FSU putting up UConn-like numbers | The Boneyard

FSU putting up UConn-like numbers

Reaction Score
No point really in disparaging any success of a team UConn has beaten. It's only confirmation that the Huskies had a tough opponent and still prevailed. Good luck FSU--and everyone else--until we meet again . . .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Amazingly, none of the FSU starters played more than 15 minutes in this game, and none scored more than 9 points. Their top 3 scorers came off the bench:

5LAd4Ts.png

Reaction Score
No point really in disparaging any success of a team UConn has beaten. It's only confirmation that the Huskies had a tough opponent and still prevailed. Good luck FSU--and everyone else--until we meet again . . .
I don't think he meant it that way.

Reaction Score
I know, right? Its like a uncontrollable itch for some people.

There are only 3 ways to look at the success of another: Positive---Gray----Negative.

The world as it is---loves the negative--it is so much fun finding fault even with a comment--or a game.
Count this as Negative!

Reaction Score
Congrats you win!

I was waiting for the first post discounting this, because God forbid we ever acknowledge something that another school did.
Perhaps you'd consider painting with a brush less broad. Do I view things on this board through UConn tinted lenses? Yes. Yes I unapologetically do.

Do I think and post like the Huskies are everything that's pure and good and everything else is scum? Hardly. Just yesterday I posted about an article regarding the 1980s Louisiana Tech teams. I said they were virtually indistinguishable from the Huskies. That is to say, I paid them the highest compliment I know.

Now, where can I pick up my prize? ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, if FSU keeps winning, I continue to think less and less about that narrow season-opening victory. The subsequent wins over Baylor, Maryland, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Texas, remain a great slate of victories over OOC competition. I can't say I ever expected UConn would be undefeated by this point, but I've never been happier to be wrong than I was because of the Huskies' 16-0 record.

Ithe prevailing post-game sentiment was simply "a win is a win; onward and upward" after the FSU game. Well, onward and upward has indeed been the trajectory for this amazing crew of Huskies. and the narrow win over FSU just looks all the better as long as the Seminoles remain a top-10 team.

Reaction Score

I know. Some posters have an uncontrollable itch to feel like they are the board police and only they are the ones to deem what is a fair post or isn't.

I didn't feel vowelguy's post was necessary. But he did make a nice post on another thread about a former UCONN center but eh took another posters post way out of context just like he did here.

Reaction Score
Not every morsel of every tongue-in-cheekish post is meant to disparage. One of the reasons I follow UConn women's basketball, and the thrust of many of my serious posts, is an interest in excellence over time. It's one thing to achieve the incredible. It's quite another to do that consistently. I've often heard it said it's easier to win a championship that it is to repeat. Repeat championships tend to be an order of magnitude rarer than singular ones. That Bob Beamon never matched his prodigious 1968 Olympic leap takes nothing away from that stupendous accomplishment.

I come by my interest honestly. When I was in high school, we had a coach (another sport, not basketball) who lost only 17 times in 18 years. I thought that achievement mind-boggling...until his successor came along. He lost just 6 times in 15 years. Through it's first 50 years, that program lost just 47 times.

I have no animus toward the Gamecocks whatsoever. I became an instant fan of Kevin Joyce when I watched 2nd ranked Penn beat 3rd ranked South Carolina in the 1971 NCAA Tournament. My appreciation was cemented when Joyce turned his back on a silver medal in the wake of the 1972 Olympic fiasco.

Reaction Score
Well, if FSU keeps winning, I continue to think less and less about that narrow season-opening victory. The subsequent wins over Baylor, Maryland, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Texas, remain a great slate of victories over OOC competition. I can't say I ever expected UConn would be undefeated by this point, but I've never been happier to be wrong than I was because of the Huskies' 16-0 record.

Ithe prevailing post-game sentiment was simply "a win is a win; onward and upward" after the FSU game. Well, onward and upward has indeed been the trajectory for this amazing crew of Huskies. and the narrow win over FSU just looks all the better as long as the Seminoles remain a top-10 team.
Agreed....with their athleticism, and coaching, if truth be told, I'd prefer they end up in another bracket come tournament time:cool:

Reaction Score
I know. Some posters have an uncontrollable itch to feel like they are the board police and only they are the ones to deem what is a fair post or isn't.

I didn't feel vowelguy's post was necessary. But he did make a nice post on another thread about a former UCONN center but eh took another posters post way out of context just like he did here.

Not only was Vowelguy's post necessary, it was funny!! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom