For you MSGers: Video of Adams foul call and KO tech | Page 4 | The Boneyard

For you MSGers: Video of Adams foul call and KO tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is a really astute way to put it. The refs know that they don't have to worry about getting an earful if they make a bad call against us, so they don't think twice about swallowing the whistle when our guys drive into opposing bigs.

It's something I've noticed for the last 2-3 years -- our guards almost never get foul calls in their favor on drives to the rim. I thought it had to do with our guards being really undersized (Bazz, Boat), but it's continued this year even with more physical guys. Now I think it has a lot to do with Ollie putting up with it.

It does, but in fairness KO for a second. JC is on the Mount Rushmore of Ref working along with K, Bobby Knight and maybe Boewhine. He outworked K in the Final Four twice and K is a damn fine ref worker. We got spoiled with the best ever.

Reaction Score
IMO, as long as we're not in a p5 conference, at any neutral site, we won't get the calls, during the Baca tourney, it will be different, but dook, Maryland, kentucky, and most others will get the advantage with Ricky tack bull shiat like this.

Reaction Score
That was excellent defense on Adams part; as you are taught. Melo Trimble has no right to run through Adams for the position on the other side of the in-bounder. Trimble initiated the contact; Trimble used his left arm to change both their positions. That certainly is not a foul on Adams.
I'm with you on that. The call was right in front of us. If Adams doesn't throw up his arms after the contact then I bet there wouldn't have been a call at all. Trimble uses his arm to shed Adams and that's a foul on Adams? That's either an offensive foul or no call on incidental contact. Not sure why that's a foul on Adams.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Clearly looks like a push-0ff on Trimble....but he got rewarded with other similar calls at several other occasions (key foul on Amida comes to mind when Melo through his elbow into AB's chest and drew an and one)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Like Chris Dailey has had to do repeatedly for Geno. Knowing Miller, he just isn't that type of person.

Ricky could get Ollie's ass back on the bench in a second. Come to think of it, they should have Ricky in the ref's ears all night. That would put the fear of god in them. And KO could do his Mr Rogers routine with no repercussions.

Reaction Score
That was excellent defense on Adams part; as you are taught. Melo Trimble has no right to run through Adams for the position on the other side of the in-bounder. Trimble initiated the contact; Trimble used his left arm to change both their positions. That certainly is not a foul on Adams.
I'm with you on that. The call was right in front of us. If Adams doesn't throw up his arms after the contact then I bet there wouldn't have been a call at all. Trimble uses his arm to shed Adams and that's a foul on Adams? That's either an offensive foul or no call on incidental contact. Not sure why that's a foul on Adams.

Melo can run past Adams, and he can run through Adams' extended perpendicular arms as they are not protected by verticality if they are extended forward. Which is what happened on that play, as he didn't run through any part of Adams' body. He "removed" Adams' hands from his path after his movement was impeded by Adams' arms (which is why some of you are calling for an offensive foul), but Adams' foul was first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom