(future opponent) Indiana 69 Florida Gulf Coast 63 | The Boneyard

(future opponent) Indiana 69 Florida Gulf Coast 63

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Indiana's half court offense looked atrocious. Mgbako was not very impressive at all either.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to this game. Will be my first in person view of our team this season, and one of several at MSG. Those Indiana fans have some strange looking overall outfits I remember from the game vs Shabbaz.

Reaction Score
They’re cursed from screwing over coaches in the past (Knight, Crean). They’ve got some talent, I just have always laughed at them hiring Woodson. Nothing like hiring a 62 yr old guy with no college experience and expecting him to be a godsend. Idc that he coached in the NBA, he wasn’t that good there

This team has some talent, no identity from what I saw. I would say coaching is the biggest issue

Reaction Score
watched this game the other night -- i thought they looked awful.

interestingly enough, forget that kel'el ware transferred there. he was the former 5* freshman center at oregon when we dismantled them last year.

Reaction Score
IU is not a deep team- Could be long season in Bloomington
Agreed, if they get the big man queen outta bmore then they would have a really good class coming in, but I'll never forget goin on the road vs them and handing it to them in '08, JC coached his a** off that day, one of the more gratifying wins I've watched because we were short handed and they were a top ten team wit a dog in Dj White and and Eric Gordon

caw

Reaction Score
IU's four is the only one that stood out to me. He has some decent stuff. Still IU got a very friendly whistle.

Ware is pretty much the same as last year and did most of his work by being tall. Oddly IU didn't run any plays to take advantage of his verticality. Really he should be used like Johnson is for UConn.

Reaction Score
They have some nice pieces at Indiana and will be a nice matchup for our guys. Ware plays pretty big and tough will bang DC around and test him. Galloway is really good a lot like our own Alex.

Think they had a tough first game but FGC wasn’t all that bad either. Should be a nice test.

Reaction Score
Agreed, if they get the big man queen outta bmore then they would have a really good class coming in, but I'll never forget goin on the road vs them and handing it to them in '08, JC coached his a** off that day, one of the more gratifying wins I've watched because we were short handed and they were a top ten team wit a dog in Dj White and and Eric Gordon
I was right behind the bench for that. Awesome stuff

Reaction Score
Watched their FGCU game last night since I missed it on Tuesday, and I agree with everything posted here so far. I watch a decent amount of IU basketball and I think two keys to victory are 1.) dominating the glass, and 2.) not letting Xavier Johnson and Trey Galloway be the uptempo "push" guards that they prefer to be.

On 1 -- IU was even on rebounds with FGCU, and their 4/PF Malik Reneau had ONE rebound in 31 minutes. Their guards rebound well, but with the emphasis we've put on the glass in the last 3 seasons, we can really control the tempo by getting our own second chances while not allowing theirs.

On 2 -- XJ and TG are impressively quick and look to initiate fastbreaks, especially off mid-to-long rebounds. That's been TG's forte in Bloomington for years. They're also pesky on-ball defenders who follow you everywhere we go. Can't have a sloppy ball security in the backcourt and give them easy TOs.

Reaction Score
Watched their FGCU game last night since I missed it on Tuesday, and I agree with everything posted here so far. I watch a decent amount of IU basketball and I think two keys to victory are 1.) dominating the glass, and 2.) not letting Xavier Johnson and Trey Galloway be the uptempo "push" guards that they prefer to be.

On 1 -- IU was even on rebounds with FGCU, and their 4/PF Malik Reneau had ONE rebound in 31 minutes. Their guards rebound well, but with the emphasis we've put on the glass in the last 3 seasons, we can really control the tempo by getting our own second chances while not allowing theirs.

On 2 -- XJ and TG are impressively quick and look to initiate fastbreaks, especially off mid-to-long rebounds. That's been TG's forte in Bloomington for years. They're also pesky on-ball defenders who follow you everywhere we go. Can't have a sloppy ball security in the backcourt and give them easy TOs.

I watched the game on double-speed yesterday. We will have a huge advantage at the 4... Karaban is going to humiliate Reneau.

Ware v. Clingan is going to be a fun matchup. Another one where if Clingan stays out of foul trouble, I see a matchup in our favor.

We're bigger and stronger at the 1-3. Xavier Johnson strikes me as the piece who could really make some noise if we aren't careful defending him. Spencer and Newton could struggle with his quickness, but I kind of doubt it. Regardless, I would love to see Solo and Castle get some minutes guarding a high quality SG early in the season like this.

I see a 15-point win for the good guys, honestly.

Reaction Score
I watched the game on double-speed yesterday. We will have a huge advantage at the 4... Karaban is going to humiliate Reneau.

Ware v. Clingan is going to be a fun matchup. Another one where if Clingan stays out of foul trouble, I see a matchup in our favor.

We're bigger and stronger at the 1-3. Xavier Johnson strikes me as the piece who could really make some noise if we aren't careful defending him. Spencer and Newton could struggle with his quickness, but I kind of doubt it. Regardless, I would love to see Solo and Castle get some minutes guarding a high quality SG early in the season like this.

I see a 15-point win for the good guys, honestly.
Yeah I completely agree and had basically the same synopsis in the other notes I wrote down. Karaban should have his way with Reneau, who didn't look comfortable on defense when pulled out to the 3pt line. If Karaban can subdue Bryce Hopkins, he should keep Reneau plenty under control.

IU did NOT defend the 3 well vs. FGCU and gave up a lot of open looks off of minimal actions/movement. They also seemed confused on defensive switching assignments against motion. Ballscreens, DHOs, really any motion offense, etc. should open up the halfcourt a lot. Overall I think we have more talent/depth, and we just have to use it.

Reaction Score
I think Ware is gonna have nightmares about UConn after this one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom