Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window

Reaction Score
I edited...the "waning" is a recent phenom and may not persist...

Big names and big brands bring watchers...UConn vs UNC would be huge,,,

Reaction Score
Super Conferrnces may be new to football. It the Old Big East had 16 teams
in 2011 they got 10 bids
and racked up 25 Units which is still a record
With the demise of the PAC . i suspect the expanded P conferences will pick up a bid or two as no auto bids have been added these Bids will by default go to power conferences
These major Conferences guys are long on BS short on facts
PAC Bids

Reaction Score
2011 wasn't the earner for the Big East that it could have been...the conference got in a lot of teams (11)... but 2009 was the year that the BE earned 24 Units.

"The conference that placed a record 11 teams into the 64-team field ended up with only two -- Marquette and UConn -- among the last 16."

The ACC holds the current record of 25 units....according to my search....2016

Reaction Score
2011 wasn't the earner for the Big East that it could have been...the conference got in a lot of teams (11)... but 2009 was the year that the BE earned 24 Units.

"The conference that placed a record 11 teams into the 64-team field ended up with only two -- Marquette and UConn -- among the last 16."

The ACC holds the current record of 25 units....according to my search....2016
That’s irrelevant to my point which is:
There is precedent is for a bigger conference getting more bids
it’s almost inevitable. as the PAC who averaged 4 goes out of existence. 80% of the conferences are 1 bid which won’t change so their 4 or 5 bids will most likely go to Big 12 and B1G. almost by default.
Yes the ACC expanded to 15 teams by raiding the old Big East and got 9 in twice .
They picked up 2 over their previous high.
If basketball hadn’t tanked in the ACC they could easily get 10.
So if the number of power teams is really unchanged why the pressing need to expand the tournament. That’s simply BS
Im on record as saying the NCAA pool is a disgrace and participants should get a bigger share . That helps both the bigger and smaller conferences but by a percentage of revenue increase it helps the smaller conferences compete.

Reaction Score
That’s irrelevant to my point which is:
There is precedent is for a bigger conference getting more bids
it’s almost inevitable. as the PAC who averaged 4 goes out of existence. 80% of the conferences are 1 bid which won’t change so their 4 or 5 bids will most likely go to Big 12 and B1G. almost by default.
Yes the ACC expanded to 15 teams by raiding the old Big East and got 9 in twice .
They picked up 2 over their previous high.
If basketball hadn’t tanked in the ACC they could easily get 10.
So if the number of power teams is really unchanged why the pressing need to expand the tournament. That’s simply BS
Im on record as saying the NCAA pool is a disgrace and participants should get a bigger share . That helps both the bigger and smaller conferences but by a percentage of revenue increase it helps the smaller conferences compete.

Just thought that facts are facts and stats should be correct...didn't comment on your "point"...

Reaction Score
Bingo, the push for 96 was always a power conference push. Who do you think gets those bids? 75% of them will go to power schools.

Reaction Score
Nelson will be ecstatic once UConn's athletic department is whittled down to proper Seton Hall or Providence size.
Nelson frequently lies about the state of affairs to meet what I can only believe is some sort of personal need. He's making up people who don't exist.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems like once they are done with football they will get around to tinkering with the BB tournament. Perhaps what we will see is a field of 96 with 32 playing teams playing 16 games on Tuesday. Four more games in each bracket (another full day of TV and ticket sales).

I think the conference winners/auto bids should win the right for an auto bye on the play in game. Not sure that can always lead to "fair" seeding however. And yes, most of these 32 expanded seats will be going to power conferences by default. Maybe the little guys will be able to successfully argue that the expanded seats should have a min win % to help cut down on the nonsense of a 17-14 middling SEC school winning out over a 5 loss second place A10 school.

I used to be highly dismissive of an expanded tournament, now after what they did with football, it just seems like a no brainer.

The brain teaser here might be how to structure the seeds. Off the cuff, maybe the play in games should always be for the 8, 9, 10 and 11 seeds.

Reaction Score

“The Fox deal is set to expire next year, but Ackerman said on Friday that she expects to have details on a new television contract soon.”

The big east is special..I hope we never leave it

Reaction Score
One thing I think conference realignment has shown is it’s better to keep rivals with you rather then try and keep them out. Let’s ask BC how being New Englands team is doing? Oh you haven’t won Sh….t being in the Acc. With no natural rivals.

Reaction Score
One thing I think conference realignment has shown is it’s better to keep rivals with you rather then try and keep them out. Let’s ask BC how being New Englands team is doing? Oh you haven’t won Sh….t being in the Acc. With no natural rivals.
I think sadly football is not in a situation to be choosy but I would agree on the general meta of this. Putting yourself in somebody else's world does not work out.

Reaction Score
A New England team in a southern league…we know how that feels

Reaction Score
Cool.

You should see the recent NBA finals ratings.
The side of that story: that was the most watched basketball game of any level over the previous 365 days. In fact, our game against Miami was third, just behind a Lebron playoff game.

Reaction Score
Getting 3 teams in the tournament (as unfair as it was) will not help negotiations.

Reaction Score
Getting 3 teams in the tournament (as unfair as it was) will not help negotiations.
It seems like all the negotiations are done and we are just waiting for a announcement

Reaction Score

I think that maybe we have been seeing "the pivot" as it snuck up...

Three of the last 6 ncaat tourneys, the SEC has gotten 8 bids.

Four of the last 5 the big ten has gotten 8 or 9 bids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom