Gabby Dominating the Stats | The Boneyard

Gabby Dominating the Stats

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball's Williams dominating AAC in multiple categories

“Gabby’s one of these kids that, every game, it seems like there’s a wow moment, and then another wow moment, and then another one,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Maybe it’s because you don’t see that every day in a women’s basketball player, and maybe because you don’t expect it because she’s not that big and she plays so much bigger than she is. We’re used to seeing that, but I don’t see it anywhere else in the country. I don’t care whether it is here or anywhere — and we’ve played everywhere — and there’s no one that looks like her in America. Nobody.”

Our Geno has a flair for words, does he not?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

“Gabby’s one of these kids that, every game, it seems like there’s a wow moment, and then another wow moment, and then another one,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “Maybe it’s because you don’t see that every day in a women’s basketball player, and maybe because you don’t expect it because she’s not that big and she plays so much bigger than she is. We’re used to seeing that, but I don’t see it anywhere else in the country. I don’t care whether it is here or anywhere — and we’ve played everywhere — and there’s no one that looks like her in America. Nobody.”

Unlike his Midwest counterpart who openly campaigns for her players as AA, Geno does it more subtly getting the listener to start nodding their head. My bet is she get NDPOY and part of 10 member AA team and justifiably so!

Reaction Score
She's been my favorite player since her freshman year. Love her all round game and her tremendous work ethic and attitude.

I've noticed a few times this year, when things on the court haven't gone quite exactly the way she wanted, she gets this slightly down, worried, look on her face. I simply want to reach through the TV, hug her, and say, "Gabby, you're doing incredibly great, you'll be just fine"...!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's been my favorite player since her freshman year. Love her all round game and her tremendous work ethic and attitude.

I've noticed a few times this year, when things on the court haven't gone quite exactly the way she wanted, she gets this slightly down, worried, look on her face. I simply want to reach through the TV, hug her, and say, "Gabby, you're doing incredibly great, you'll be just fine"...!!!

It was reported by Geno that when he saw that last game he did exactly that. I believe it was when he "grabbed her" so to spek during play, then ball came to her and she rifled an assist in on a lay up.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

A tip o the turban to the BY poster that coined the name "Gabulous" in reference to Miss Gabby. I liked it the first time I saw it. It fits her and her performances on the floor to a T.!!! I don't think Geno (the visionary) is necessarily surprised to see Gabby performing at a high level consistently. He has an extraordinary eye for talent, and can see raw/latent talent in a player that can be brought to the surface with time, and the right coaching/teaching. OMG, just think for a moment how good she's going to be next year. :eek: She'll be worth the price of admission by herself. You know what they say about us visionaries........it takes one to..... :)

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
That was so special, Gabby received a hug from Geno and an assist from Lou . Gabby is a junior, and she is outstanding now, I can't wait to see Gabby her senior year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom