Future So Bright, You Got to Wear Shades.... | The Boneyard

Future So Bright, You Got to Wear Shades....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
For your summer daydreams, patio chats, long afternoons with a cool beverage of choice, and other good times, ponder these items:

Big Game Bria is back!
KML has had a "growth spurt" playing the #4 in USA basketball!
Stewie, Morgan and MoJeff tore up the court in the Canaries and are off to Lithuania with USA BB!
God willing, Stef and BB are healed and ready and Kiah had a great summer of Iowa BB.
And our newest addition, Sanija, has had a very nice year so far, too!

If they are all sharing medals and awards in the dorms, it will look like a laser show with all the shiny stuff.

It may be a long,long way to BB season....but the view is sure a good one!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
For your summer daydreams, patio chats, long afternoons with a cool beverage of choice, and other good times, ponder these items:

Big Game Bria is back!
KML has had a "growth spurt" playing the #4 in USA basketball!
Stewie, Morgan and MoJeff tore up the court in the Canaries and are off to Lithuania with USA BB!
God willing, Stef and BB are healed and ready and Kiah had a great summer of Iowa BB.
And our newest addition, Sanija, has had a very nice year so far, too!

If they are all sharing medals and awards in the dorms, it will look like a laser show with all the shiny stuff.

It may be a long,long way to BB season....but the view is sure a good one!

So UConn has had five starters on the two USA Teams. And it would have been six had Steph been playing. Does any other school have even tw0 starters total on the two USA Teams?

My bet is that if UConn took back Bria and KML from the WUG Team, and added Stewie, and Tuck and MoJeff, and Dolson --- we could beat any six player USA all star team from the remaining WUG and the U-19 team.

This is a pretty scary thought.

GO HUSKIES

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
My cup runneth over.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Not to be negative, but I suspect Geno will remind this team that last year's Baylor's team was thought to be unbeatable. Just sayin
What he said!

Reaction Score
Not to be negative, but I suspect Geno will remind this team that last year's Baylor's team was thought to be unbeatable. Just sayin

Agree, too many good teams out there to take anything for a sure thing. Good teams early, even better, more experienced teams in the NCAA's. Take off the shades and play'em one game at a time.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Its good you said players remaining from either the WUG or U19 teams. Because I could put together a team that would give the UConn team a run for the Money.:)

Guards Odyssey Sims and Kayla McBride
Wing Alysa Thomas
Forwards Chiney Oguwmike, Bashara Graves
Center Elizabeth Williams.

They would have some interesting games and I'm sure the UConn team would hold its own and win some games. :) Could have had Chelsea Grey on the team, but went with more scoring to offset UConn's scoring abilities.

So UConn has had five starters on the two USA Teams. And it would have been six had Steph been playing. Does any other school have even tw0 starters total on the two USA Teams?

My bet is that if UConn took back Bria and KML from the WUG Team, and added Stewie, and Tuck and MoJeff, and Dolson --- we could beat any six player USA all star team from the remaining WUG and the U-19 team.

This is a pretty scary thought.

GO HUSKIES

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Of course Geno will be saying that. Even with this incredible roster, he will have his usual sleepness nights. That is his job.

It has nothing to do with how fans feel.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Of course Geno will be saying that. Even with this incredible roster, he will have his usual sleepness nights. That is his job.

It has nothing to do with how fans feel.

Thank you, DD! When I started the post I did not guarantee, nor did I project, or promise. I just said that the future looks very bright indeed, to this fan, who is looking forward to next season. The work, of course, is up to the team. As for rosy thoughts, hey, let's enjoy the summer! The team certainly is!

Reaction Score
I'll never forget the 2000-1 season. I applied for (and got) final 4 tickets before Geno guaranteed victory at the parade for the 1999-2000 team. After injuries to Ralph and Abrosimova, I was happy to see UConn in the final 4, but Diana had her bad game of the decade against ND. That team was loaded with Abrosimova, Bird, Cash, Jones, Ralph, Taurasi, and Williams. With pretty good reserves of Schuie, Kennitra, Battle and Conlon. This year's team seems even more potent, so if they can avoid injuries and career "bad games" at the wrong time, the future is indeed very bright.

Reaction Score
Geno and Chris will never ever let their team take things for granted. No way, no how!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'll never forget the 2000-1 season. I applied for (and got) final 4 tickets before Geno guaranteed victory at the parade for the 1999-2000 team. After injuries to Ralph and Abrosimova, I was happy to see UConn in the final 4, but Diana had her bad game of the decade against ND. That team was loaded with Abrosimova, Bird, Cash, Jones, Ralph, Taurasi, and Williams. With pretty good reserves of Schuie, Kennitra, Battle and Conlon. This year's team seems even more potent, so if they can avoid injuries and career "bad games" at the wrong time, the future is indeed very bright.
I think that team was the best ever assembled until the injuries derailed them. We can argue all we want, but Shea and Svet added to the 2001-2 core was just an incredible collection of AA talent.

Reaction Score
No team is unbeatable, but only the most delusional fan would deny that UConn
has the best team this year - and by a wide margin.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its good you said players remaining from either the WUG or U19 teams. Because I could put together a team that would give the UConn team a run for the Money.:)

Guards Odyssey Sims and Kayla McBride
Wing Alysa Thomas
Forwards Chiney Oguwmike, Bashara Graves
Center Elizabeth Williams.

They would have some interesting games and I'm sure the UConn team would hold its own and win some games. :) Could have had Chelsea Grey on the team, but went with more scoring to offset UConn's scoring abilities.

Not sure about Chelsea Grey, but Chelsea Gray certainly can score ;) .... she just prefers to set up others to score instead..

Reaction Score
No team is unbeatable, but only the most delusional fan would deny that UConn
has the best team this year - and by a wide margin.
Agreed, like the year UConn had Svet and Shea go down, or when Diana had an off night vs ND and UConn blew a big first half lead! BUT, I think this team has the potential to be one of UConns best teams ever like TAASK.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Great point- that upset should have been the upset of the year on the Espy's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom