Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Hope UConn loosens their academic acceptance for about 8 players a year.
We can’t act like Notre Dame when it comes to recruiting.
Let’s make a real run at this and be more like Boise St or Kansas St in recruiting.

Schools will want to play and team like that in the NY market

With Suzy "I like the Ivy League" Herbst gone, this might be possible.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what crazy stunt did Liberty and NMS pull?
They're playing each other 4 times in 2 years since they can't fill out an Indy schedule. Basically like a basketball H/H, a few weeks apart.

Reaction Score
That guy needs to step away from the crack pipe.
Maybe it’s not so crazy. UConn fills a spot with a reduced revenue share and gets the extra revenue bump for adding a team. Our revenue share could be $10 Million and the standard member revenue share is 34.3 Million. So, the conference wins and we win.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s not so crazy. UConn fills a spot with a reduced revenue share and gets the extra revenue bump for adding a team. Our revenue share could be $10 Million and the standard member revenue share is 34.3 Million. So, the conference wins and we win.
No its crazy. The worst football team in the history of the sport is not getting promoted to backfill the Big XII. This is just some random twitter user's stupid thought.

Reaction Score
Is that the game where Diaco went for it on 4th and goal from his 18 in the 1st quarter or something like that?
I was there. What a disaster that game was.
Biggest bafoon in CFB history?
It's crazy. Diaco interviewed at BC after the 2012 season. Lot of folks really wanted him but the word was he interviewed terribly. Many took that as just the AD not hiring the right guy and wanting cover. As it turned out, it was totally plausible that he interviewed like a lunatic.

Reaction Score
It's crazy. Diaco interviewed at BC after the 2012 season. Lot of folks really wanted him but the word was he interviewed terribly. Many took that as just the AD not hiring the right guy and wanting cover. As it turned out, it was totally plausible that he interviewed like a lunatic.

This isn’t that simple. ( you are the school who hired Spaziano)

Disco Diaco talked a good game. He really does. Some would say he’s crazed (me) ... some liked the flair.

I think we can see he had no sense of CEO of a Northeastern Program. A priori (see I threw in Latin for our BC friend) you had no way of knowing. Safe? Hire a guy who’s been a HC & see his history.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This isn’t that simple. ( you are the school who hired Spaziano)

Disco Diaco talked a good game. He really does. Some would say he’s crazed (me) ... some liked the flair.

I think we can see he had no sense of CEO of a Northeastern Program. A priori (see I threw in Latin for our BC friend) you had no way of knowing. Safe? Hire a guy who’s been a HC & see his history.

I heard the same story about Diaco's BC interview from someone with a friend in the BC athletic department at the time. They used the word "surreal" to describe the interview. Apparently word of the interview had leaked pretty broadly, and BC was shocked that UConn hired Diaco anyway.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
http://adimeback.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Big-East-Agreement-06.26.19.pdf

Item 1(b) specifically precludes us from putting football in a power conference. We'd have to leave entirely and pay the exit fee to do so. So no we're definitely not going to the B12 for just football lol
You read that wrong. It specifically allows us to discuss joining a power conference. And only applies until the entrance date.

3003DFAC-97F9-42A7-8D8F-CFBE529FF7DD.jpeg

Thereafter:

@Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1 hour ago
Despite being married to a lawyer, I'm not fluent in legalese, but I think the UConn-Big East deal states the withdrawal fee is $30 million from acceptance thru year 6 ...

@Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1 hour ago
$15 million from year 7 thru year 9 and $10 million after the start of year 10 of membership.

Not that Tuxedo Yoda has a clue...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
You read that wrong. It specifically allows us to discuss joining a power conference. And only applies until the entrance date.
Re-read it... it says "other than" any of those conferences. So we can talk to any other conference not listed (the non P-5) about football.

And you're right it says we can't talk to them until our entrance date, so not sure if that means on July 1, 2020 we can talk to BIg12 about football only. I haven't seen the other provisions yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Let’s take 2-4M and call it a day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. The financials are going to be better. I have no doubt about that.
What's guess, without prejudice, Whaler? As much as pains me to say it, your instincts are pretty good particularly when the available info is sketchy.

CL82

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score

SMH

I want to think about the media rights agreement as well. It sure looks like a grant of rights, except that it is non-exclusive.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That’s it though. They can’t sell fewer tickets than they are going to sell in 2019.

If you sell zero tickets for the AAC and sell zero tickets for Indy football - the net impact is zero.

They would sell more tickets playing a best of 13 series with UMass than they would sell losing 57-7 to Temple.

Ticket sales won’t dip below whatever they are for 2019 because whatever morons are still going will go no matter what. We’ve witnessed what our total rock bottom baseline is, and we won’t do worse because we play Liberty rather than Tulane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom