FSU is Howling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FSU is Howling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is really not something I'm willing to get into a pi$$ing match over, so this is my last post on this particular sub-topic on this thread.
1) It certainly did not take 14 hours each way (in fact, Yahoo Maps say Waterbury to Charlotte = 11.5 hours).
2) We did not exactly pay attention to speed limit signs, whether they said 55 mph, 65 mph, or Reasonable and Prudent.
2a) No one got pulled over.
3) Aside from not being exact positive about timing, as state earlier, what I wrote is fact. Why would someone lie about something so mundane? It was originally meant as a playful taunt. (I must have forgotten the required emoticon).

Wha????? No one accused you of lying. I said you were incredibly lucky to drive an average of 85 mph without getting stopped. This area of the US is the most brutal I've ever driven in when it comes to speeding, especially with a Yankee license plate.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wha????? No one accused you of lying. I said you were incredibly lucky to drive an average of 85 mph without getting stopped. This area of the US is the most brutal I've ever driven in when it comes to speeding, especially with a Yankee license plate.

Okay. my bad. Must be a bit antsy to start the holiday weekend...

Reaction Score
I've driven that area of 95 South often since moving from NYC to Charlotte, and you're absolutely right.
Theres a stretch from MD to VA on to NC, thats tailor-made for traffic stops. I see folks getting busted EVERY time I've traveled it.
Also, my time averages around 11 hrs from the Upper West Side, Mhtn to Charlotte- with minimal stops for gas and eats.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ok then why are all these people saying FSU DEMANDS L'ville to be invited? The Cards are not getting the ACC more money (Uconn isn't either).

They are saying it to drive page views. It is utter bs. All the ACC schools, including the basketball ones, are pissed with their TV deal. If there is an exodus, UNC and UVa will leave before Clemson and FSU. This is about money.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is we need a head coach who can recruit on the national level. And we have the models in Calhoun and Geno. So it can be done but PP and company are not the ones to do it.

We do recruit nationally... we are currently chasing kids in Arizona. You just don't see many kids doing a west coast - east coast swap. Basketball is easier because east coast basketball has always had more eyes and attention than west coast basketball and you only need one player that can make a huge difference.

Reaction Score
As a BC grad and a CT native would love to have Uconn in the ACC.

The biggest thing holding Uconn back right now is FSU. They are screaming VERY LOUDLEY - NO UCONN and are threatening to leave the ACC if UConn comes to the ACC. And Clemson will follow.

With our former Athletic director gone (hallelulah) I don't believe BC is standing in the way.

Did hartford 83 used to be hartford hank, the BCU fans in UConn clothing? Is this another of his idiotic threads?

Reaction Score
Wow. Hard to believe southerners might still resent the north, isn't it.

Well the MD folks make the "Bojangles" slurs so I guess it cuts both ways. Maybe the northerners would feel differently if Lee won and burnt NYC to the ground.

Reaction Score
If you want to northeast market, as the Big10 and ACC apparently do, you're going to have to live with the fact that the fans up here can't drive 2,000 miles for a football game over the holidays. It's much easier for the southerners to go on a short roadtrip. Blacksburg VA to Atlanta is 400 miles. When UConn played a bowl in Charlotte, it sent 15,000 fans. That's a 14 hour drive both ways.

I'm talking regular season home attendance. 65K against Austin Peay, VTech packs them in for the conference games. About double what UConn had for the Piit game.

Reaction Score
Did hartford 83 used to be hartford hank, the BCU fans in UConn clothing? Is this another of his idiotic threads?

Have no idea who Hartford Hank is. Not sure why you call it an idiotic thread with more postings here than any other thread I've seen lately - also I believe it to be a relevant topic.

As a Ct. natice and resident as well as a BC grad I hold allegiance to both schools. Have been troubled by the animosity between the two institutions.

As mentioned earlier I am rooting for Uconn to receive an invite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As someone who drives this often, and always leaves at night, you were incredibly lucky. Virginia, Maryland, Carolina are major speed trap areas, even in the middle of night. Speed limit is often 55. I also said Storrs to Charlotte, Waterbury is an easy 45 minutes closer.

I lived in Raleigh for 3 years and have driven from West Hartford to Raleigh at least 15 times. There is no possible way to get there in less than 9 hours. Forget Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Have no idea who Hartford Hank is. Not sure why you call it an idiotic thread with more postings here than any other thread I've seen lately - also I believe it to be a relevant topic.

As a Ct. natice and resident as well as a BC grad I hold allegiance to both schools. Have been troubled by the animosity between the two institutions.

As mentioned earlier I am rooting for Uconn to receive an invite.

The thread is idiotic. FSU isn't "howling" anything.

Reaction Score
We were considered a joke by real football programs when we played in a BCS bowl. We are considered that way because weve been playing division 1 football for about 2 weeks. I think we probably need a coaching change and hope that brings us a lot of wins but, rest assured, we will be considered a joke by the "big boys" for a long, long, long time even if we win a ton of games.
Ask Oklahoma how it felt to lose to Boise when the entire nation was pulling for Boise. That's why they don't like newcomers.

Reaction Score
Sick of these Bojangles slurs, they're the finest fried chicken this nation has to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom