Fryer ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Fryer ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. This is NOT the start we were looking for.
  2. Our rebounding is pretty bad early. Almost as bad as our shooting.
  3. What the hell was Samson looking at at 12:10? Not his man, not the lane, not anyone on the court as far as I could tell/ Oduro just drove down an empty lane for an easy layin.
  4. Come back from commercial and Spencer's shooting foul shots. Tech on P-town? As far as I know, the announcers never made mention of it. They just ignored what was going on, and kept yapping off their 'talking point' sheets. So I turned the sound off again.
  5. Castle with the 3 for the lead.
  6. Newton having a hell of a half.
  7. Diarra 3 at the buzzer!
  8. If you had told me at 16:00, when we were down by 13, that we would be up by 18 points at the half, I'd have questioned your sanity. I told my wife that if we could get within 2 or 3 points by half-time we'd win the game despite the slow start .It took us to 7:26 to tie it up and over that last 7:26 we outscored the Fryers 21 to 3.
  9. 23 boards to their 16. 8 dimes to 2. 5 steals to 3. 5 turnovers to 8. Shooting % 47,44,75 to P-town's 29,18,67.
  10. Some Providence players exhibiting some bad juju. One throws a cross court pass to a guy heading to the paint. No-one anywhere near where he threw it. The guy who was supposed to catch it is hollering at the passer. The frustration of being down 21.
  11. We got stuck at 70, from 6:50 to 3:24 without scoring, while P-town scored 10.
  12. We actually played awful in the last 10 minutes, and still won by 14. But we shot lousy and let them rebound at will. Our sizeable rebounding margins from half-time went down to one at each end by the time the game ended. Final scoring % lines were 43,42,83 for us, and 35,30,75 for the losers. Our starters all went for double digits, while our bench only scored 11 points -- 8 of them from Samson, plus Diarra's buzzer beater 3 at the end of the half.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How many midrange shots did not go in tonight? Seemed crazy how many missed, over and over.
Lots of those Karaban/Spencer floaters were not working tonight.
Thankfully went 11-26 from three and we have plenty other ways to hurt teams

Reaction Score
Not that it worries me, but it's worth noting that this is the second consecutive game where UConn has lost its focus toward the end while trying to run out the clock with a big lead.
They never lost their focus. Just missed shots. When you’re up 26 they’re just looking to get home injury free. They were stuck in Milwaukee an extra day well into Thursday. It was another win from an extremely special group. Enjoy this group while we have them . On to trophy season

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
How many midrange shots did not go in tonight? Seemed crazy how many missed, over and over.
LOL Sometimes it makes one wonder if they shouldn't go back to using the backboard for shots inside the foul line. Most of the time though Cam is great at it.

Reaction Score
Many of those shots are in a developing play with our 5 rolling to the basket. I can envision some hesitation as players decide whether to pass it to the hoop for the 5 to dunk or shoot it straight in. That may result in the player misfiring and doing neither.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Many of those shots are in a developing play with our 5 rolling to the basket. I can envision some hesitation as players decide whether to pass it to the hoop for the 5 to dunk or shoot it straight in. That may result in the player misfiring and doing neither.
Thanks, there was the frustrating repetition of misses, but the shots were repeatedly open.

As an aside, in the first half there were 3 or 4 early missed around the rim or from inside the lane that used the backboard.

At one point when Corey Floyd took his open three that seemed to circle the bowl several times before spinning out, I rationalized that his miss made the bothersome others feel like fair compensation.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Did anyone find out what the Providence technical foul was for?
Whatever it was, it must have either been for the P-town coaching staff coming out on the floor following Castle's layup at 7:27 or something happened during the timeout that immediately followed. The announcers were too busy gushing over Carter's block and breakaway dunk earlier, and showing his father on the sidelines to pay any attention to what was going on. When the broadcast got back from a string of commercials, it showed an "in the huddle" segment that had obviously been recorded during the commercials, and cut right from that to Cam shooting the Techs. The announcers were too preoccupied talking about Hurley being an emotional coach leading to HIS T, to mention (or even notice?) that Cam was shooting the foul shots resultant from English's T.

Reaction Score
Did anyone find out what the Providence technical foul was for?
Kim English walked onto the court towards the officials in a highly demonstrative manner yelling at them.

Reaction Score
I did read on the CBS sports app recap of the game that the call was on English.
Not good that the commentators did not relay that info.

Reaction Score
After that performance, you complain about Samson? What's a guy got to do. Hurley thought he was great.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kim English walked onto the court towards the officials in a highly demonstrative manner yelling at them.

On the sequence before Castles layup English though Oduro got fouled. He was really pissed and slammed the scorers table twice and continued it after Castles layup.

Reaction Score
Sorry. I thought this was going to be an OT thread about Air Fryers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom