Forget Memphis"s backcourt. | The Boneyard

Forget Memphis"s backcourt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vitale and his butt buddy shulman are automatic mutes. Why must espn continue this torture ?

Reaction Score
It's amazing how much it opens up the offense when you actually have more than two guys on the court at a given time capable of taking more than two dribbles without turning it over.

Meanwhile, 64-63 Louisville with a little over three to play.

Reaction Score
70-67 Memphis now with under 40 seconds.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Nice win for Memphis.

As per the Ville, even before Behanan got dismissed there were quite a few question marks. Reminds me a lot of the 2000 UConn team.

Reaction Score
Pastner isn't the best coach in the world but it's hard not to root for the guy. He just exudes passion.

Anyway, don't look now, but L'Ville is halfway through the season and they don't have a single quality win on their resume. Just how long can they skirt by on talent? The game on the 18th might be as big for them as it is for us.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Important win for us. Ville and Memphis both have home court losses now.

Reaction Score
Important win for us. Ville and Memphis both have home court losses now.
Didn't think of it like that but very true. I was almost rooting for ville so they could keep a high rank, but this ensures both stay in top25.

caw

Reaction Score
UL has Harrell down low and nobody else. The loss of Behanan really hurt a team already struggling to replace Dieng.

In backcourt, Russ is going to be Russ but Chris Jones is no Siva.

Their transfer (evil, evil transfers) was easily their best player again.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Cincy, Louisville, UConn, SMU

One of these teams is going to feel very bummed at being squeezed out of the tourney.

Hope it's not UConn.

Reaction Score

One of these teams is going to feel very bummed at being squeezed out of the tourney.

Hope it's not UConn.

Hope it's Louisville.

Reaction Score

Hope it's not UConn.

It would take a complete collapse for Memphis to miss the tourney given they've already notched wins away from home against Oklahoma State, LSU, and Louisville.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

Hope it's not UConn.

Memphis has a neutral site win over Ok State and now a road win over Louisville to go with a top 20 RPI. I would say they are going to make the tournament solidly. Also remember the conference tournament is on their home floor.

Cincinnati has 6 top 100 RPI wins including a road win over Memphis, home win vs NC State and neutral site win over Pittsburgh. RPI is currently in the top 20. Cincinnati might just end up winning the league (which is way more than I expected, I thought bubble team). However, the schedule is back loaded...I would say another injury or something occurs and UC could stumble but at this point they are pretty solidly in.

Among the remaining 3, UConn currently has the advantage because of the good OOC wins over Florida and Harvard plus the wins over fellow bubblish teams Maryland & Indiana. Neither SMU or Louisville have an OOC win as good as the Florida win...in fact neither have anything at all. Louisville is in especially big trouble as their best win to date is over RPI-manipulator Southern Miss (they just play a bunch of bad teams on the road/neutral sites and play DII opponents that don't count against the RPI).

The two Louisville/SMU, Louisville/UConn and the one UConn/SMU games very well could determine NCAA at-large bids. Also, the 4th and 5th place teams are going to play the first game of the conference tournament and it could easily be a rematch for a 3rd time with two of those three...

Reaction Score
Yeah Louisville is in a lot more trouble than UConn.

I think "a lot" is strong. Louisville's worst loss is Carolina, who's around 50 in the RPI. Houston is 210. Before the loss to Memphis, Lunardi - and say what you want about him but he's usually not too far off - has UConn as an 8 and Louisville as a 5.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think "a lot" is strong. Louisville's worst loss is Carolina, who's around 50 in the RPI. Houston is 210. Before the loss to Memphis, Lunardi - and say what you want about him but he's usually not too far off - has UConn as an 8 and Louisville as a 5.

Lunardi nails the bracket. The AAC isn't going to help Louisville and they really don't have a good team or OOC resume. UConn can overcome some bad AAC losses, Louisville can't.

In the end both probably make the tourney, but I think it's more likely that Louisville is out.

Reaction Score
Yeah Louisville is in a lot more trouble than UConn.

Only if we beat them and have a winning record against Ville, Memphis, smu snd cinny. The way we are playing concerns me.

Reaction Score
UL has Harrell down low and nobody else. The loss of Behanan really hurt a team already struggling to replace Dieng.

In backcourt, Russ is going to be Russ but Chris Jones is no Siva.

Their transfer (evil, evil transfers) was easily their best player again.

Van Treese plays tougher than most of our guys so I'd take him……good news is they are lucky to be 8-9 deep. Jones is not very good but when he is you hope you're not on the other side, and if he and Smith catch lightning same game - huge trouble!

UConn can handle LVille if they play hard but Memphis is another story, the match ups suck across the board!

Reaction Score
What's UConn's magic number for wins? Amore for example thinks 11 more wins will be good enough because it gets them to 23 wins and they should still have a solid RPI (currently 31). Certainly they need to beat some of the big boys in this league. If we just hold serve at home for instance, there are 9 wins right there. Beat Temple, UCF, USF, Rutgers on the road now you are 13. Steal another one on the road and you have 14, and a total of 26 wins heading in the conference tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom