Fuller on Wilson and Ekmark | The Boneyard

Fuller on Wilson and Ekmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought we had already heard that and it was expected?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The article has First Night on October 11. I have seen that date many times....and I have seen October 18 as often.

What is going on??? I did ask an insider-type and he said October 18 but this latest mention of the earlier date makes me wonder.

Interesting that the coach suggests A'ja may decide earlier than had been mentioned.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think Jim may have misunderstood the coach's comments. I don't read his comments as contradicting Wilson's earlier statement that she'll decide in the spring. I believe he said he hopes she makes her UConn visit before basketball season starts, not her college decision. His earlier comment says she'll make some visits after her basketball season which is completely consistent with her stated timetable.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec spoke with Wilson's father today. She'll attend First Night on Oct 18 and will announce her decision in the Spring.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/top-recruit-wilson-plans-first-night-visit/#more-8592

I don't understand why she is wasting her time coming to first night when she has already decided on USC according to the expert on the Georgia board.

Seriously, if she decides to go to USC I wish her the best. Home is where the heart is, and Dawn is a terrific coach and person.

But I'll just say it one more time that many others here have said.

She will have the unique opportunity to join a team with the best coach, a possibly 2 time NC winning team going on 3, players in Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck for 2 years that she knows how good they are from playing in the USA U19 team, and learning from a coaching staff that prepares players to be Olympians.

It's an amazing situation she would be part of along with 3 terrific 2014 recruits that would join her.

I'm thrilled she is going to First Night. I just wish she was deciding earlier. Memories can fade a little over time and impact of the visit lessen.

Reaction Score
Great news she is attending First Night as no other School can duplicate that. Plus the recoginition that night of their 8th championship, and seeing Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson. Hopefully she will realize how high the Uconn bar is, when compared to the other schools on her list. As a lot of you have mentioned, if she wants to stay home, she goes to South Carolina. Let's hope for the best!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't understand why she is wasting her time coming to first night when she has already decided on USC according to the expert on the Georgia board.

More from Rich Elliott who spoke with Aja's mom: https://twitter.com/elliottctpost

She'll visit Uconn for the weekend of Oct 18-20 and North Carolina the weekend of Oct 25-27. Incidentally, the expert on the Georgia board recently said that Wilson is no longer considering North Carolina. I guess that counts toward the 50% wrong.

Reaction Score
Carl Adamec spoke with Wilson's father today. She'll attend First Night on Oct 18 and will announce her decision in the Spring.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/top-recruit-wilson-plans-first-night-visit/#more-8592

Sounds like the performance in the upcoming season of the teams she is considering might play a factor in where she commits to play at. It is proven that Geno & Co. can back up what they say...however, this has to be be unsettleing for someone like Holly "I can talk the talk, but haven't proven I can walk the walk" Warlock. WIN IN NASHVILLE OR BUST HOLLY!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds like the performance in the upcoming season of the teams she is considering might play a factor in where she commits to play at. It is proven that Geno & Co. can back up what they say...however, this has to be be unsettleing for someone like Holly "I can talk the talk, but haven't proven I can walk the walk" Warlock. WIN IN NASHVILLE OR BUST HOLLY!
Holly Warwick to the best of my knowledge has not made excessive statements rather it was Burdick.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Holly Warwick to the best of my knowledge has not made excessive statements rather it was Burdick.
I'm not sure if Holly Warwick [sic] can walk the walk, because her aunt Dionne Warwick kept asking for directions to San Jose. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Holly Warwick [sic] can walk the walk, because her aunt Dionne Warwick kept asking for directions to San Jose. :)
Her aunt huh? Yes, I can kinda see the resemblance.

I always found it odd she did not know the way to San Jose, seeing as how she was born and raised there. :confused: Guess you can blame Burt.

Reaction Score
MILFORD: To that I say, "Only youuuu................."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak