Fuller: Brianna Banks in a good position | The Boneyard

Fuller: Brianna Banks in a good position

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As long as she doesn't go to ND or TN, I'm happy for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As long as she doesn't go to ND or TN, I'm happy for her.
Exactly. I hope she winds up at Ga. Tech.

It's good to hear that she's in demand. I'm sorry to see Brianna leave.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Banks has proven that she is talented enough to play for any team in the country but it is the mental part of the game that was the issue at UConn at times.

"I think her confidence didn't come back because her sophomore year she did really well, I was so excited for her," Davis-Powell said. "Part of her wanted it to bounce right back and when it didn't, she is so hard on herself she went into a hole and couldn't climb out.

This pretty much sums it up. I've struggled to understand Brianna's decision as I saw her as having an opportunity to compete for and earn significant minutes (if not starter minutes) at the open 2-guard spot. If Brianna didn't see it that way -- and it sounds like she didn't -- then she is making the right move. A player, particularly a senior, struggling with confidence won't do well playing for Geno.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is Georgia Tech in the picture? It sounds like the field is wide open for her and her mother has no expectations of her needing to be near home.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Georgia Tech in the picture? It sounds like the field is wide open for her and her mother has no expectations of her needing to be near home.
I don't know, but it's in her home state, is a very good school, and has Kaela Davis.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice write-up and happy to see that she will have a lot of choices as to where she goes. She had a tough time here at Uconn with the injuries - the ankle this past year was a huge deal - in ways bigger than the ACL - when you go down with an ACL that is it - you are out until you rehab. With an ankle it seems so 'trivial' and you keep trying to come back and then tweak it again. Happened to Bria her junior year and to Banks and it must really have messed with her head.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am sad to see her go - truly - I loved watching her play when things were clicking for her.

I wish her well, and I hope that where ever she ends up she will blossom and become the great player I think that she is.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
My fav BB highlight is when she played against Kevin Hart's team. Too funny. "That one girl's out there on skates!"

10:15 of the video

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If she was smart? ND...

If she wanted attention? ND...

If she was smart, she would have stayed at UCONN! But I'm admittedly significantly biased in that regard.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My fav BB highlight is when she played against Kevin Hart's team. Too funny. "That one girl's out there on skates!"

10:15 of the video

Thanks for reposting that! Just as enjoyable the second time around.

Reaction Score
If she was smart, she would have stayed at UCONN! But I'm admittedly significantly biased in that regard.

If Muffet promised her the right things I think it'd be smart. She and Loyd would be pretty awesome...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Brianna is struggling with her confidence, some place lower profile than ND would be a better decision for her. I bet Andy Landers is all over this.

Reaction Score
My first preference for BB is Tech. Georgia is second. :)
My ties to Tech make it impossible for me to want anything good for Georgia. And I do think Brianna would be a great addition to any team. So, I say again...THWG!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was a matter of after the injury she just didn't feel comfortable with herself as a player," Davis-Powell said. "She loves the program, loves Coach (Geno Auriemma), has learned a lot from Coach but she didn't feel comfortable with herself and just felt like she needed another environment to try to get comfortable."
Classy. I wish her the very best.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what her major is ? Georgia Tech would be a good fit... would rather see her there than at a SEC school

My ties to Tech make it impossible for me to want anything good for Georgia. And I do think Brianna would be a great addition to any team. So, I say again...THWG!

The cesspool of the South ;)

Reaction Score
I dont agree with ND at all. IMO BB needs to show she can score. If she scores it probably means her ball-handling has shown to be good because she is not a lights out shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom