Friar Fans In Awe of UCONN | The Boneyard

Friar Fans In Awe of UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I shouldn't post here but,...

They have a couple of fans (Sean, Jay) who always look for an excuse to post here, when that excuse (such as a post like this one) arises they pipe in claiming that we are obsessed with them, talk about how (one or two members of) our fan base always posts on their board and claim that we are in some manner peers and how by no longer having them on our schedule means we are ducking them.

If we don't drop breadcrumbs we won't get any ants.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
628x471.jpg

I love friars.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That's weird. They spent the last 5 yrs talking about how screwed we would be when Coach Calhoun retired...

Us screwed > their best year ever.

Reaction Score
I shouldn't post here but,...

They have a couple of fans (Sean, Jay) who always look for an excuse to post here, when that excuse (such as a post like this one) arises they pipe in claiming that we are obsessed with them, talk about how (one or two members of) our fan base always posts on their board and claim that we are in some manner peers and how by no longer having them on our schedule means we are ducking them.

If we don't drop breadcrumbs we won't get any ants.
Thank you

If we never had another PC thread it would be too soon

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why posters on this board care about PC, but I do understand why their posters are obsessed with UConn.

I noted with a grin a post in which "The Godfather" mentioned the difference between UConn and PC fans. He's the author of an infamous unhinged anti-UConn post that would get trotted out on the PC board every season. The hatred runs very, very deep.

Reaction Score
Some of their fans hate UConn fans because of what some fans, here, say about PC. What they should realize is what their fans say over there is 10x worse. I suppose, in their opinion, it's OK for them to rip UConn, but UConn fans can't rip them.
Anytime you don't make the tourney for 10 years you deserve to get ripped. Plus, this board is more tolerant of their posters coming here, than if UConn posters go there. Two weeks ago one of their frequent posters referred to us as "" because PC defeated" Crate & Barrel" for the NBE title @ MSG. He claimed the Garden was sold out.
If a UConn poster did that over on their board they get banned. Here, he's allowed to speak his mind. Isn't that the American way? Apparently not over there.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why posters on this board care about PC, but I do understand why their posters are obsessed with UConn.

I noted with a grin a post in which "The Godfather" mentioned the difference between UConn and PC fans. He's the author of an infamous unhinged anti-UConn post that would get trotted out on the PC board every season. The hatred runs very, very deep.
I tend to agree, but there are several groups of fans who are insufferable when it comes to the message board forums. Syracuse and Providence come to mind. I know UCONN fans have pointed out in other threads that other fans have been horrible at games, but those 2 stick out to me as irritants on the message boards.

When UCONN enjoys a ridiculous amount of success like we are in the process of doing, I think it's natural to go back and read what the crazy fans are saying. I'm not saying we should have a PC or Syracuse thread every day, but we do have 4 more days till the final 4 so with all the down time, we can only have so many "we are awesome" posts... I think it's harmless fun, and if it's at the expense of our Orange or Friar "friends", I'm happy to get a chuckle out of it...

Reaction Score
No more former BE rival names in thread titles please, this is a UCONN board

Reaction Score
From what I've seen, most of their negative energy is pointed at Uconn fans and their behavior on this board, not the basketball team. If we stopped making threads like this, it would be a non issue. Lets be the bigger man and stop this , we are uconn damnit

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
From what I've seen, most of their negative energy is pointed at Uconn fans and their behavior on this board, not the basketball team. If we stopped making threads like this, it would be a non issue. Lets be the bigger man and stop this , we are uconn damnit

It wouldn't be a non-issue. All it takes is for one PC or SU fan to go to work and hear a single colleague talk about UConn and then "all UConn fans are dbags." This is how it works. Jealousy breeds contempt. Period.

People starting threads on the Yard about other schools (something I don't do) doesn't help, but it's not like those people are going to stop talking about UConn fans are scumbags. The worst are people who live in Connecticut but like another (former or present) Big East team. It's just pure, irrational hatred. Everyone around them likes UConn, they know at least one jerk who's a UConn fan, so "UConn fans are jerks," QED.

Reaction Score

While I agree we need to stop these threads the issue goes way beyond threads like this. They were shutting us out of their site in the 90's because they were just total a**wipes over there. We have no use for most of their fans, they are clueless and jealous, always will be, we took their NE throne and will NEVER relinquish that. A couple decent, knowledgable fans but mostly lost in the world outside of New England basketball…………not worth our time!

Reaction Score
No one mentioned Holy Cross! The only other New England team to win an NCAA tournament title.

Are they in awe??

Reaction Score
I just love how emphatic some of their fans are that Shabazz Napier isn't the best PG in the nation, let alone the best in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom