Friday Funny...Holly Worlock | The Boneyard

Friday Funny...Holly Worlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When asked about how the upcoming game against Oakland University came about the HC of the LV's said "...we were looking for a team to go out and play on the west coast...and they were looking to come this way."

I guess Geography isn't Coach Worlock's strong suit as Rochester, MI -- home of the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies -- is certainly a long way from the West Coast of Cali. Gotta love those country bumpkins down in Knutsville!! LOL :)

Saw this on a video at a free LV site (see 2:27 mark).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When asked about how the upcoming game against Oakland University came about the HC of the LV's said "...we were looking for a team to go out and play on the west coast...and they were looking to come this way."

I guess Geography isn't Coach Worlock's strong suit as Rochester, MI -- home of the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies -- is certainly a long way from the West Coast of Cali. Gotta love those country bumpkins down in Knutsville!! LOL :)

Saw this on a video at a free LV site (see 2:27 mark).
They probably were trying to get a game out on the west coast. Just not bright enough to pull it off. Wonder if they'll show up in the right place? I can see them driving around in a chartered bus in Oakland, CA, "where the hell is that university?". :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Holly will look a bit strange next winter wandering around in Michigan wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Reaction Score
I think it was the refs who caused this.

Hope they are not planning on playing Miami of Ohio. They could really be screwed.

Holly will look a bit strange next winter wandering around in Michigan wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Rochester, MI is near the West Coast (of Lake Erie.)

They probably were trying to get a game out on the west coast. Just not bright enough to pull it off. Wonder if they'll show up in the right place? I can see them driving around in a chartered bus in Oakland, CA, "where the hell is that university?". :rolleyes:

OMG, I didn't realize this forum had so many comedians on it...thanks for the free laughs fellow BY'ers! :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Oakland (MI) teams can be troublesome to overconfident big schools. UTenn would have been wise to schedule a game with California (PA), which is an 0-6 D3 school that I assume the Vols could beat handily. It's more than an hour closer to Knoxville than Oakland, has a nice amount of Southern (PA) California sunshine, and I'm sure all the Vol players wish they could be California girls, as some surfer dudes used to sing about.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
and I'm sure all the Vol players wish they could be California girls, as some surfer dudes used to sing about.
Not all of them were surfer dudes. :cool:

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I was at the Oakland game last year and our announcer said Rochester, MN. :-/

My brother had just graduated from there a few days before. I also have a cousin who's an Oakland U grad. :D

Okay, my post was completely pointless but I do feel badly for Oakland U since they get no respect.

Reaction Score
Holly is excited about playing in Paris & Rome next year. They'll charter a flight to Syracuse, NY and take a bus from there.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
OMG, I didn't realize this forum had so many comedians on it...thanks for the free laughs fellow BY'ers! :D

And mostly we are funniest when we are really trying not to be. :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Holly is excited about playing in Paris & Rome next year. They'll charter a flight to Syracuse, NY and take a bus from there.
Well, yeah, of course. Rome, NY is about 45 minutes from Syracuse and tiny Paris about an hour.

You're talking about a part of the state where every place has a Greek or Roman name (Paris was a town in the Roman Empire) because of a Classics studies obsessed land surveyor who mapped out the area in the 1700s.

Reaction Score
Could the OP post a link to the interview? 2:27 isn't much help without it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If you ever watched the old Jay-Walking Leno routine where he asks a mainly youngish crowd simple geographical questions like "Which country is north of the United States?" and hear the incredible answers, nothing would surprise you about the ignorance of the average UTenn WCBB coach or an interviewer. Now of course it is possible that there's some faking is going on here in order to get some publicity, but I really think it is plain dumb ignorance.

Reaction Score
Well, yeah, of course. Rome, NY is about 45 minutes from Syracuse and tiny Paris about an hour.

You're talking about a part of the state where every place has a Greek or Roman name (Paris was a town in the Roman Empire) because of a Classics studies obsessed land surveyor who mapped out the area in the 1700s.
Please don't confuse the poor woman.... there is also a Paris and Rome in Texas. She'll have that big orange plane flying all over this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom