OT: - Former Huskies in NBA preseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Former Huskies in NBA preseason

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
where are cord cutters able to watch these games?

Reaction Score
His Bucks jersey for sale yet? Will be my first purchase in a while

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch either game but it’s great to see Andre playing aggressive. Even last year, he was more athletic than most players in the league. He’s getting to use that to his advantage with NBA spacing and it’s paying off very well. He still will need to become a better shooter to continue this success into the regular season and long term, but I think he’s already outperforming expectations

Box score indicates another summer league like game for Hawkins. Really needs to be stressed that he excels in catch and shoot. Once he has to put the ball on the floor, he really struggles.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn’t watch either game but it’s great to see Andre playing aggressive. Even last year, he was more athletic than most players in the league. He’s getting to use that to his advantage with NBA spacing and it’s paying off very well. He still will need to become a better shooter to continue this success into the regular season and long term, but I think he’s already outperforming expectations

Box score indicates another summer league like game for Hawkins. Really needs to be stressed that he excels in catch and shoot. Once he has to put the ball on the floor, he really struggles.
He’s playing well after only putting up 2 3s in 2 games.

The perfect comp for how he can succeed is Bruce Brown from when he was on the Nets. He looks like he’s been working on finishing at the rim and drives which I love to see. It’s taking advantage of the best part of his game, his athleticism.

Andre just needs to keep focusing on what he’s good at for the time being. Trying to become a knockdown three point shooter is what hurt him here.

The spacing in the NBA definitely helps him take advantage of his athleticism more. Giannas mentoring him on how to attack the rim is actually perfect for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It will play a small part

Obviously the on-court play is the biggest factor. Couple that with his off-court antics and things aren't looking good to start. Add in the second injury to this knee and missing the first couple months of the season....Yeah, things aren't looking good for Bouk.

Reaction Score
Feels like this could be the end of his NBA career, unfortunately.
A career that never really got started - only played in 65 games. Too much and too soon for him - needed more time in college. Lacked maturity on many fronts. Too frail in a man's game. We'll be seeing him on the Oslo Otters in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
I'm really happy to say that I couldn't have been more wrong in my belief that Andre would struggle against NBA level competition

Reaction Score
A career that never really got started - only played in 65 games. Too much and too soon for him - needed more time in college. Lacked maturity on many fronts. Too frail in a man's game. We'll be seeing him on the Oslo Otters in a couple of years.
Wizard Of Oz GIF

post/handle

Reaction Score

I know that some people (not you, hopefully) are giddy that Bouknight went early and flamed out. Frankly, I'm not convinced staying another year would have helped. He could have gotten injured again, been drafted much lower, etc.

NBA teams also can provide more structure than UConn can. Shoot, isn't it GSW that has a flippin' bed time? It's not like he was staying out of trouble here either.

At the end of the day, he'll end up 12 million-ish richer. If he's smart he'll never work again.

Reaction Score
I know that some people (not you, hopefully) are giddy that Bouknight went early and flamed out. Frankly, I'm not convinced staying another year would have helped. He could have gotten injured again, been drafted much lower, etc.

NBA teams also can provide more structure than UConn can. Shoot, isn't it GSW that has a flippin' bed time? It's not like he was staying out of trouble here either.

At the end of the day, he'll end up 12 million-ish richer. If he's smart he'll never work again.
Not giddy or depressed. Just stating the facts. There are plenty like him that flame out. Yes, he signed for 12 million but that is before taxes which takes at least 40%. Take out the agent fees and other handlers and hanger on's. We're down to 4 to 5 million without the normal trappings of high priced autos and such. It goes fast. No exactly a lot to live on for 40+ more years. That's 100.0 to 125.0 grand per year.

Reaction Score

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the chances of him being "smart" with his money are as good as the chances of him having a lengthy NBA career. He had a golden opportunity and appears to have blown it. Who knows why but now he has to figure out life as a washed up ball player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the chances of him being "smart" with his money are as good as the chances of him having a lengthy NBA career. He had a golden opportunity and appears to have blown it. Who knows why but now he has to figure out life as a washed up ball player.
I mean most likely he’ll go overseas and still make around a million a year to play ball.

His NBA career might be in trouble but there’s other places in the world to make good money playing basketball still.

Reaction Score
Not giddy or depressed. Just stating the facts. There are plenty like him that flame out. Yes, he signed for 12 million but that is before taxes which takes at least 40%. Take out the agent fees and other handlers and hanger on's. We're down to 4 to 5 million without the normal trappings of high priced autos and such. It goes fast. No exactly a lot to live on for 40+ more years. That's 100.0 to 125.0 grand per year.
And what exactly would another year in college have done? The problem is that what he could use to dominate in college wasn't enough to succeed in the NBA and that wasn't going to change if he came back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom