Football today! | The Boneyard

Football today!

Reaction Score
An oasis in the desert. Enjoy it. As usual QB play will be an area of interest.

Reaction Score
So this place keeps track of total messages. It's too bad there's no ratio that shows total threads started divided by total messages posted. Pal would lead the pack.

Reaction Score
An oasis in the desert. Enjoy it. As usual QB play will be an area of interest.
Why is the QB play an area of interest? I thought Pindell is the front runner for QB1.

Reaction Score
Yup...

Friday, Apr. 13, 2018
School Time (ET) TV / Online

UMass 6:00pm
Kentucky 6:30pm SECN / Tickets
Buffalo 7:00pm
Wisconsin 7:00pm BTN
Arizona State 10:00pm Pac-12N
Army TBA
Syracuse TBA ACCNExtra

Reaction Score
What will interest me is the format of the game. Anything other than ones vs ones will immediately cause concern in my mind. I remember the year a certain HC -- who shall remain nameless on this board but who was noted for his sartorial splendor in the nether regions -- played the ones vs the twos and ran about ten plays from the two yard line to start the game. If something suitably weird like that happens this year, I am gonna curb my enthusiasm for the remainder of the pre-season and make other long term plans for the fall.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Offense will look better than the defense and there will be much hand wringing.

Reaction Score
I would not get your hopes up for something resembling a normal contest. A lot of rumblings about thin roster, injuries along the line etc. I am betting this will be a glorified practice. It sucks but Edsall is always conservative.

Reaction Score
I would not get your hopes up for something resembling a normal contest. A lot of rumblings about thin roster, injuries along the line etc. I am betting this will be a glorified practice. It sucks but Edsall is always conservative.

No attack here TMB4405, just curious of when or what team you ever saw that played a win at all cost final practice that is the spring game? I agree with the fact Randy is conservative but in this situation it has absolutely nothing to do with him preventing injuries in a meaningless practice game.

Enjoy tomorrow for what it is and bring RSTuthill along. A day that finally feels like spring and a chance to continually hone our tailgating skills. :D

Reaction Score
I don’t really care all that much. Was just responding to someone who was asking what the format was going to be.

I do think coaches over think this a bit. It’s football players playing football 4.5 months until the first game. IMO just play a realistic game to let your guys (particularly young guys) get some game speed reps.

But I don’t take it as an attack and like I said I do not care alll that much. I wish I could tailgate but my kids have a softball game in morning. Will be there for noon though.

Reaction Score
Two things I want to see are, how quick and fast are the linebackers running to the sidelines. Can they run down the running backs coming around the edge. This was a weakness especially against Virginia last year. Also can the tightends actually catch a ball and hold on to it in traffic. Six to seven years of dropping football with regularity are enough already.

Also lets watch the pass rush. If we have no pass rush I think we are doooooooooooooooooooomed.

Reaction Score
Have to work today, so no excursion to the RENT for me. Expect a full report tonight. Here's a thought from a past spring game. Saw this young frosh linebacker intercept 3 passes & return them for touchdowns. That Scott Lutrus kid turned out to be a decent player.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have to work today, so no excursion to the RENT for me. Expect a full report tonight. Here's a thought from a past spring game. Saw this young frosh linebacker intercept 3 passes & return them for touchdowns. That Scott Lutrus kid turned out to be a decent player.
Best spring game ever

Reaction Score
So far about 45 cars in the lot. If you are looking for Block C merchandise there isn't any.

Reaction Score
The JI this morning says ones will play against ones. How many of the ones who are currently fit to go is a legitimate question, but next man up, as they say. It also implies that the QB's will be under center most of the time today so things are gonna look a bit different. The O is likely less evolution than we thought. Sounds like there has been some thought about chewing up some clock on O rather than rushing through their series with the result that the D gets out there sooner than desired.

Reaction Score
Enjoy tomorrow for what it is and bring RSTuthill along.
Hey, how did I get int the middle of this?

This is the first warm day of the year though. No tailgating for me. Just too much to do. Taxes, yard, car. Will be in my seat for the KO with craft beer in hand, though.

Reaction Score
Have the lineup card in front of me and the only seniors on it are Mayala, Beals and Pindell. All others are Frosh and Sophs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom