Foreshadowing Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Foreshadowing Sunday

Reaction Score
Right now our coaches are preparing to do an all nighter for tomorrow’s practice and run through. The team will be as prepared as possible and Hurley will refocus the defensive intensity we had in the first half today. Then we let it happen and the chips fall. It’s all that can be done but our team is not going to mail it in.
Who suggested we may mail it in?

Reaction Score
I was there in the 200s and we had a few good chants. It was a blowout. What do you expect?

That being said we need to bring it to beat those Midwest nerds Sunday

Reaction Score
Who suggested we may mail it in?
Hurley I think wasn't thrilled with parts of the second half but the team will not mail anything in, but any team can lose focus. Easy to do when up so much.

caw

Reaction Score
As someone who is AT the game on Friday. It is NOT a UConn crowd. Anyone who thinks we will have an automatic pro-UConn crowd Sunday is wrong. It will be 3v1 (Duke/Wisco/NW vs us). Buy tickets now.

Well perhaps not Wisconsin fans. How’s the JMU crowd?

Reaction Score
CBS covering Brooklyn. Sunday they’ll likely have the feature spot at 12:20. If Wisconsin wins, Duke / Wisconsin will be first and we’ll be 2:50 or so. The if JMU wins. We’ll have the 12:20 feature spot against NW.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
CBS covering Brooklyn. Sunday they’ll likely have the feature spot at 12:20. If Wisconsin wins, Duke / Wisconsin will be first and we’ll be 2:50 or so. The if JMU wins. We’ll have the 12:20 feature spot against NW.
Good points

Reaction Score
I think it will be NU fans against an overwhelming UConn fan base. The other spectators will just be in awe. I mean, they're not even in our bracket. They'll just be Oohing and Aahing and appreciating that which they have never seen before.

Reaction Score
I think it will be NU fans against an overwhelming UConn fan base. The other spectators will just be in awe. I mean, they're not even in our bracket. They'll just be Oohing and Aahing and appreciating that which they have never seen before.
There's no way Duke fans don't actively root against UConn. If we take the crown, we move ahead of them for overall natties.

Reaction Score
Who was gonna take a day off to watch UConn win by 50. This weekend will be a much better showing and if we make it to Boston I suspect it will be 80% UConn fans.
It won't be 80% on Thursday with 4 teams. If we make it to Saturday, then it will be a huge UConn crowd. Similar to 2014 at MSG.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My DirectTV Stream guide has the game up as 7 pm Sunday on TBS
Still listed as 7:30, moved over to Tru channel. I realized that DirectTV is AT&T , a big sponsor, hence the probable reason why they were accurate with the early announcement of the tip off time.

Reaction Score
Even if the entire arena was against UConn, so what? The next round shouldn't be a struggle.

Correct. Don't fight the UConn trend line. They are in motion in a straight line while opponents can't overcome their own inertia until it's too late. Opponents become like fast cars stuck in traffic. Except for Kansas it has nothing to do with home field advantage.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Duke fans leave (after losing) before our game and we don't have to deal with them rooting against us.
8pm on a Sunday night in Brooklyn....can't imagaine too many people sticking around just for spite.

Reaction Score
7:45 on TruTV. Second game of the double header.

Reaction Score
There's no way Duke fans don't actively root against UConn. If we take the crown, we move ahead of them for overall natties.
Or maybe Dook hates us for taking the 1999 title from their 'sure thing' team and also snatching a victory from jaws of defeat over them in the 2004 final four.
We are natural enemies in the wild.

I would never want their stupid fans meekly hopping up & down for the Huskies like Samson Johnson on a broken pogo stick.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
8pm on a Sunday night in Brooklyn....can't imagaine too many people sticking around just for spite.
They will trickle away before the 2nd half, and it will be just us and NW fans mostly.

Reaction Score
7:45 on TruTV. Second game of the double header.
Yep. Wrong on every count of my “analysis”. Thought TV would feature defending champs and top seed but instead burying our game anticipating it to be non-competitive. Not a great Sunday tip time for those of us that are going to the game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Or maybe Dook hates us for taking the 1999 title from their 'sure thing' team and also snatching a victory from jaws of defeat over them in the 2004 final four.
We are natural enemies in the wild.

I would never want their stupid fans meekly hopping up & down for the Huskies like Samson Johnson on a broken pogo stick.
I have run into a few Duke fans over the years and they truly believe that we "stole" those two titles from them. I responded to a couple of them that the only titles that were "stolen" were titles that they won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom