For those interested, good synopsis of kids Tennessee is after... | The Boneyard

For those interested, good synopsis of kids Tennessee is after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the article talking about Morgan Tuck helping out Janna Tucker, the 2nd half of the article talked about the kids who will be visiting Tennessee soon... The word is they are also back on Kaela Davis' list as well. There may be others - obviously we don't have access to their message board any longer unless we are willing to pay for it.

Post player Kendall Cooper is expected to visit next week. Center Mercedes Russell, forward Emmonnie Henderson and guards Tyler Scaife and Jordan Reynolds are expected the weekend of Oct. 20. All of the aforementioned players are ranked among the top 42 prospects for the Class of 2013 by ESPN HoopGurlz. Russell is No. 1, Scaife is No. 9 and Cooper is No. 12.

Guards Linnae Harper (No. 5) and Rebekah Dahlman (No. 16) also are expected on campus during the fall. Meanwhile, Tennessee is no longer in the running for guard Rebecca Greenwell (No. 6), who will choose between Notre Dame and Duke.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
As long as they don't get Scaife. :p

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well are there any lists who is looking at Tenn? I know on the Boneyard many posters are looking at Tenn. Is Tenn recruiting Eric and Doggy??? Who came up with this list of players theyre looking at? Are the players looking at Tenn? This sounds like a comedian and in LA alot of comedians are pumping gas.

Reaction Score
In the article talking about Morgan Tuck helping out Janna Tucker, the 2nd half of the article talked about the kids who will be visiting Tennessee soon... The word is they are also back on Kaela Davis' list as well...
Not from that article they're not.

VolNation, the demilitarized zone for Tennessee wcbb, vigorously denies Davis is still looking at Tennessee. And vice versa.

Reaction Score
I know they aren't looking for Eric or DD, but they secretly covet Wonkster.
PLEASE!! I'd prefer to tone down the publicity until the contract is signed. Otherwise, HuskyNan is likely to swoop in and claim an agent's fee for the deal.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well are there any lists who is looking at Tenn? I know on the Boneyard many posters are looking at Tenn. Is Tenn recruiting Eric and Doggy??? Who came up with this list of players theyre looking at? Are the players looking at Tenn? This sounds like a comedian and in LA alot of comedians are pumping gas.
I thought they were constantly watching DD as much as they used to talk about him.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know they aren't looking for Eric or DD, but they secretly covet Wonkster.
With their new black out policy in orangeville I was thinking it might be time for Wonkster to go covert.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
TonyC - Well are there any lists who is looking at Tenn?

Post player Kendall Cooper - no list
Center Mercedes Russell - USC Trojans, Georgia Lady Bulldogs, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, LSU Lady Tigers, Duke Blue Devils, North Carolina Tar Heels, Baylor Lady Bears, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
forward Emmonnie Henderson - Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Purdue Boilermakers, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
guard Tyler Scaife - Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Lady Tigers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Ohio State Buckeyes, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
guard Jordan Reynolds - no list
Guard Linnae Harper - List has been posted here.

guard Rebekah Dahlman - no list

Reaction Score
TonyC - Well are there any lists who is looking at Tenn?

Post player Kendall Cooper - no list
Center Mercedes Russell - USC Trojans, Georgia Lady Bulldogs, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, LSU Lady Tigers, Duke Blue Devils, North Carolina Tar Heels, Baylor Lady Bears, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
forward Emmonnie Henderson - Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Purdue Boilermakers, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
guard Tyler Scaife - Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Lady Tigers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Ohio State Buckeyes, Tennessee Lady Volunteers
guard Jordan Reynolds - no list
Guard Linnae Harper - List has been posted here.
guard Rebekah Dahlman - no list
Considering the number of schools in the hunt for the four players that have "lists", Tenn will get 10% of Russell, 20% of Henderson & Scaife, and 9% of Harper. That's 59% of a players. How would that be worked into the schedule?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tennessee has always taken the approach of casting a wide net and hoping they catch some fish in the process. UConn tends to be more selective and focused on who to recruit. Both approaches have risks. For UConn, the risk is that you could have a couple of misses and then be unable to fill a recruiting class. For Tennessee, sometimes you end up with what seems like a great collection of talent on paper but never really fits together as a team. We've seen both negative results manifest themselves in recent memory.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What I meant was it sounds to me like somebody in Tenn is making up stories ala a wish list. With all the teams ahead of Tenn in the polls why wouldnt these kids prefer to go to a school that has a chance at a NC . I would think preseason Tenn isnt in the top 10. With that said I think the predictors in Tenn are living in the past, when Tenn was a top 4 team. They arent anymore and havent been for a few years, and this season they are rebuilding again. Do I think Mercedes has Tenn on her list? I dont. Do I think she has Louisville on her list? Yes. Do I think UConn is out of the race for her? Im not sure but with UConn having Oregon on their schedule this season and next and with Mercedes team coming to Springfield to play in the HS BB game Im beginning to think UConn just may be in the picture. Now wouldnt that be a steal . My thought is. If your going to play in the BE why not play for UConn. Playtime for Mercedes would not be an issue, not at all.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What I meant was it sounds to me like somebody in Tenn is making up stories ala a wish list. With all the teams ahead of Tenn in the polls why wouldnt these kids prefer to go to a school that has a chance at a NC . I would think preseason Tenn isnt in the top 10. With that said I think the predictors in Tenn are living in the past, when Tenn was a top 4 team. They arent anymore and havent been for a few years, and this season they are rebuilding again. Do I think Mercedes has Tenn on her list? I dont. Do I think she has Louisville on her list? Yes. Do I think UConn is out of the race for her? Im not sure but with UConn having Oregon on their schedule this season and next and with Mercedes team coming to Springfield to play in the HS BB game Im beginning to think UConn just may be in the picture. Now wouldnt that be a steal . My thought is. If your going to play in the BE why not play for UConn. Playtime for Mercedes would not be an issue, not at all.
Tennessee has at least the same shot of winning a NC as Louisville.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think generally any school that is consistently in the top 20 is a player or two away from competing for an NC if it is the right player (s).
And I think there are about 10-15 schools that consistently have overwhelming support for their WCBB programs - and a few surprises thrown in there in terms of rankings.
So elite players have a number of viable options if their decision is based either on NC competition or great facilities/environment. And that does not take into account location, friends, family, affinity to the coaches, etc.
Lets face it UNC has a worse recent run then TN and they seem to be recruiting quite well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
With their new black out policy in orangeville I was thinking it might be time for Wonkster to go covert.

And how do we know this hasn't already happened?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well as to what kids have tennessee on their list, i find it hard to believe that a kid would visit the school, but not be considering them. If the article is correct, the 5 players they listed have either already scheduled a visit, or are expected to. Believe me, I want tennessee to strike out just as much as every other fan of WCBB, but it appears they are on the list of quite a few players. now being on the list is not the same as getting a commitment...

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Considering the number of schools in the hunt for the four players that have "lists", Tenn will get 10% of Russell, 20% of Henderson & Scaife, and 9% of Harper. That's 59% of a players. How would that be worked into the schedule?
Mercedes said recently that she is down to Louisville and TN. She has home visits and official visits set with both schools. I think she will decide early Nov for the signing period.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
When you aren't on your local board, you might want to remember that UT is Texas in most of the world, except for small region in the southeast. Down there, people know what you mean when you say UT, but other places, it is potentially confusing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When you aren't on your local board, you might want to remember that UT is Texas in most of the world, except for small region in the southeast. Down there, people know what you mean when you say UT, but other places, it is potentially confusing.

Very small..... I live in the state next to TN... and when I hear UT.... I think of Austin. Even worse are the Univ of South Carolina fans who either refer to their school as USC... or Carolina... knowing that everyone outside of SC considers USC to be Southern Cal.... and Carolina to be UNC.

Reaction Score
Here's the ultimate UT-UT confusion story.

My sister walked in the house one day wearing a shirt that said 'TU' over the breast pocket. So I asked her "What's TU?" and she thought I said "What's it to you?" She didn't answer, and for months thought I had said something snotty to her! LOL!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, Wonk, when you consider the source...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
doggy, yes those are opinions. but i put some credibility to the sources. tell you what i will do. if you post your name and address, i will send you a check for one month on the summitt. then you can make up your own mind about the credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom