For Dove - Morgan Tuck | The Boneyard

For Dove - Morgan Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
As Eric points out, we are at the time of year - close enough to want to talk about the team but the USA teams are done, and there's not that much to say until super show and practices.

I can't really deliver anything new, but I just completed a first draft of an article about Morgan Tuck, and i hope there are some things in there not everyone knows.

And if someone knows something that isn't in there, let me know.

Reaction Score
As Eric points out, we are at the time of year - close enough to want to talk about the team but the USA teams are done, and there's not that much to say until super show and practices.

I can't really deliver anything new, but I just completed a first draft of an article about Morgan Tuck, and i hope there are some things in there not everyone knows.

Is this for Dove because it's about time for his annual grandstanding appearance on the Women's Board? Oh, wait - that'll come later, closer to the start of the regular season when more people are reading the Boneyard and he'll have a bigger audience.

If you detect a certain snarkiness about this post, it's intentional.

Reaction Score
Who's Morgan Tuck?
LOL! Only my favorite freshman.

Do you realize how many cardiac events this young woman saved amongst gray-haired UConn wbb fans by dint of her early commitment to the Huskies? Blood pressure pill prescriptions dropped over 20% statewide after her announcement in November, 2010, fully a year ahead of the required commitment date for her class.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LOL! Only my favorite freshman.

Do you realize how many cardiac events this young woman saved amongst gray-haired UConn wbb fans by dint of her early commitment to the Huskies? Blood pressure pill prescriptions dropped over 20% statewide after her announcement in November, 2010, fully a year ahead of the required commitment date for her class.
she was an early one for sure. a great pick up for UCONN.

Reaction Score
20 minutes
C'mon, Phil - as you're fully aware, that's UconnHenry, not Dove.

Besides, it's the answer to the question, as yet unasked:

"When is UconnHenry making his first appearance of the season on the Boneyard?"

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I didn't want to wait until the last minute

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

And if you didn't detect any snarkiness in that post, you might need to have your snark meter inspected...

Reaction Score
She's is seriously hard to not REALLY like. I don't have the link but I can recall her being asked "why Uconn?" to which she responded something along the lines of, "all the best players go there and they have the best teams". Glad she saw that because she is going to be really special for us!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She's is seriously hard to not REALLY like. I don't have the link but I can recall her being asked "why Uconn?" to which she responded something along the lines of, "all the best players go there and they have the best teams". Glad she saw that because she is going to be really special for us!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Phil--nice work. Two additional thoughts:

1. I think Morgan was the 2009 NFOY. Not sure which group selected her.

2. The TOC team that Bolingbrook beat was St. Mary's of Stockton, not to be confused with St. Mary's of Phoenix (Courtney's undefeated team).

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Phil--nice work. Two additional thoughts:

1. I think Morgan was the 2009 NFOY. Not sure which group selected her.

2. The TOC team that Bolingbrook beat was St. Mary's of Stockton, not to be confused with St. Mary's of Phoenix (Courtney's undefeated team).

Yeah, I missed St. Mary's thing, so thanks. I knew about the ESPN Rise honors, but didn't them, now have.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is this for Dove because it's about time for his annual grandstanding appearance on the Women's Board? Oh, wait - that'll come later, closer to the start of the regular season when more people are reading the Boneyard and he'll have a bigger audience.

You still twitch when you think of "T. Williams in hospital!" ?

;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Thanks Phil. That's some quality work. I don't know if Wikipedia has posting rules...did you have to get consent from Morgan to do that? Just curious.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks Phil. That's some quality work. I don't know if Wikipedia has posting rules...did you have to get consent from Morgan to do that? Just curious.

Wikipedia has more rules than you can shake a stick at, but, in general, no, I don't have to get permission from Morgan to do that. There is a concept called "notability" that all articles have to pass to remain in Wikipedia. Roughly speaking it requires enough mentions in reliable sources. There is an informal rule that, if an individual is a close call regarding notability, and prefers not to be included, that request will be honored. Happens rarely.

But speaking of rules, the one many people miss, including many would-be editors, is that photos must be licensed with a free license. It isn't hard to find a picture of Morgan, but I had to arrange with the USA Basketball organization to get that photograph licensed for use.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this very informative read!

It makes me wonder (in terms of national ranking) what might have been if she hadn't gotten injured?

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
She will bring much needed toughness under the boards and in the lanes......

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Good article, Phil. Thanks for writing it.

Inevitably, I have comments:
The sentence " The 2011 event, held in Phoenix, Arizona included 96 of the basketball programs in the country." in the TOC section appears to be missing at least one word somewhere.
It looks like you've reversed U18 & U19 in the 2nd & 3rd paragraphs of the USA basketball.
The mention of Moriah & Breanna in the 3rd graph of USA basketball doesn't really belong in an article on Morgan -- turns it into a UConn fan piece. Breanna's leadership of the C-NS team at the TOC likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom