Friday July 28th - Inside the Huddle @ the Rent | The Boneyard

Friday July 28th - Inside the Huddle @ the Rent

Reaction Score
Just a reminder for season ticket holders if you haven't signed up yet for the event on the 28th.

" Please RSVP to the event by Thursday, July 27. Space is limited on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached. You may RSVP for as many season tickets as you have. Plus, we encourage you to bring up to 4 additional UConn fans (including those who may be interested in becoming season ticket holders) to enjoy the event. So, if you have 4 season tickets, you may have up to 8 total attendees. If you have 2 season tickets, you may have up to 6 attendees. "

FB July 28th.jpg

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Thanks Blades. Another e,mail these doofuses did not send out. At least to me. I don’t know what else to do as this continues to happen.

Reaction Score
Thanks Blades. Another e,mail these doofuses did not send out. At least to me. I don’t know what else to do as this continues to happen.
Yep missed this too originally. Been happening alot since some change that was made at the start of this year with their system. I called the Uconn office and they sent it out after I inquired about the event and they had to do it separately from a different Uconn e-mail account so I got the RSVP link. But I keep having problems missing things from UConn Athletics, no matter how many times I've told them about it, SMH !

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Glad to see the athletic department is bringing back this event. When the old Hartford Chapter of the Alumni Association ran this event, it was well attended and we would learn lots about the team from the coaches and players.

Reaction Score
It’s already filled. By the time I got a crew together there’s no RSVP’s left. My son is bummed.

Reaction Score
It’s already filled. By the time I got a crew together there’s no RSVP’s left. My son is bummed.
You would think UConn could find a way around capping the attendance with a remote location or some other solution. Sadly I’m no longer a season ticket holder so I won’t benefit but UConn should encourage as many supporters as possible.

Reaction Score
You would think UConn could find a way around capping the attendance with a remote location or some other solution. Sadly I’m no longer a season ticket holder so I won’t benefit but UConn should encourage as many supporters as possible.
This may sound far fetched but how about having it on the field. Set up a stage on the 10 yardline and have seats on the field and then you would have seats in the endzone stands. I am a Green Bay Packer stock owner and we have a yearly meeting every July. I have never been, but I think they at one time years back they had it inside Lambeau

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This may sound far fetched but how about having it on the field. Set up a stage on the 10 yardline and have seats on the field and then you would have seats in the endzone stands. I am a Green Bay Packer stock owner and we have a yearly meeting every July. I have never been, but I think they at one time years back they had it inside Lambeau
The 2 times it was outside, you could have fried an egg on the ground. Even at night, it is too much for a lot of people.

Reaction Score
The 2 times it was outside, you could have fried an egg on the ground. Even at night, it is too much for a lot of people.
If that's the case. let's hope it cools off by the end of August

Reaction Score
Not ideal or should be needed but I have a fellow UConn fan and when we get email from Uconn we forward with a "did you get this". It has saved us missing an event many a time, as one has received and the other not.

Yep missed this too originally. Been happening alot since some change that was made at the start of this year with their system.
This has been a problem for way more than just the recent system change.

@Platt81 The Mora era has begun and the band wagoners are jumping back on. You made a mistake of trying to get a crew together costing you time. I will not insult you with the old he who hesitates is lost.

I say screw the crew (for this) and if you are a season ticket holder call the office and plead your case. I am sure they could squeeze in you and your son. Personally had phone contact reply today as I never received a confirmation on my reservations made two days after the email that I did get. I'm set but had to call for conformation as the email system never responded.

Reaction Score
Not ideal or should be needed but I have a fellow UConn fan and when we get email from Uconn we forward with a "did you get this". It has saved us missing an event many a time, as one has received and the other not.

This has been a problem for way more than just the recent system change.

@Platt81 The Mora era has begun and the band wagoners are jumping back on. You made a mistake of trying to get a crew together costing you time. I will not insult you with the old he who hesitates is lost.

I say screw the crew (for this) and if you are a season ticket holder call the office and plead your case. I am sure they could squeeze in you and your son. Personally had phone contact reply today as I never received a confirmation on my reservations made two days after the email that I did get. I'm set but had to call for conformation as the email system never responded.
I emailed the head ticket person on Monday and surprise, no response. What’s baffling is a large number of people didn’t even receive the email but yet it filled up. I will take that as a positive for the program, but slightly annoying for someone who’s had season tickets since the rent opened and endured through some rough years.

Reaction Score
First time season ticket holder, going to the Inside the Huddle event on Friday for the first time and wondering what to expect? Just the coaches on a panel speaking about the team? Are they walking around mingling with the fans? Is there going to be food and beverages?

Reaction Score
First time season ticket holder, going to the Inside the Huddle event on Friday for the first time and wondering what to expect? Just the coaches on a panel speaking about the team? Are they walking around mingling with the fans? Is there going to be food and beverages?
If the event follows previous formats: Buffet meal (burgers, dogs, chips, cookies) followed by a short highlight video, then Coach Mora giving an overview of expectations for this season, introduction of team captains, short opening of the floor for questions for the Coach, then adjournment,

Reaction Score
My friend who was going to go with me might not be able to make it... should know tonight. If 1 person wants to go as my guest (had responded for 2) just let me know and if he drops, it'll be yours.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I wish I had gotten an email about this…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes. Probably a cash bar, as well. One time they had Jeno's pizza rolls. That was awesome.

Reaction Score
Received a few email invitations, but NFW I’d fly for “Jeno’s pizza rolls” nor dog and pony show insights available later via video or in Boneyard reporters’ Pulitzer prize worthy summaries. Enjoy the show.

Reaction Score
Today’s football event is going to dominated by B12 stuff. Either “what’s going on?” obsession, a “yea we’re in!” bacchanal, or a “boo we’re out” funeral.

Reaction Score
Today’s football event is going to dominated by B12 stuff. Either “what’s going on?” obsession, a “yea we’re in!” bacchanal, or a “boo we’re out” funeral.
It won't be the last -- UConn isn't going to announce it's out, neither is the XII, so we'll only be definitively out when the XII gets back to an even number and says we're done for now and that is not happening today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom