FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page

Reaction Score
BYU has dirty players.

Is it too much to think that the AD and the BOT will go the contract with a fine tooth comb?

And Mormons. Lions & Tigers & Bears - O my

Plus magic underwear

C

Chief00

Kids don’t even get taught the names of the counties in CT anymore! Never mind our history.

Reaction Score
I know that was from a movie
A movie? A movie? A classic. How classic? So classic i never seen the movie but like everyone else knows the line and scene from the movie.

Reaction Score
There are some crazy stories floating from credible people about how many P5 games Fox is influencing/arranging. I just hope part of it will happen. Randy changed his attitude after a meeting with Dave.
Pics or it didn't happen.

No seriously, if you got the goods say so.

Reaction Score
I would hope there is something going on in the background because on its face, the decision is total lunacy. Only abject idiots strand a $100 million investment with no plan... but then again it’s Connecticut.

OK so your current plan has run aground and it's a plan you have no control over. Your time frame for solvency is limited, and taking control of your own future carries great risk with a new partner (that doesn't have a history of screwing you royally). It's more like survivor Island and choosing slow death vs walking to the other side and looking for food and water. This isn't nirvana we're walking away from.

Reaction Score
OK so your current plan has run aground and it's a plan you have no control over. Your time frame for solvency is limited, and taking control of your own future carries great risk with a new partner (that doesn't have a history of screwing you royally). It's more like survivor Island and choosing slow death vs walking to the other side and looking for food and water. This isn't nirvana we're walking away from.
I really think if the AAC ESPN deal came in at 10 million, we are not here. At 7 million for 12 years, thats 36 million less than what was needed for us to stay in the AAC. That's too much money to leave on the table. Sorry P6.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I really think if the AAC ESPN deal came in at 10 million, we are not here. At 7 million for 12 years, thats 36 million less than what was needed for us to stay in the AAC. That's too much money to leave on the table. Sorry P6.

if they gave the women’s program a navy fb deal they would be in the aac. that simple. that was the last straw.

Reaction Score
I get your point, however, take a look at the UConn budget and you’ll quickly find football isn’t the problem. The nearly 1 billion in salaries and fringe benefits are breaking the bank coupled with state subsidy “decreases”.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
this is either the worst post ever or the best post ever.

we’ll never know.

chief is like that riddle where there is a fork in the road and there are two people that can tell you the right way to go - one always lies and one always tells the truth and you can only ask one question.

I'm still laughing at this post! Classic!

I'm now going to refer to Chief as "The Riddler"...

Reaction Score
UConn's football team has exactly zero broadcast value. Why is Fox going to put them on the air? Fox certainly didn't need any sweeteners to convince UConn to move.

There isn't going to be any Fox rescue.
Fox is very skilled at making money off of anything. I would not minimize the fact that part of CT is in the New York City metro area TV market.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tried to PM you Whaler

The Man thinks it’s too dangerous if people can reach me directly.

If you were gonna tell me Chief is 85 - I knew that already ;).

Reaction Score
The Man thinks it’s too dangerous if people can reach me directly.

If you were gonna tell me Chief is 85 - I knew that already ;).
Hahaha
Nah, no shame in publicly admitting that I do appreciate your perspectives on this board and the balance you bring. I don’t always agree with you but admire your conviction. You are very knowledgeable of all things UConn and that’s appreciated.
I know we’ve had conflict in the past and I apologize for any part I’ve taken in contributing.
Not asking to be buddies just wanted to get that out the way and continue enjoying the Yard.
Peace out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom