OT: - Francesa App | The Boneyard

OT: Francesa App

Reaction Score
Starting at midnight you can signup for the Francesa app. 8.99 a month or 99 for the year. You’ll be able to watch his daily show on it. His Sunday NFL show will only be on that. He will have someone doing a college show on Saturdays. And he will also jump on after big games. Also said he’s going to try our younger guys to do some shows. So who’s buying this? I just don’t see it.

Reaction Score
Sad excuse to come back to WFAN. This will be a flop and callers this week expressing great intrest were planted.

Will always have respect for Mike for really playing a role to change AM medium and will always credit him from old CBS days for making me a hoops fan but this whole App thing has been sad. Flop.

Next

Reaction Score
Sad excuse to come back to WFAN. This will be a flop and callers this week expressing great intrest were planted.

Will always have respect for Mike for really playing a role to change AM medium and will always credit him from old CBS days for making me a hoops fan but this whole App thing has been sad. Flop.

Next
I got a feeling the app will become free at some point. Think they are testing the market to see if anyone will actually spend the money

Reaction Score
There is a sucker born every minute but it’s free enterprise and America so no fault of him trying to shill himself.

Reaction Score
Best app evah. Its actually kind of cringe listening to him talk about. It's like when your grandma posts on your Facebook page. On the other hand he makes millions and he's using someone else's money for this so good for him.

He should have just been honest and told everyone he hated being home.

Multiple time poster, long time reader.

Reaction Score
I got a feeling the app will become free at some point. Think they are testing the market to see if anyone will actually spend the money

It’s usually done in reverse. Any idea if there will be advertising via the app? Personally I no longer listen to his show after work. Too many other outlets available.

Reaction Score
It’s usually done in reverse. Any idea if there will be advertising via the app? Personally I no longer listen to his show after work. Too many other outlets available.

I heard there was a free trial but yeah, it should be free and then sell a “premium” version if they can actually get a following.

Reaction Score
Starting at midnight you can signup for the Francesa app. 8.99 a month or 99 for the year. You’ll be able to watch his daily show on it. His Sunday NFL show will only be on that. He will have someone doing a college show on Saturdays. And he will also jump on after big games. Also said he’s going to try our younger guys to do some shows. So who’s buying this? I just don’t see it.
Two points:
Evan Roberts already does a podcast after big games and it's free on the wfan site.

You couldn't pay me 8.99 to listen to his Sunday am football show.

Mike will always be remembered as a pioneer in sports talk radio, but like most pioneers time ha past him by. Ever since Dog left, he has become more arrogant and less prepared than ever before. Listening to Mike is like reading a two day old newspaper.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't he just read ads on the air if he needs money to "pay for" (?) the app (e.g. like Clay Travis on Periscope)? This looks like a big money grab.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't he just read ads on the air if he needs money to "pay for" (?) the app (e.g. like Clay Travis on Periscope)? This looks like a big money grab.

If he had a gambling angle he could get away with it since most "expert" services are outrageously priced. I have no idea if he's an expert, he probably thinks he is, but if he had horse betting predictions, baseball picks, football picks ATS, he could probably survive with $9/month.

Reaction Score
Probably will be advertising. The app is streaming his show video so that will probably have ads.

There is a 2 week free trial supposedly

Reaction Score
If he had a gambling angle he could get away with it since most "expert" services are outrageously priced. I have no idea if he's an expert, he probably thinks he is, but if he had horse betting predictions, baseball picks, football picks ATS, he could probably survive with $9/month.
He is doing that. Said he is having people on every Saturday/Sunday for football picks

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I *might* think about this at $8.99 forever (i.e. purchase app, and be done with it)

8.99 / month? Compared to 9.99 for spotify unlimited and pardora premium? It shows how out-of-touch this pricing is...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Two points:
Evan Roberts already does a podcast after big games and it's free on the wfan site.

You couldn't pay me 8.99 to listen to his Sunday am football show.

Mike will always be remembered as a pioneer in sports talk radio, but like most pioneers time ha past him by. Ever since Dog left, he has become more arrogant and less prepared than ever before. Listening to Mike is like reading a two day old newspaper.

I loved the Sunday morning NFL. Best place for playoff baseball chatter.

He’s going to do a college show after not watching a CFB game for two decades. Hilarious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom