J when MJ decided to play baseball?

They won like 55 games and lost a game seven to the Knicks in the semi-finals.

Phil Jackson has won 11 titles as a coach.

He's bulletproof.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a gifted athlete and an amazing player; but he doesn't play or conduct himself like a champion. Whiner, flopper, glory hog.

Thumbs down. You need to get past "The Decision." The kid has copped to that being a disaster many times. Duncan, Ginobili, et al. flop and whine just as much, if not more, than Lebron. The hate he absorbs is mystifying to me. And you notice it seems to roll off his shoulders? Everyone in the world was rooting against him in game 7 and he just went out and dropped 40, took Parker out of the game, and won his second straight ring. Ho hum.

It's not like he's out getting arrested or embarrassing himself and the league, he's been with the same woman since high school, he gives great interviews, understands the game and its history, shows a ton of respect to Pop and Duncan in victory, talks at length about what an honor it is to be mentioned in the same sentence with the all-time greats. What more do you want from the kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom