Formula for success this season | The Boneyard

Formula for success this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I say we start Brimah, Facey, Purvis, Vital, Adams.... With Durham, VJax, Enoch to be a part of the rotation.

We need the Purvis from last night to step up offensively as a SR.. Lead by example... Brimah needs to be our defensive stopper in the middle plain and simple... forget about scoring unless he gets an obvious scoring opportunity (i.e. a putback dunk, obvious post move opportunity, and one of those midrange alley oops).. Keep Facey crashing the boards.. Get Durham into the offensive rotation at the midrange level and keep VJax outside by the 3 point line.. Enoch needs to spell Facey and Brimah, get a little tougher on the glass and/or get him some touches in the paint on the offensive end to use that soft touch.. The backcourt will come around.

WE woke up last night.. Adversity was against us but we pulled together. Honestly, the way we've played this season so far, I didn't see that coming. I thought for sure Syracuse would beat us. Glad I was wrong.

We are starting to turn the corner.

Reaction Score
i have been thinking this since last night, but we arent going to beat other teams by playing their game. if we wanna win we have to play ours, be tough on defense and "out tough" the other team. we cant put up 90 on any given night, so we have to just be tough and play great D. i think so anyway

Reaction Score
I say we start Brimah, Facey, Purvis, Vital, Adams.... With Durham, VJax, Enoch to be a part of the rotation.

We need the Purvis from last night to step up offensively as a SR.. Lead by example... Brimah needs to be our defensive stopper in the middle plain and simple... forget about scoring unless he gets an obvious scoring opportunity (i.e. a putback dunk, obvious post move opportunity, and one of those midrange alley oops).. Keep Facey crashing the boards.. Get Durham into the offensive rotation at the midrange level and keep VJax outside by the 3 point line.. Enoch needs to spell Facey and Brimah, get a little tougher on the glass and/or get him some touches in the paint on the offensive end to use that soft touch.. The backcourt will come around.

WE woke up last night.. Adversity was against us but we pulled together. Honestly, the way we've played this season so far, I didn't see that coming. I thought for sure Syracuse would beat us. Glad I was wrong.

We are starting to turn the corner.
'We are starting to turn the corner" ? Proud of the D and the effort but really? It was 23-21 at halftime. But in case you haven't noticed this is how we shoot the basketball and the only way it could be worse would be if we were shooting by Braille. Forget the conditioning coach, get us a shooting one.

Reaction Score
Less stupid possessions wasted. Rodney ahead of the field only to lose it, Rodney with an open 10 footer trying got zip the ball to Jalen under the basket who was in trouble even if they completed it, Jalen dribbling the ball w/o protecting it as well as the dumbest ever alley oop to Rodney during the comeback, the lob in bounds play to no one, the Brimah catch 4 feet from the basket but has to think?

I mean they need to be smarter, especially if they can't make a ton of shots every possession needs to be THE possession.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's the same formula that the sane folks identified the moment DHam declared: We need to crash the hell out of the defensive boards, and we need Adams to be the type of PG who can get his teammates open looks.

We're off to a rough start, but I'd nonetheless submit we've seen significant improvements in both of these areas over the past month. If that trajectory continues into March we'll have a shot at winning the AAC tourney and sneaking into the dance. If we come up short, we're likely an NIT team at best.

Reaction Score
The front court (4-5) had a great game by everyone's observations and they had a total of 13 points & 13 rebs. That's pretty poor, but pretty much their high water mark until Durham becomes more assertive and gets more minutes. Also, same with SE to get more consistent, he has offensive skills. Need to really get 20 & 20+ from this group.

There are like 2 talented offensive players on the team, so where will the points come from consistently? Need RP & JA, hugely inconsistent players to be consistent, probably combine for 40+ points/night,

Lastly, no idea CV & VJ. Both are awful shooters, Vance 28% and CV 31%. Last night a combined 46 minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 TOs and 2 steals. I think a line of 15, 6, 6 is more of a goal.

So maybe that gets them into the 70s and can be a goal for staying in games.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Play defense like last night and Purvis and Jalen have to each score at least 15 per game

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
get the orange round thing to go through the hoopy thing.
And get the hoopy thing to put a lid on the other teams shots.

Reaction Score
Didn't count VJ in 4-5, though he played some since Durham-AB-SE-KF played a total of 76 mins out of 80 for the 2 positions

Yes, off on rebound count, KF was great

Need more consistent scoring from this group, take some pressure off of JA & RP at times

Our bigs combined for 21 rebounds, not 13. 22 if you count Jackson.

Reaction Score
Think its to focus on defense, become a top 10 defense and run through the aac tourney. Purvis played very motivated defense last night, better than he had all season. So that, and two other things ; consistency from facey, and better shooting from vital/jackson. everyone knows their role on this team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's the same formula that the sane folks identified the moment DHam declared: We need to crash the hell out of the defensive boards, and we need Adams to be the type of PG who can get his teammates open looks.

We're off to a rough start, but I'd nonetheless submit we've seen significant improvements in both of these areas over the past month. If that trajectory continues into March we'll have a shot at winning the AAC tourney and sneaking into the dance. If we come up short, we're likely an NIT team at best.

Also funny is that many people on here have been saying we absolutely CANNOT start Facey and Brimah at the same time...It's a death sentence, etc. So, I dunno if we settled on anything as a group.

If Facey can grab 13 boards every game, we're on our way!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also funny is that many people on here have been saying we absolutely CANNOT start Facey and Brimah at the same time...It's a death sentence, etc. So, I dunno if we settled on anything.

If Facey can grab 13 boards every game, we're on our way!
Facey made me eat crow, but i also think a lot of that clamoring was when we had larrier AND gilbert. Right now nobody can say anything about rotations, ollie has to just go with what he has, he does't have the luxury of 'going small'. Facey should play like he did vs cuse every game honestly, he is a grown ass man, think he is like 23. him playing like that changes the entire outlook of the team.

Reaction Score
Stop sucking at the free throw line. Gotta be 5-7 pets a game lost there

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Do not lose to Wagner or Northeastern. Classic trap games.

Reaction Score
Cider
Cider
Cider
Whiskey

Seems to work well.
Well things are getting better because after the Northeastern game it was
Whiskey
Whiskey
Whiskey
Cider
Whiskey

Reaction Score
We need to sit one of Brimah or Facey down, and start VJax. Ollie teams are better when they are small. Adams is our only semi-consistent offensive weapon, and sticking those two in the starting lineup with him fills the lane, and allows teams to collapse (and Adams isn't a great shooter anyway). We need to help him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom