Free Krispy Kreme today... | The Boneyard

Free Krispy Kreme today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...all you gotta do is talk like a Pirate! (I can't make this stuff up).

So remember there are MULTIPLE Krispy Kreme stores at Mohegan Sun if you go to the Sun game tonight.

Just walk in and talk like a pirate for a free glazed donut.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
makes me wish there was one nearby in san diego!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There are two. One in Chula Vista and one on Clairmont Mesa Blvd.
ow wow thanks! There used to be one in Mission Valley but they closed it. thought they closed all of them in my area!

Reaction Score
The Krispy Kreme in Milford on the Post Road was out of business, last time I looked.

AAAAAAAAaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh!

RobertNewton.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Krispy Kreme in Milford on the Post Road was out of business, last time I looked.

AAAAAAAAaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh!

RobertNewton.jpg
[/SIZEO]

Ahoy! Milford hasn't been the same since a certain Boneyarder left. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I quit eating Krispy Kreme Donuts a few years back (though i did try a few of the Chocolate Topped ones with Cheerwine soda cream inside)...... There is a new Donut Sheriff in the Piedmont Triad area by the name of Donut World :) They had the audacity to set up shop a few blocks up the road from the main KK in town.:eek:

Though I will admit thanks to this thread... next time i pass by KK and if the red light is on... I may stop by and pick up 2 or 6 hot glazed originals.... and of course I will blame it on UCONN fans :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it..... its a better deal to get a dozen than to just stop at 6.... so Ill either get 2 or 12 donuts........and curse the Boneyard while Im at the gym burning the extra calories off.

Reaction Score
I quit eating Krispy Kreme Donuts a few years back (though i did try a few of the Chocolate Topped ones with Cheerwine soda cream inside)...... There is a new Donut Sheriff in the Piedmont Triad area by the name of Donut World :) They had the audacity to set up shop a few blocks up the road from the main KK in town.:eek:

Though I will admit thanks to this thread... next time i pass by KK and if the red light is on... I may stop by and pick up 2 or 6 hot glazed originals.... and of course I will blame it on UCONN fans :rolleyes:

Hot Donuts. That sign is almost impossible to drive by. And if you are walking, forget it.

Reaction Score

Hot is the only way I can eat them. I swear they completely change once they cool and there is something rather unpleasant about them in their room temperature state.

Reaction Score
In honor of National Talk Like a Pirate Day (yes, every September 19th is the annual celebration)...if you have Facebook, change your language to English (Pirate) then take a look at the changes to your page. Amusing and an interesting change of pace.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hot Donuts. That sign is almost impossible to drive by. And if you are walking, forget it.

Walking??? Unfortunately outside of Downtown... and perhaps around the college campuses.... my city doesnt rate very high on the walkability (sp) index ... Actually very few places in the South are...

They had a 24 hour Krispy Kreme close to my house a few years back........ there is nothing like waking up at 3am... hungry for a donuts... and driving a few blocks to pick up three or six.... or 12 doughnuts :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hot is the only way I can eat them. I swear they completely change once they cool and there is something rather unpleasant about them in their room temperature state.

Im not sure when KK arrived outside of North Carolina.... but we were born and raised eating them.. As a kid.... alot of organizations used to sell them as fundraisers........ yes... i prefer the hot glazed.... but ive been known to eat 3 or 7 of them at room temperature. I think my personal record is a dozen in a few minutes

Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme is probably the best glazed doughnut out there right now. However, the all time best no longer exists and I have been unable to find anything that comes close. They are the glazed doughnuts they used to sell at the A & P. Back in 1963, a box of 8 sold for 39 cents and a dozen sold for 53 cents. The same bakery produced the doughnuts served at the New York Word's Fair in 1964-65. A fantastic glazed doughnut.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They had a 24 hour Krispy Kreme close to my house a few years back........ there is nothing like waking up at 3am... hungry for a donuts... and driving a few blocks to pick up three or six.... or 12 doughnuts :D
So, how's your dating going, if you're going out for donuts at 3 AM? :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Though I will admit thanks to this thread... next time i pass by KK and if the red light is on... I may stop by and pick up 2 or 6 hot glazed originals.... and of course I will blame it on UCONN fans :rolleyes:.
A red light in the window signifies hot donuts? I always thought it was something else. :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A red light in the window signifies hot donuts? I always thought it was something else. :)

They just sell you the donuts.

What you do with them, or to them, is up to you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In honor of National Talk Like a Pirate Day (yes, every September 19th is the annual celebration)...if you have Facebook, change your language to English (Pirate) then take a look at the changes to your page. Amusing and an interesting change of pace.
Did that a couple years ago. It was pretty funny. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So, how's your dating going, if you're going out for donuts at 3 AM? :)

Well after being in and out of here a few times.... I'm out for good... and im not going back.....

doghouse_zps82386aff.jpg

things are going much better now :) Hopefully i can turn her into a Duke fan by the beginning of 2013

Those 3am donut runs stopped years ago with the closing of the 24 hour KK near my house.... sadly they were replaced by 3am cheeseburger runs :(

Sounds more like the munchies to me. :cool:

Naw.... Im just a pudgy guy that loves to eat.... regardless of the time of day :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good luck with that. I assume she is NOT a Tar Heel.

Nope, no way... never...... though actually she is the only female i've ever met that I would forgive if she were a Tarheel. :p Actually she works at Wake Forest..... so i guess technically she is a Demon Deacon, though she cares nothing about sports at all. She likes lemon and strawberry donuts.... doesnt care too much for the glazed.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. I assume she is NOT a Tar Heel.
Nope, no way... never...... though actually she is the only female i've ever met that I would forgive if she were a Tarheel. :p Actually she works at Wake Forest..... so i guess technically she is a Demon Deacon, though she cares nothing about sports at all. She likes lemon and strawberry donuts.... doesnt care too much for the glazed.

I don't know how a Georgia Tech and Georgia fan ever find there way to each other let alone marry. The "clean old fashioned hate" can be pretty intense. What is it with those southern schools? So much for the "genteel" south!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom