Friday night games BC/Clempzon | The Boneyard

Friday night games BC/Clempzon

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not much of a turnout at BC. Doesn't look like they are going to be competitive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Things are going well in CUSA. UMass/ODU playing on a Friday with no TV.

Reaction Score
This area was flooded with Clemson fans today. Not surprising how many are there. There might be more Clemson fans than BC fans.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can't even give P Watt and Clowney.

Mack also claimed P was the hardest worker in the business. I guess he was too busy to notice the UConn years.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Weird that Darius Wade hasn't seen the field at all--they were calling for him on BC Interruption. Relatively well sought after recruit and was slated to start for BC last season before he got injured. Dual threat QB. Not saying we should call him up after Addazio gets canned, but we could use some QB depth with GA graduating

Reaction Score
LOL they announced the game as a sellout. Does that count if all the fans are from Clemson?

Not sure if I have ever seen a visitor turnout like that. The Mathew evacuation route goes all the way to Boston?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are a ton of people around here who went to Clemson between 1995-2005 - I have a half dozen friends who went there and have been to Death Valley a half dozen times with them. Just drive the highways around Hartford and there are a ton of Clemson stickers on vehicles.

The 2016 version of Clemson is High Point as the trendy school for CT kids to go to. I'm on the other side of that transaction now where it's my friend's kids going there. It sounds like quite a campus.

Reaction Score
There are a ton of people around here who went to Clemson between 1995-2005 - I have a half dozen friends who went there and have been to Death Valley a half dozen times with them. Just drive the highways around Hartford and there are a ton of Clemson stickers on vehicles.

The 2016 version of Clemson is High Point as the trendy school for CT kids to go to. I'm on the other side of that transaction now where it's my friend's kids going there. It sounds like quite a campus.
I went to high school with a kid who went to High Point. He really just wanted to pretend he went to UNC. Now hes a heroin addict.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I know quite a few High Point kids from CT who tried for UNC, Wake, and Elon in that order before realizing they weren't going to college in that state unless it was HP.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I know quite a few High Point kids from CT who tried for UNC, Wake, and Elon in that order before realizing they weren't going to college in that state unless it was HP.

Part of my business deals with the US furniture market and the epicenter of that is obviously High Point, NC. I also own several properties in the town. I know a lot about High Point University and am a donor. It is a very expensive, private school with small but beautiful athletic facilities. Think lots of purple and brickwork on a tiny campus with no Football.

Very quaint but not even on the same planet as Clemson in my educated opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The northeast teams once again this year are terrible. It's not just coaching, the area is not producing D1 talent and most top recruits leave the area. RU and BC can be happy being in the P5 for the money, but it sucks for what fans they have left to be annual doormats. I just do not see how BC, SU, RU, Pitt and UConn will ever to able to compete with the southern teams. The gap is getting wider. This looks like the beginning of a long down cycle for northeast teams.

Reaction Score
There aren't many actual Clemson grads around here. That said, this area was absolutely swamped by Clemson fans today, more than I've seen for any away team ever, incluing FSU, USC, VT, even other Clemson games. Honestly the hurricane probably did help quite a bit, it's a cheap flight up here, no rental car necessary, many hotel options, tickets were readily available and could be had for $25-30, so a last minute decision to get out for the storm and come up was very doable.

Reaction Score
With our struggles we haven't earned the right to say we should beat anybody. BCU will be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom